Getting a Treat for Myself

Liggysasha

So I have a toddler and I've been working VERY hard to potty train him. It's been a real battle (to be honest I don't think he was ready, but lots of pressure from my family in England as they think he is 'too old' to be in diapers), but we've finally cracked it!!!

When I started the training I said that if I managed to train him in 3 weeks (which I have) then I would get myself a miniature treat as a reward!!! Hey, he gets rewards for going on the potty, why shouldn't I get a reward too!!!

So now what do I get??? I can't decide between a subscription to American Miniaturist or the Space-Saver Reutters sink (Reutter Sink)

So help me decide!!!!!!!

get both!! you deserve it, the highlight of potty training my daughter was when she climbed up on the coffee table and left a puddle, closely followed by her taking a dump in the corner, fun times.

get both!! you deserve it, the highlight of potty training my daughter was when she climbed up on the coffee table and left a puddle, closely followed by her taking a dump in the corner, fun times.

That is so funny, Suzy!!!! Luckily we haven't had any problems like that (yet!), just him peeing about 6" in FRONT of the potty!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could get both, but it's just not in our budget! I'm thinking I'll get the sink, it's the cheaper option and it will be useful. Maybe I'll sign up to the iMag for AM another time.

I'm going to look around a bit more though - I just found this sink - Filled Sink - on Mainly Minis for just a $1 more! That is just too cute!!!!

I also like the sink......but the mag sub. is good too....desisions! I'm terrible at it....okay, it's not me....Sink the first one you posted!

My son also liked to go in the corner......lol. Is this your first child? I felt that was the hardest for me (the second was trying to be big like her brother).....I also had great pressure from my family that he was too old for diapers, I do SO know how that feels.............Good Job keeping them at bay and getting it done -and great job to your little one too! Therefore, you deserve both like others mentioned....but of course deserving and actuality are all together different.

S

While both are wonderful rewards, I would probably get the magazine because I would be enjoying something new with every issue.......

Elicia

cold and sunny in South Carolina

I also like the sink......but the mag sub. is good too....desisions! I'm terrible at it....okay, it's not me....Sink the first one you posted!

My son also liked to go in the corner......lol. Is this your first child? I felt that was the hardest for me (the second was trying to be big like her brother).....I also had great pressure from my family that he was too old for diapers, I do SO know how that feels.............Good Job keeping them at bay and getting it done -and great job to your little one too! Therefore, you deserve both like others mentioned....but of course deserving and actuality are all together different.

S

Yep, it's my oldest child that I'm potty training!!! My daughter is 18 months, so I've got a little while to go with her. But she is already showing interest!!! For a while I thought I would get her trained before her older brother!!!! She will definitely be easier!

Get the sink and make a note of what it was for-it will be a keepsake, and something to show his children one day! Important events deserve important momentos!

the sink will actually go in my McKinley which I'm making for my daughter (when she's 18 she might be allowed to touch it!!!), and I plan to make a scrapbook about the building of the house, so I'll definitely have to include a bit about 'where' the sink came from!!!

If it was me I'd either get the sink or another house kit.

Another house kit? I wish!!!!!!

I like the first sink. The filled sink is great but I think the dishes are non removable. I would want to be able to take the dishes out of the sink and put them away for when the mini company come over. But I would definately go for the sink instead of the subscription. And you do deserve a prize. Potty training is hard work for everyone.

I am potty training my daughter right now. She is three and is getting the hang of it. Finally. I will always remember my son when he was potty training. Someone was in the bathroom at the time and he really had to go. He pulled the dogs water dish out from the kitchen, centered himself over it and peed in the dogs water dish. Everyone laughed and you could not fault him for doing it because the bathroom was full and he didn't have an accident.

Sure you don't need a bathroom set? :rolleyes:

Hee... that's a good idea!!!

I am potty training my daughter right now. She is three and is getting the hang of it. Finally. I will always remember my son when he was potty training. Someone was in the bathroom at the time and he really had to go. He pulled the dogs water dish out from the kitchen, centered himself over it and peed in the dogs water dish. Everyone laughed and you could not fault him for doing it because the bathroom was full and he didn't have an accident.

That is sooo funny!!!! I'm sure the dog wasn't too impressed though! I've got a friend that had a similar situation, but rather than the dog's dish, her daughter pooped in.... (wait for it).... her crock pot!!!! She kept it on the floor of her pantry and that was the only thing her daughter could reach!!! Needless to say, I've not had any crock pot meals at her house since!!!! Potty training is hard! Are you going to treat yourself for training for daughter?