Peanut Butter Nirvana

heidiiiii

There is this eatery in NYC called Peanut Butter & Co. They are located in Greenwich Village and their menu consists of everything peanut butter. Fred and I want to go there on our next trip to the city.

Yesterday I went with my buddy to the local discount store (Ocean State Job Lot). I like to go there for the foodstuffs. I can get some really high end unusual stuff for very cheap.

What do my eyes land upon? Peanut Butter & Co. Peanut butter. They make their own and sell it. My friend thought I was nuts for spending $3 each for 4 jars of the stuff. She just does not understand.

I was able to get White Chocolate wonderful, Bee`s Knees, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, and Mighty Maple. They retail for $6 a jar. Their stuff is safe from the salmonella scare.

Fred is very happy. He is a peanut butter-aholic.

I had to share in my happiness and score.

What is your favorite peanut butter sandwich?

Fred makes triple deckers. Strawberry preserves and peanut butter on three slices of bread.

I like straight peanut butter with a bit of margarine on toast. Really boring huh?

Would love to make an Elvis.

I hate peanutbutter-used to like it as a child but my younger brothers used to make peanutbutter sandwiches and leave the knife in their room for a few days.The smell was horrible-turned me off peanut butter.I love peanuts,love chocolate with peanut butter(Reeses) but peanut butter-no way

I've never like peanut butter sandwiches. As a kid, I felt as if I were going to suffocate when it stuck to the roof of my mouth. No happy memories there!

Lloyd likes peanutbutter and banana on toast, open faced. If he could have one for breakfast every morning, he'd be a happy camper. :D On the other hand, he doesn't like the peanut butter/chocolate combo at all. If I buy Reese's peanutbutter cups, I only have to guard them from the kid. :lol:

I love peanuts,love chocolate with peanut butter(Reeses) but peanut butter-no way

I'm the exact opposite. I LOVE peanut butter. Just staight peanut butter on bread. Maybe occassionally sandwiched between saltine crackers or on apples, but I don't to mix my peanut butter with chocolate. Separately they're two of my favorite foods, but together I avoid them. I also don't like actual nuts in anything. I can sit and eat a peanut out of the shell, but please don't put any peanuts, walnuts, or any other type of nut with any of my sweets.

My brand is Jif. If I have to I'll buy Peter Pan, but Jif is my brand of choice. My family used to like Planters, but it's no longer sold in my region of the country, if it's made at all anymore. When I was little my mom used to buy the big black and white tubs of generic peanut butter. You never see black and white generic foods anymore, do you?

I find that since this peanut scare has come down that I've avoided peanut butter for the past month. This is the longest I've ever gone without eating it, but I just got over a digestive illness and I'm being over-cautious. I know regular peanut butter is not in the recall or even affected, and even tell everyone this, but I'm not practicing what I'm preaching. I keep thinking "What if?" and remembering all that time I spend in the bathroom and in pain a few weeks ago and haven't touched it. Irrational, I know, since I know it's totally safe.

Oh Linda. I love celery stuffed with peanut butter. I had that just a month ago. I had a urge for it. Of course it has to have a few raisins stuck in there..Ants on a log!

Greg, when I was lil I had to have Fritos with my PB&J just like this commercial I saw on tv.

pickles and peanut butter? I do not know about that..maybe. I so want to try deep fried pickles like I have seen on tv.

PB and J and bologna! FLUFFERNUTTERS!! ya know, on toast with thick layer of marshmellow cream, um straight outta the jar with a spoon. I am the only one that eats crunchy so the jar is mine. Jif brand of course....long life of Jif women in my family. With celery...yep good that way too. Ritz crackers or Townhouse, either is fine. Yeah, I love my peanut butter!

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are my absolute favourite. I love peanut butter. I put it on crackers, apples, sandwiches, celery and straight out of the jar. My preferred brand is Kraft extra Creamy but usually I have whatever is on sale at the time. I am not that picky as long as it has that peanut butter taste. I wish I had bananas in the house right now. This thread has made me really want a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I went thru a phase in my 20's of liking peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches. Sounds weird but they really are good. (or maybe it was just because I was stoned and would have eaten anything) I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches but my absolute favorite way to eat peanut butter is on pancakes with maple syrup. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm.

Deb

I used to love peanut butter and honey. That is how the schools always served their peanut butter sandwiches and I just found out this week that Jif actually makes a peanut butter and honey kind. I will have to try that the next time I go grocery shopping. I like just plain peanut butter and fresh soft bread.

I work straight afternoon shifts, and everyone is sleeping when I get in, so I can't start cooking things. If they didn't leave me any leftovers that I can just dig into, I just reach for the bread and peanut butter. ( must be 3 slices and stack them.) It's not the ideal meal, but does the trick.

I went thru a phase in my 20's of liking peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches.

Deb

I actually said the word *Yuck!* out loud when I read that. LOL But I used to like to eat mustard sandwiches as a kid. So I should not judge..LOL

Greg, Fred and I love to smoosh potato chips into our sandwiches. It is a thing I did in junior high and I still like it to this day. I like fried bologna sandwiches but I do not think I could put peanut butter on them.

Have you ever fried a Fluffernutter sandwich? Lightly spread some margarine (or butter) on both sides of outsides of bread. Peanut butter and Fluff on the inside, then grill like a grilled cheese sandwich. THAT is good ole back in the day Munchy food.

I admit to eating PB straight from the jar with a tablespoon. I usually buy Smuckers, but tried a new brand's cinnamon raisin swirl and darn near swooned. It's over $4 a jar, so a rare treat.

Used to get pb and deviled ham sandwiches way back in grade school. PB and bananas, yum. Also pb, real butter, brown sugar and raisins.