4/5/06 How Do You View Your Pet?

"C" most definitely!!!! :blink:

My dogs are my babies and I love them to pieces. ;)

Brenda

I just looked at pictures of your furry friends. They are so lovable! I have a 12 year old border collie that is the love of my life! You will have to post more pictures as your puppy grows.

Brenda your babies are just gorgeous!

We had a black Lab that weighed in at 150 lbs! The vet told us she wasnt obese just slightly overweight. He joked and said she was probably mixed with a bear! LOL

• 1 month later...

C - Their our kids, 2 mini dachshunds, and a doxie mix all rescues..

Last year I dressed them up and took pictures with a little Photochopping and framed it for my western lovin inlaws. It was too cute,

post-837-1159901063_thumb.jpgpost-837-1159901093_thumb.jpg

Our dwarf bunny "Snuggles" is definitely a "C". Totally part of the family. He loves to Snuggle (hence the name) and gives Eskimo kisses (rubs noses). Our parakeet "Trixie" has only been with us for 3 months. She's so sweet and eager to please. She will probably end up being a "C". Our previous parakeet "Beethoven", who died this April at the age of 13, was most definitely a "C". She thought we were here to keep her company !

lyn (julygirl)

Thanks Robin, Susanne, and SuzyQ

I was just amazed they let us put hats and stuff on them. THey seem to like it tho, I can bring a hat out and they get all happy. hehe

This year I'm looking for pirate outfits so I can do some sort of Davie Jones theme. Then I can frame it small enough and put it in my dollhouse. :hide: Ok now i really need to find pirate costumes

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is old, but I just found it. All my pets are better than family. It's kind of hard not to call something your child when they yell 'mom! commeer!' and have a dog who sleeps with his arms around your neck at night. I'm sure you've all seen my list of animals. I'd be hard pressed to say when there are too many. As long as you have time and money for them, go for it. I feel they are a lifelong commitment. I don't understand why anyone would give up a pet unless it was for some crisis. Tracy, as much as you want a kitten, I applaud you for waiting since you may be forced to give it because of living conditions. I think that if you don't treat an animal with the same care and respect as a family member, you shouldn't have one. Go to the zoo and visit. They have souls too. When my daughter was young, a friend stayed the night. When her mother picked her up, she was shocked that we (at the time 2 cats, a guinea pig 4 birds and some fish) had SO many animals. Her kids had an anole that she made them get rid of because she wanted a poodle and that would be too many animals (?!) The little girl wasn't allowed to come back to our house. We were a bad influence.

My cat is definitely a member of the family. My husband (of 2 months) has worked hard to gain his approval, which Simba has given him. Adopting Simba was the best thing I ever did for myself. He has been through a lot with me and I can only see him as part of my family.

I'm convinced that I love my cats more than some of the "friends" I have. Sounds odd, perhaps, to the non-pet lovers...but in my case, definitely true. Where else do I get unconditional love ....especially when their food dishes are full... :whistle:

definitely C

My cat, fudge, is one of the family. It's just like having another teenager in the house, he treats the place like a hotel, stays out to all hours and when he is at home he's either eating or sleeping!!! But I still love him to bits and wouldn't change him for the world.

Heather

:wacko:

• 3 years later...

without a question it's C. There are times when I completely forget that they are animals. I will hold complete comversions with them, taking their expressions and the way they turn their heads this way or that way as answers to my questions. We only have 2 dogs left now. We just recently lost one on 11/23/09, but they are family members without question.

I'm with the "C" People! My 7 cats are the joys of my life. They are my babies, and they know it. I also agree with Wolfie when she said she would go without food so they could eat. I would do anything for mine, which is fitting since they give me unconditional love, friendship, and when I need it . . . comfort. I have never met a human who is as understanding and forgiving. While I always try to be the best "cat mommy" ever, there have been times (such as when I am going out the door to work) when they want me to stay and play & I just can't. Do they sulk? Nope. When I get home, they just meet me at the door with joy.

I totally agree with the previous post that stated that as long as a pet "owner" is responsible and takes proper care of all the pets, it is fine to adopt them. There just aren't enough people that are willing to help the many homeless, starving creatures in the world. I also put food out for the birds, raccoons, opossums, and a whopping big groundhog that has taken a liking to me (or more likely the plates of food I provide). It's very cold here right now, and I don't know how the poor little things even survive, much less find food.

I find myself feeling immediately alienated from people who express disapproval over number of pets. Bah! Who needs them? Once, I had a date come to pick me up who lived about an hour from my house who, when he arrived at my house and saw one of my cats, informed me he did NOT like cats. I informed him I do NOT like people who do not like cats, told him to have a safe drive back home, and firmly shut and locked my door. I do not waste my time on non-animal lovers! He was mad, but I had a nice cozy evening at home with my cats!