Hello after a long time!!!

shelbylominac

Decided to do a little dollhouse research yesterday and remembered to update my e-mail for this site. Have my Beacon Hill still in the box-who knows when I'll get around to actually building with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 month old but I still need a creative outlet. I like to search the internet looking at eye candy and getting ideas-came across the Willowcrest and Joseph Angel houses that I would love to own. Anyone willing to part with or know of one for sale? I think I'll do the Beacon Hill for my daughters. It's my dream to do a large detailed victorian with period decor even if it takes me years. Can anyone recommend any other very nice realistic and large victorian houses (doesn't have to be Greenleaf and can be retired)?

Welcome back! I think the wall hanger, the McKinley, is a good Victorian project. Focuses on the inside of the house rather than the whole of the outside. And it hangs on the wall, away from little fingers, claws and paws!

Thanks for your ideas! While a wall hanging house would be the most practical, I really want a regular one so I can enjoy the outside architecture as well. I have a passion for victorian architecture-I collect internet photos of victorians for ideas as well as just for fun. I think I can manage keeping the kids as well as 3 cats away from a dollhouse in a separate room. The Garfield and Pierce are nice, but just not realistic enough for me. I know they're expensive, but I like the details of the Lawbre houses or maybe some other discontinued house that someone can think of that I could customize with components. Here are some older eBay houses I liked......

post-503-1232805531_thumb.jpg

The McKinley has lovely architectural features on either side. As for realism, I've seen RL versions of the Garfield, Pierce, Beacon Hill, etc. You can always replace the gingerbread trim or make your own, as well as windows, doors and railings, if you wish.