Nervous but excited about beginning

Madelyn

Hello, Greenleaf Community,

I have just begun this intriguing hobby!

I purchased 3 kits - TENNYSON, BEACON HILL, and PIERCE. (eBay and Overstock, for best prices).

These are formidable projects, and, I know that they will take me a long time to complete. Any words of advice, please?

I teach Second Grade, at a 100% Native American School. The children are as interested in the houses as I am!

I love Alternative Process Photography, old-fashioned Carbon, Gum, Palladium, and Cyannotype processes. Also, I do organic gardening. I have English roses, in containers. My company are 2 cats.

Thanks for your replies,

Madelyn

Welcome to the neighborhood :lol: I LOVE how you have jumped totally into this addiction Urrr Ummm Hobby :cheer: Read the instructions more than one time before you start the kits. It will help you understand the "language" better and terms that are used for the houses. Remember to have fun and work at your own pace. Keep plenty of masking tape on hand and wood glue.

Welcome to the little family, Madelyn. There are several "getting started" threads here & there throughout the Forum, you might want to take a bit of time using the "Search" feature to check them out; also the various tool liists. These should suggest some questions to get you started.

I purchased 3 kits - TENNYSON, BEACON HILL, and PIERCE.

Welcome to the forum Madelyn! What a wonderful collection of kits you have! The Beacon Hill is one of my all time favorites and it's on my list of "must haves" some day.

Welcome to the forum Madelyn! What a wonderful collection of kits you have! The Beacon Hill is one of my all time favorites and it's on my list of "must haves" some day.

Madelyn

Welcome to the forum and to the miniature dollhouses world.

I'm interested on how you got these kits on ebay.

I'm a scary cat when it comes to buying stuff throught ebay.

It's safe?

Gina

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! Thouse are great kits, and it'll be fun to see you build them!

First important rule -- despite what the instructions may say, don't use hot glue in your construction, especially for the foundation and walls (It might be useful when you get to shingling, but that's down the road a bit!!)

Take your time to read through the instructions...and do that again. And maybe again, until you really get a sense of where to start. And use lots of masking tape to hold stuff together to make sure you know where each piece goes! (We call that "dry fit" around here, should you run into that term on one of the threads!)

And have fun! Sounds like you might have a whole lotta help! :lol:

Welcome welcome! My only advice is if the larger dollhouses seem overwhelming initially... do something simple first - like maybe the spring fling they should be announcing any time now... which is a contest (but mostly a major eye candy fest)... Maybe you can even get the kids to submit ideas for that build once the project is announced.

I'm sure you're going to love it here!