Sturbridge show in June ?

Selkie

You all have fun and take lots of pictures!

Ooo! Try to find that guy from England (i think) who does the hand blown glass pieces. He is really cheap.

Everyone's probably in bed already - resting up for tomorrow! It's an hour and a half drive for me so I usually arrive around 11:30 or 12. But since it ends at 4, 4 hours isn't enough time to see (and buy!) everything! I'm looking forward to it!

I'll try to remember to wear the Greenleaf. I'll probably recognize Nathaniel. :)

Yes, we did meet! Selkie spotted my 'green leaf' tag, as she and Twinkle and HeartnSoul were standing in front of Sherr's booth. I met Gramamarge later at the same spot. Nathaniel had been spotted but I never did find him.

My first order of business, after meeting the gang, was to find a hand crafted upright piano. I found a beautiful spinet. When I first saw it, I thought the price was $200! But that was for a different piano. The one I liked was $45! I'll try to post pictures of all my goodies tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sherr's dolls are even more realistic in person. It's like you want to talk to them!

Hey, miracles of miracles - Twinkle and I actually made it to the show !!! We didn't get someone to stay with the little guy until 10 AM so it was quite a surprise that it actually worked out.

As Twilight said already, we met at Sherr's booth. It was so fun to meet fellow GL'ers !!!! I thought Pastalinda was going to be there with her sister but we never saw her. We got there late so they may have already come and gone by the time we got there. We thought we saw Nathaniel in another aisle but never caught up with him.

Here are Twinkles treasures: Make sure you notice the wonderful little knife that Sherr gave her. Sherr also taught her how to make her own so she can create a set for herself. It was so thoughtful of her to take an interest in a young mini-lover.

Twinkle's bashed Primrose is small so the lovely little settee and chairs will be perfect in front of the fireplace along with her end table. She selected pinks for bedding fabrics and curtains which will be lovely too. The bookcase and bureau are also adorable.

Here are my treasures:

The lace will be great curtains and the white arbor is going in a scene I'm working on. The laser cut loveseat and chair are perfect for my style. I just love those.

It was so much fun to meet everyone but it was long drive and long day. Sorry we missed the rest of you.

Not only Twinkle's first show but my first too !!! I've been to train shows before which is another kind of mini world but not this kind. We were both very tired when we got home but couldn't wait to have a photo op for our treasures.

Sorry I missed everyone. I didn't actually know about the greenleaf tags. I stopped at Sherri's table to admire her dolls but she wasn't there, someone was covering for her I think. I did take her pamphlet though and I agree, her dolls are so great to see up close. I didn't even know if I was going to be going since my son graduated Thursday night and we had a big party for him on Saturday. I was sooooo tired. I'm glad I went, even if for just a few hours. Next time I'll try to hook up with you guys.

Guest Nathaniel

Check out my treasures from the Sturbridge Miniatures Festival 2009!!!

I must have walked around the show room floor about 8 times for about 5 hours! I bought some beautiful and one-of-a-kind stuff!!! Check it out and leave comments!

I must have been too focused on the show because I didnt see ANYONE I knew there! But i hear that a few people saw me zipping around the aisles! LOL

I bought some beautiful hand made and hand painted beds from a lovely woman who said this was her last show... She was selling around 15 of these beautiful beds and I couldnt decide which ones NOT to buy so I bought 5 of them! I also bought a beautiful vintage Bespaq highboy (called Fantastic Miniatures at the time). I bought a few hand painted dressers and night stands, 2 fireplaces, one with shelves on either side, some pillows, and I'm sure a few other things that I can't think of right now! lol

Click here for the pics and please leave comments! :blink:

Thanks!

Nathaniel

Nathaniel - you got "my" amoire !!!! I had my eye on that one with the painted front and two doors.

Lucky you - it's lovely - enjoy.

Hope we see you to speak with next year. We did see you an aisle over from us a couple different times.

Hey Nathaniel! The 'bed' lady is Dorothy Ilott. I've been looking for her for a couple of years. I bought a set from her that is the same design as one of yours. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=21316

I also bought a new one plus its nightstand.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=41342

She lives on the Cape and she told that her local mini group has a gathering in Sept. She's going to send me the info. I'll let you know about it, too.

Guest Nathaniel
Nathaniel - you got "my" amoire !!!! I had my eye on that one with the painted front and two doors.

Lucky you - it's lovely - enjoy.

Hope we see you to speak with next year. We did see you an aisle over from us a couple different times.

LOL! I wondered if anyone would recognize some of the treasures I picked up at the show. I had to scoff the stuff up at Dorothy's table before it was gone because it was all marked at such good prices because this was her last show! I've bought handmade beds before for $100+ and hers were only $20-30!!! CRAZY!!!

Yes, I hope I get to meet you there next year. I'm sorry we didnt get to meet this time. I have also been going to a dollhouse show in Dedham, Ma (every fall and spring) and I saw Gail at it at the Spring show. I actually ran into about 5 dollhouse friends at the Dedham show, but NONE at the Sturbridge show. I think I was too focused on my minis!!! LOL

Hey Nathaniel! The 'bed' lady is Dorothy Ilott. I've been looking for her for a couple of years. I bought a set from her that is the same design as one of yours. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=21316

I also bought a new one plus its nightstand.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=41342

She lives on the Cape and she told that her local mini group has a gathering in Sept. She's going to send me the info. I'll let you know about it, too.

