I passed state board!

Monica_the_haunted

OMG, I'm so relieved!

This was the hard one (or so they say). I passed the practical which was demonstrating that we know how to actually do everything we were trained to do.

Now I have the written which is supposed to be quite difficult on Saturday at 9:00am.

I'm 1/2 done! Back to mini's after Saturday...or not...

Wish me luck on the other half!

Hugs,

Monica

Today is test day ... sending you good, strong vibes for a great test experience! Will you learn your score today or must you wait? Adding vibes for patience, in case you have to wait! <_<

Wish we lived closer I could really use an anti aging facial....Ive been out of the biz for a long time ( I was a makeup artist/cosmetologist for 15 years) so when you start working you'll have to let me know what the best products are these days...anti aging stuff. What I really want to know is,is there a wrinkle cream out there that really works????

Thanks everyone! <_<

I really appreciate the love! You all are the best!

Karin, I have to say that the best thing or at leat my fav stuff is the Alpha Hydroxy peel facial, and Murad has an excellent line of prods for those over 30 like us :)

Also, as much as this feels kinda rough, the Microdermabrasion facial is un beatable in terms of "wrinkle away". We had a couple of 50 something ladies in the class who's faces made huge and positive changes with the MDA machine.

No such thing yet as as great wrinkle cream but as we all know "Stay out of the Sun"!

I also really like Dermalogica's product line as well. Very nice stuff, noone reacted adversly to it.

I wanna see your portfolio of makeup girlie!

Hugs,

Monica

Thanks Monica for the tips, Ive used Murad before but it was many years ago,before I really needed it. Lots of good tips there in your post,thanks!

OMG I love doing makeup, I mostly did hair, but also worked for photographers doing glamour makeup,that was so much fun, and very rewarding. Thats why I really get into painting techiques with my dollhouses,the principals are the same,shading and highlighting,contouring,color accents. Hey,if you ever want a really awesome makeup book,this book helped me with makeup more than beauty school or any other book, its called Instant Makeover Magic, its by Michael Maron. Its old school,published in the 80s I think,back when women wore makeup...haha...its fabulous,you can find it on amazon.com,last time I checked it was just a buck or two. This book takes famous women, many women that have never been seen publically without makeup on, and shows you that they are just average,everyday looking people....until the makeup.... and then VaVoom...movie stars...its awesome,really inspirational,and you learn great technique.

Anyways,good luck with starting your career,Im sure you'll be very successful!