Opal Office

KathieB

I tried opening a PowerPoint file the other day only to discover that this computer doesn't have the MS PowerPoint software installed. I Googled free powerpoint software and found a site for Opal Office.

From the glowing customer comments, I'd say it's a good deal at $11.95 for OO equivalents of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. That's $11.95 for all three! They have a 100% money back guarantee. I would like to have PowerPoint capability without spending mucho bucks. But it almost sounds too good to be true.

Am wondering if anyone here uses this software and what you think of it.

Never heard of it. You know what they say, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You might try buying an older version of Office from someone that has upgraded. There might not be support that way but they usually charge anyway. Just make sure they give you the pin number for installation. I have Office 2007 and am still able to do everything I need.

Julie

Linda, thanks for pointing me in a better direction. I downloaded the MS PowerPoint Reader for free. At this point in time I don't need to produce Powerpoint presentations, just look at them. :lol: