(MADE IN FRANCE)

and turned on his

TV

(MADE IN INDONESIA),

and then wondered

why he can't find

a good paying job

in United States.

When people get hungry enough to put up with the conditions in the fields there won't be any jobs for the migrant labor in this country. Ever wonder how the $Tree & Dollarama stores are able to offer so much merchandise so cheap? It's not labor costs, dear ones.

Even in mini's almost everything is made in China. I think GL is the only dollhouse manufacturer who does all the work here. At least I don't see made in China on any of it. RGT designs here but a lot of it is manufactured in Taiwan. Houseworks, all China. Barbie dolls made here would cost as much as Madam Alexander dolls which, last I looked, are made here. Most are $75 and up. Lee Middleton dolls used to be made in BelPre, Ohio, now made in china. I wonder sometimes where people in the US do work because it seems everything is made in China. If I worried about this I'd be in the loony bin sooner than expected. There is so much here to be thankful for even in the worst of times.

When people get hungry enough to put up with the conditions in the fields there won't be any jobs for the migrant labor in this country. Ever wonder how the $Tree & Dollarama stores are able to offer so much merchandise so cheap? It's not labor costs, dear ones.

i keep hearing rumors that dollar tree and 99cents only stores will be raising their prices. i hope this isn't true.

When times get tough enough and enough folks are without jobs, they will take over the jobs that the migrants were/are doing and be happy with the salary they make there. It happened during the last depressions and it will happen again. This will do many things for us.......move the migrants back to where they came from as there won't be any work for them, and put food on the tables for those who need jobs and food desperately.

Perhaps gas stations should pump gas by people again and put some of them to work that way too, instead of being all do-it-yourself. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.....

They'll all have to change their names, then....somehow the '$1.75 Store' doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

Motel 6 managed without a name change. Can you even think back to a time when a motel room was $6/night? Phew!

<br />When times get tough enough and enough folks are without jobs, they will take over the jobs that the migrants were/are doing and be happy with the salary they make there. It happened during the last depressions and it will happen again. This will do many things for us.......move the migrants back to where they came from as there won't be any work for them, and put food on the tables for those who need jobs and food desperately. <br /><br />Perhaps gas stations should pump gas by people again and put some of them to work that way too, instead of being all do-it-yourself. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.....<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /

Gas stations definitely should have real people service like they used to. Pumping your own gas is not my favorite thing and in the middle of winter it's downright painful. You take your gloves off so not to get gas on them and your fingers almost freeze to the nozzle. There would be lots of jobs available just in that department. The ATM machines are just as bad in winter. You can't keep your gloves on. At least for now anyway, there are still bank tellers.

I've worked in a well known coffee shop chain for 8 years. It pays good and my whole family has dental/drug/ health benefits for free, and we cannot get any workers! It seems those looking for jobs here would like a do nothing job, that pays a million per year. No offence to those who truly are being unlucky finding work, but in some cases I'm thinking some are unemployed by choice.

We have Pfizer here in our neck of the woods. Many scientists were laid off. My *Mom* works/worked with some of them. Her job is not in Pfizer but they do work for the company. Anyway, she said a couple of them are getting degrees in nursing. They will get a year of severance and they will use that time to go to school.

The only fields that are actually thriving in this economy are medical and education.(According to some analysts on CNN last night) If you are lucky enough to find ANY job in a hospital or in education, hold on to it for dear life. I was telling my friend`s boyfriend to try to get a job in enviromental at the local hospital where Fred works. Get your foot in the door cause they are hiring. He made a noise because he did not want to clean toilets. But he is looking at losing his job that is in retail.

Now is not the time to be a job snob. If you can get a job cleaning toilets in a place that is stable...tell them you will use your personal toothbrush to do it!

Most hospitals offer the best health benies, too.

Yesserybob!

Medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, free bloodwork, etc etc.

Fred put up with alot of garbage working for maniacal managers in the Enviro dept for years. The bennies were the reason he put up with it. He is now in Female-land in the NICU. It is much better then what he had but you all know what it is like to work with women. At least he does not take the job home with him anymore.

Education is not the field to go into, take my word for it! 1-for the years experience and amt of college classes, they are paid about half of what they would get in the real world. 2-they are now laying off teachers all over the country because schools can no longer afford to pay for all of the government mandated things they have to provide. Several schools in texas have closed, laid off teachers, or are in danger of closing because they can no longer pay their bills. And believe me, they don't give any benefits-you pay for every insurance, disability, etc that you get!

nurses never have problems getting jobs, no matter what state they move to. there were times when i was offered a position before the ink could dry on the application. i know if something happens with my current job, there's another one just around the corner..and the pay isn't half bad either...