Yes! Thats her name! And her beds and bedroom furniture are soooo beautiful!! I wanted to buy them all!!! I love the red toile one that I got!!! :wave: I love the bed you picked up too! We musta just missed eachother because I went back to Dorothy SEVERAL times! lol

I would LOVE to go to the mini group gathering in Sept. I wonder if she would be selling anything at the gathering? Her stuff is just beautiful!!! Please please let me know about it when you get the information!

Sorry I didnt see you at this one. Will I see you at the Dedham show in the Fall or Spring?

Oh, and by the way - that roombox you did using one of her beds is GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

-Nathaniel :)

Sorry I didnt see you at this one. Will I see you at the Dedham show in the Fall or Spring?

Oh, and by the way - that roombox you did using one of her beds is GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

-Nathaniel :wave:

Thanks for the compliment! I agree, her beds are gorgeous! I prefer the sets with the hand painted details, but I really do like the red toile that you got.

I'm definitely planning on going to the Dedham shows! And I will absolutely let you know what I hear from Dorothy. And even if she considers herself 'retired', she might be willing to do special orders. After all, if you're into minis and you're that talented, you can't just stop!

Guest Nathaniel
Thanks for the compliment! I agree, her beds are gorgeous! I prefer the sets with the hand painted details, but I really do like the red toile that you got.

I'm definitely planning on going to the Dedham shows! And I will absolutely let you know what I hear from Dorothy. And even if she considers herself 'retired', she might be willing to do special orders. After all, if you're into minis and you're that talented, you can't just stop!

Absolutely - she is very talented! I think she said her husband helps her with the beds too... I dont know if she was just stopping going to shows or if she was stopping all-together... Apparently not if she is having the gathering in September... She was a lovely woman though and actually she kept on throwing in free stuff into my order because she said I was "such a good customer" lol. I got a free table, chair, dresser, and a box of dunkin donuts from her! She kept slashing prices too when I would ask her how much something was!!! I LOVED HER!!! LOL! :wave:

I LOVE TOILE!!! I didnt realized until I had a few pieces with toile on them just how much I love it! I want to get some toile fabric and some toile wallpaper (I think I might have some but not ENOUGH!) lol Id like to make some pillows out of some tiny toile fabric...

Im glad you are going to the Dedham shows! I will be sure to see you there! Unless real life gets in the way... which I will not let it! I think I would go to a show just to LOOK even if I didnt have any money to spend. I had so much fun in Sturbridge just drooling over some of the pieces that cost more than the real thing! (but are just as beautiful if not more than the real thing)

I would LOVE to do a special order from Dorothy. i would pick out a nice toile fabric because i just love it soooo much!

It was funny - someone at the show told me they were so happy to see someone so enthusiastic about this hobby - me!!! This is the truth!!!

-Nathaniel :)

Wow Nathaniel--Lucky you! Good choice on the red toile bed!! I saw those beds and was actually quite shocked at the low prices. I considered the toile bed (that one was my favorite) but have nowhere to put it for a long time, as I have other ideas for the houses I'm working on. They were too big to put in my San Fran since the rooms are so narrow.

Sorry we missed you at the show...I did get to meet Selkie, Twinkle and Twilight and see Sherr's AWESOME dolls! I took a photo of her booth...I'll put it up tonight. She is SO talented and kind and gracious, she shared some of her doll-making tips with us. I feel so proud to have a member of the forum actually selling at the show, and her dolls are much more beautiful in person. The photos are very good, but there's nothing like seeing the real thing! Her faces are so expressive and real! She told me she has a day job :wave: I honestly don't know how she does it, but her dolls are amazing! After *trying* to sculpt, I am really in awe of the detail and expressions she captures, and her painting (facial features and skin tones) is also amazing. Someday I would love to have one!!

Oh and Selkie I saw those Gothic laser-cut chairs and LOVED them! So excited you got some of them!!

Margaret, I saw Ladybug and hugged her for you! I DID get a lipstick fairy this year!!! LOL It was time...

Ava, my 8-year-old niece came this year and I was amazed and so happy at how some of the vendors encouraged the kids...Ava received several "free" items that she was able to select from, for example, the gentleman (Alex something complicated...) who made hand thrown pots and vases, and from Michelle of Michelle's Miniatures (she makes laser-cut signs and other items). There were not very many children there, so it was great to see them singled out as special! Ava purchased a white wire birdcage with a bluejay for her dollhouse and a miniature plastic tent for outside the house.

I only took two photos and I meant to get a photo of all the Greenleafers together, but it didn't happen! Sorry!

It was a great day! :)

I am finally back in NC from Sturbridge show. I had a great time and a successful one too!

Was so very happy to meet Selkie, Twinkle, Heartnsoule and Twighlight! Nathaniel I looked for you but you must have been busy buying out the house LOL!

I bought some Alex Miklejon (sp?) pottery and some great fabrics from JoAnne Roberts.