Sturbridge show in June ?

Selkie

Saw an ad for this show in early June and was just wondering if it is worth going to? I've never attended anything so wouldn't want to chose the one that wasn't worth it.

It probably won't ever happen for me but I thought I'd ask here just to see. It would be a major planning event due to all the other complications I live with so don't want to make an unwarranted effort.

What about all the workshops - any teachers and/or topics good, terrible, so-so, etc.?

Can you go w/o staying overnight?

Wish it wasn't on a Sunday AM cuz I have church obligations. Are they always on Sundays?

It should be excellent! It is one that is put on by Molly Cromwell and I would really like to go. I have attended her Tyson's Corner show and even took classes there as well. If you are in the area, it would be worth a visit!

This is a FANTASTIC show! It's my favorite and I try to go every year. There are tons of exhibitors/sellers with an amazing variety of quality and prices. I highly recommend it. (I've never been to the workshops.) I only live about a 2 hours drive away, so I can't comment on the accomodations. But since the show has been held at this location for quite a few years, it must be okay. Here's a link to Molly Cromwell's website:

http://www.mollycromwell.com/

If you like, check my Gallery for the Sturbridge 2008 album of some goodies I bought. :crazyeyes:

I went last year and it was wonderful. Stayed overnight Friday and Saturday. There were classes Saturday morning. I took a oil painting class. Then if you pay the $15 admission fee, you get to go to the preview on Saturday night and you get to shop and plan your strategy. Then it is a mob scene all day on Sunday.

I am not going this year but if I could, I would. Definitely a must if you can go!

This is an excellent show--definitely worth going to. If you can make the trip, you'll find it's well worth it. There's so much to see and so many nice people to meet, you can take classes and you'll definitely find something to purchase that you didn't even know you needed! I think it's the biggest show in the Northeast, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also be sure to allow yourself the entire day to browse and shop...there's a lot to see. One year I got there late and had to rush at the end.

• 1 month later...

Selkie,

Violet2Dawn and I went last year. We stayed over at the hotel that hosts the show. We stayed Friday night and Saturday Night and had to empty the room at noon. It cost us each (if memory serves) $125 each. We shared a room that had two double beds. The beds were horrendous but everything else at the hotel was wonderful. The restaurant on the site was really really good. It is right on a lake with a beach.

We stayed over on Friday because we took a oil painting class that started on Saturday morning. It was a really good class and I learned alot. Then you can go around town. There are a few shops here and there and places to eat. Then in the evening you get to go to the preview of the show. See, you pay $15 for a pass to go on Saturday night and it also covers your entry into it on Sunday. You get to SHOP on Saturday. Plus you can map out what you want to buy on Sunday.

We even played a round of mini golf at the hotel.

Then you get breakfast and the show starts on Sunday. It is really BUSY. That is why it is good to get there on Saturday so you can see what you want to see and plus you can buy some things ahead of time.

They have a raffle all day long on Sunday for some really good prizes. We did not win anything but it was still fun.

So you can mail out your money for your pass for Saturday and Sunday. They will have your name on a list for when you get there to give you a name tag. You can then book your room now for the show. They charge a discounted price for people attending the show. If you really think you are going to stay overnight..book it now. We paid in cash for the room when we got there.

If you have never gone, you should not miss it. It is huge and you can find some real bargains out there. I haggled my booty off!

You are going to want to have money for your room, meal on Friday, three meals on Saturday, and on Sunday. Prices at the hotel and around town were not expensive at all. You want money for Saturday shopping and Sunday Shopping. You have to pay in advance for your class also.

There is a TOO die for candy shop in town. The two of us bought so much fudge to bring home..LOL

Let us know if you decide to go.

I am going to be there! I will have a table showing my character dolls. In fact, I just got my confirmation from Molly Cromwell today. So hopefully I will get to meet some of you!

Very Exciting :lol: .

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am going this year also, wouldn't miss it!

My mom, sister-in-law, 8 year old niece Ava and my 16 year old cousin Becca (who is AMAZING with polymer clay and a toothpick :) ) are going as well. Should be a great day!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Sherr, I'm also excited you will be there with your amazing dolls!

Guest Nathaniel

I will be there as well! Last year was my first year going and I have been looking forward to this show ALL YEAR!!! I just can't wait!! :)

-Nathaniel :rofl:

Ha! Woe is me...When I lived in Enfield, Ct. for most of my 50+ years I knew nothing

about a mini show in Sturbridge .Now I know about it and I've been in Texas for almost three years!! Ha,again. Well, if you have a chance to go- DO SO!!Sounds like a

wicked good time.

Definitely go-I met Sue Thwaite(Lady bug) on Sunday and she is the nicest lady around.I purchased A waterfall from her and it is too die for.I would love to do her workshop-take it(it's a real working train in miniature)

Guest Nathaniel

I am getting SOOOO excited about this show~~!!! its only like 6 days away~! WOO HOO!!! does anyone have the hours or address handy? I think its 11am-4pm but I dont recall what the address is... I'll have to just look it up on the Molly Cromwell website when I get a chance...

Hope to see some Greenleafers there again this year! Is anyone wearing a Greenleaf this year to represent! I have to find mine... LOL - last year a wore a greenleaf thing around my neck that was HUGE! It was funny!

-Nathaniel :)

Nathaniel (and anyone else who needs the info):

Host Hotel on Cedar Lake, Sturbridge MA

508-347-7393

366 main St

Mass Pike exit 9 to exit 3b or I-84 to 3b

Sat June 6 preview 5:30-8:30 (must register beforehand, $15)

Show open Sunday June 7, 10-4

Adults $6, Children $4

I'll be wearing a green leaf pendant around my neck. Fortunately it's smaller than Nathaniels "necklace" was last year! :)

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel (and anyone else who needs the info):

Host Hotel on Cedar Lake, Sturbridge MA

508-347-7393

366 main St

Mass Pike exit 9 to exit 3b or I-84 to 3b

Sat June 6 preview 5:30-8:30 (must register beforehand, $15)

Show open Sunday June 7, 10-4

Adults $6, Children $4

I'll be wearing a green leaf pendant around my neck. Fortunately it's smaller than Nathaniels "necklace" was last year! :congrats:

Thanks Kate!!! I will see you there!! <_< I have been saving up for this show all year! I've been good all year just so I can be BAD at this show!!! LOL :o

-Nathaniel :o

So, as to the greenleaf pendant for ID purposes ... I looked in Nathaniel's gallery and found a picture of some of you (no id's as to who is who in the pic) plus a copy of the pendant in his album from last years show.

Is that the one everyone will be wearing? I printed out a copy just in case.

I'm still dreaming about going but don't have any sitters yet. The littlest has been under the weather of late and no one dares to take the job.

Keep your fingers crossed. I've never been to a show before and would love to go and see you all there.

So, quick show of hands, who is going, in addition to Nathaniel and Kate? I don't know yet if I can go, but I had it in my mind that the show was last weekend, so I'm glad I didn't miss it altogether.

I went 2 years ago, and would love to go back!

So, quick show of hands, who is going, in addition to Nathaniel and Kate? I don't know yet if I can go, but I had it in my mind that the show was last weekend, so I'm glad I didn't miss it altogether.

I went 2 years ago, and would love to go back!

I would love to go but alas no ride. I cannot drive long distance because of an inner ear thingy. I hope you get to go. It is so much fun!

Yes that picture of the vine is the one we all wore! I think I will attach one to my bag. It is good for easy ID!!

You're welcome Nathaniel! Looking forward to seeing you there :yes: I was NOT good all year and I'm just going to spend...spend...spend. LoL