Spring Fling 2009

these kits are very bossy!!! :)

You're not kidding, I wanted to do one thing, and started building that and and somehow it turned out completely different. Like the house was balking at my idea. Since it's going to be so bossy I'm just going to keep throwing things at it and it can keep changing them around. I'm seriously not kidding - I'll try one thing and for some reason it won't fit, it won't measure right - it's like the kit is saying Nope, nah, I don't think so... then suddenly another piece I didn't even bother to measure fits like a glove. It's kind of spooky...

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered two on Friday the 20th. I still haven't received them. There was an error about payment for one. They didn't realize they had it. One was sent the 20th and one the 24th. I haven't received either one as yet. :):)

I ordered 2 on the 20th and am also still waiting. Hoping both of ours arrive soon. :)

I hope you all get your kits soon ... but never fear, there's plenty of time to create your - creations! :)

So far my kit isn't bossy at all. She (it must be female, we're so in sync) is a darling, and agrees with everything I suggest!

:) i got it :D i got it :D i got it :D and already he's in dry fit with all the items i made sitting in him for sizing. wow! i love him (hope husband doesn't get jealous) He loves everything i made and can't wait for more. He did suggest removing his __________ and adding a _____________ to make a ____________. Which surprised me becuase i didn't expect to do any bashing. But i am so in love- I'll do whatever he asks. LOL

Amy, why don't you PM Dean? Don't feel down - it will come, and you will be so happy with it. :) I love mine! If you keep busy with making/buying little things that fit with what you plan to do with it - before you know it, that little kit will be knocking on your door! (My fingers are crossed that it will be tomorrow.)

I'm going to wait until Tuesday, before I email or pm, or call anyone else. I've already sent an email to customer service and left one voice mail message this morning. I know I seem to be a little pushy regarding this, but it's a little annoying since I live less than two hours away from where it's being shipped from.

Well, the idea that will be rougher on the budget has won! I was a little "if-fy" on it for a couple days---but even though I wanted it to be an old stone mill with a water wheel and river/creek....I could hear my little "house" from miles away telling me it wanted my other idea.... I guess she's not so bossy, just insistent! At least she's giving me a bunch of ideas and other helpful comments! Now if she could magically clear my schedule so I could actually start working on her!! ( I have all but the trim pieces sanded and that's all so far!)

I'm going to wait until Tuesday, before I email or pm, or call anyone else. I've already sent an email to customer service and left one voice mail message this morning. I know I seem to be a little pushy regarding this, but it's a little annoying since I live less than two hours away from where it's being shipped from.

Mine also hasn't arrived yet, but the attitude of my local postal service (pony express? :ph34r: ) has nothing to do with Dean!

Mine also hasn't arrived yet, but the attitude of my local postal service (pony express? :ph34r: ) has nothing to do with Dean!

to be honest I wasn't even thinking about contacting Dean about this, I replied back to the first email confirmation (was sent from a different person) and got a reply that it was sent to the post office on the 24th, and in that email I was given a phone number for customer service to call if I had any other concerns or problems. There was also an email for customer service email, which I reply to some days later and they finally sent me back an email stating that my package was process on the 20th, but the post office hasn't updated the tracking info yet. It was after that email that I called customer service and left a message, but I haven't gotten any reply back from them either. By the way I still haven't received my kit yet. And I was very nice during all these transactions, but I'm still not getting any real answers as to where my kit really is. And it's getting really annoying now. I have very little time at night to work on minis (as most of us, life is just too busy) and I'm really starting to think that by the time I get it, it's going to be too late to have it done by the deadline.

Amy, I am sure that GL people will try their hardest to help out in this as whenever I have had a question (and believe me when living over here and wanting to puchase things from overseas one has questions LOL) they have always been quick to deal with whatever I have asked. But sometimes there are glitches in the best of systems as well, but hopefully you too will have your little kit arriving real soon!

Hugs

Anna,

I know that even the best of systems screw up at times, I'm just really frustrated because of the time factor. I have a really cute idea for this kit and I am really afraid that I won't have enough time to finish. My boss keeps giving me all these little things that are unsellable at work for me to use in my hollhouses and my idea was going to be using a lot of them in this one idea. I know that I can always finish the kit after the deadline and show her pictures, but I just thought she would get a real kick knowing that all those little things went into a contest piece.

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed about today.

As stated before, it is going through USPS the cheapest way possible for everyone. It does not matter if you live next door to them (usps) they still can and sometimes will hold the package for 10 days before they deliver it. I sent something to my mom in Illinois (1.5 hours away drive) it took her 8 days to get it :rolleyes: . The funny thing is, I saw her 2 times before she ever got the package :lol: Oh well, it could be worse....but we hope you get it soon!! :p It's hard to wait for our minis when we are so excited about them!!

I understand that it could take up to 10 days for delivery, but I ordered on March 20th (around 6:30am, not that the time makes a difference) Today is April 6th and still I don't have it. I know everyone is tired of hearing me complain about this and I'm sorry.

Amy here's a {{{{{Big Hug}}}}} You'll have it soon or else we'll come swinging around with the Greenleaf bus on a new road trip :lol: and harass your mail person until he realizes just how important these packages are!! Pat, we'll swing around and get your mail person too :rolleyes::p

thanks, it's just that I"m having a crazy time at work and I'm really afraid that I won't have time to finish.....yeah I know I keep repeating myself. sorry about that too.

Pat, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your second kit as well, and for everyone else who still haven't received their kits yet

You vent whenever you need to, Amy. It has to be frustrating as all get out to wait for a package that "never" arrives. I've got everything that can cross, crossed - including my eyes! :rolleyes: Well, I've got them uncrossed right now, so I can type this. :p

If it makes you feel better, I know your pain (sort of) - I got mine and am working on it, however starting tomorrow we're on vacation and spending some time with family and going to Busch Gardens... somewhere in the back (or front) of my mind I'm going to be thinking "I could be working on my mini!!! Aaaiiiiieeeeee!" I wish I could pack it all up and take it with me!

not sure if I want to laugh or cry.j I received an email that said my kit is at the post office, and today was the one day that he couldn't make it to the post office. Sorry everyone, would love to laugh or cry about this, but Bones is one of my favorite shows and it's on right now. Later everyone.

amy can you watch it online?

with my new school schedule this semester (night classes on the days my favorites are on) i have to watch them all online now but thats not horrible because now i can fling all spring while at my desk. good thing its small enough!