My cat is being put down on Monday

Margaret

I will be thinking of you on Monday. It is never easy to loose a furbaby. You are giving the ultimate in love to remove her from her suffering. Think of all the good times you have shared with her. She will be just beyond the Rainbow Bridge having fun with alll the other pets, waiting until you come across teh bridge to meet her. Rita

Me too, I'm so sorry to hear this, Margaret. It's really hard to let them go, even if its the right thing to do. I'll light a candle for her Monday.

And don't let the vet rush your goodbyes, if necessary have someone go with you who sees to that. My vet didn't give me enough time when my beloved Saartje died, because he had a full waiting room.

Will be thinking of you Margaret, it is THE toughest decision to have to deal with when one's loved furbaby is at that point, but also the most love-filled thing to do as well!

HUGS

I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you tomorrow also.

Andrew, it might be like in our area. Vets do not open on the weekends and you have to very high prices for a mobile emergency vet. We had them come out for our dog Pokie once and they charged us triple what the regular vet charges. Many people in my area think it is awful but there is really nothing we can do. Pay it or wait until Monday.

Dear Margaret.....I'm sorry that this has to be done, but she is suffering so. You are doing the right thing. You will be in my thoughts all day tomorrow and into the night.

Hugs,

Someone told me that as hard as it is for us to deal with the waiting and the decision making when it is time to end the suffering of a beloved pet, the pet doesn't know. What they have at the last is what they had at the beginning, their human's loving arms wrapped around them. And then peace.

My Beautiful Melody wouldn't let me see where she was hurting, until the vet showed me, and because she was bleeding pretty freely she wouldn't put her head in my lap when she went to sleep; she lay up against me and relaxed as I petted her, and then as the vet pushed the anesthetic she continued to relax as she went to sleep that last time. Our fur babies love & trust us to make the right choices for them at the right times.

I wish a calm and peaceful end for Angel and for all of our furbabies. We see changes in Princess too now that she is 10. It will be heartbreaking to lose her, she's been our precious baby since 1999. She was born in November of 98.....and we brought her home to live with us in January of 99. And have never regretted a day, not even the day when she chewed the arm off my beautiful oriental chair....or chewed Doug's hairbrush to a nub - he still uses it. He calls it Princess's teething brush.....

Dogster, there isn't always a choice about timing. It isn't a reflection of how we feel or care about our fur children. It's ALWAYS hard to say goodbye and release them from their pain, but it isn't always an immediate call to our family vet to have it done. Ms Zero was a quick diagnosis, but her operation to see the cause (tumor in the lymph nodes) was a day when several serious operations were taking place, and we understood she wasn't the only individual in line. Her situation had no good options in the end...the tumor had taken over beyond operation.