4/8/06 Spring Cleaning

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you started your "Spring Cleaning" yet?

• I am done
    • I have Not started
    • Is it Spring Already
    • I have started
    • I don't clean the other season's so why Spring

I had to vote "I don't clean the other seasons, so why Spring?" just because it made me laugh :D - sometimes that's how it feels especially when I'm digging through the closet and run across something I completely forgot I even owned. Wow.. I wondered what I did that that. LOL Acutally I've begun it.. and I'm still hip deep in it! I got my closet done and have moved on to the kitchen counters and it's amazing what kitchen gadgets I'm finding.. that I have no clue why I have them... a blender.. minus beaters.. an old coffee maker <?>... that doesn't even look familliar - aha the ice cream maker Must keep that! :lol: Yep now I'm going through dishes, glasses, cups - and curtains. Even I did not know that I was this much of a pack rat. :lol:

-David

I have cleaned the basement and stuck the things that will be hauled away out on back patio.

Ripped all the plastic off of the windows. And started to pull things away and dusting underneath.( beds, couches, etc)

I really NEED to clean under the fridge and stove. I do that once a year cause it is just gross if you dont.

I already did my paper shredding too. At least that is over with!

Oh, I'm all done. I cleaned from top to bottom and everything in between. I hauled every movable piece out of every room, hand polished the hardwood floors, washed the windows, dusted all the window sills, made sure there was not a trace of cobweb or dustbunny to be found and then cleaned each and every piece of furniture and knicknack before I put it back in the room. Did that with every single room. Kitchen and bathrooms too.

Now that the mini houses are done, I probably outta think about spring cleaning the real house huh.

Deb

Constantly spring cleaning around here. I did the Flylady thing for a while after we moved the last time. We had a semi full of stuff. A lot of it was just clutter: clothes that didn't fit or too many, too many toys, I had three sets of pots & pans, all kinds of sci-fi novels. In general more stuff than I could keep up with. I needed help with just learning how to let go of stuff. I was a pack rat. My house is divided into zones and each week that zone gets a through cleaning. I no longer get the flylady emails, but the routines have stuck.

Oh, I'm all done. I cleaned from top to bottom and everything in between. I hauled every movable piece out of every room, hand polished the hardwood floors, washed the windows, dusted all the window sills, made sure there was not a trace of cobweb or dustbunny to be found and then cleaned each and every piece of furniture and knicknack before I put it back in the room. Did that with every single room. Kitchen and bathrooms too.

Now that the mini houses are done, I probably outta think about spring cleaning the real house huh.

Deb

heeheehee--you had me going there for a minute. My first thought was "Does this lady ever sleep" cause I know you have been busy working on your houses. My second thought was "I want some of those same pills she must be taking". LOL

Shoot right now I'm just proud I've got my kitchen clean enough that I wouldnt be embarrassed to have someone share a meal with me in their. :D :lol:

Deb

Ha! I was starting to feel envious and jealous there! You are a hoot!

so....about this spring cleaning...does it matter that i've "thought" about doing it? I have a three day weekend next weekend so i hope to get alot done. I may start some of it tomorrow. I am just so exhausted and tired today. :D

Deb

LOL :D I should have suspected something wrong when I read you hand polished the floors but you had me going all the way to the end heheheh

:lol: David

Constantly spring cleaning around here. I did the Flylady thing for a while after we moved the last time. ... My house is divided into zones and each week that zone gets a through cleaning. I no longer get the flylady emails, but the routines have stuck.

What is the Flylady thing?... sounds like something that might be pretty useful for me.

-David

Well, could you imagine my surprise. I went downstairs to take a nap on the couch and found myself opening the closet door and taking out the feather duster. :lol: I attacked the plants shelves, my water free plants, (fake :lol: ), on top of the cabinets, the top of the fridge, the light fixture in the kitchen and even dusted off the treadmill and desk and stuff in the office! I then broke out the vacuum and sucked up alllllllll of the tons of dustbunnies. (its embarrasing how HUGE they were :D ). Good start for spring cleaning! Next weekend i'll do a deep clean of the upper and mid floors of the house. The family room can wait for another weekend! I still have to get down into the basement and unpack boxes from when we moved back here a year ago. i want to get the closets and stuff cleaned out first before i bring more stuff upstairs to pile into them. I think this will be a good opportunity to find stuff for good will. I need to find the decorations and actually decorate the house! One whole year and hardly anything on the walls! :o I've had other interests but i really need to do this and make it feel more homey! It feels good to get a start on spring cleaning. Theres soooo much to do yet :lol: :( . It will be nice to get it done tho. .....oh gosh just thought of the garage, and then there's the yard, then detailing and washing my truck....and.... :lol:

I don't do spring cleaning. I don't think I've ever done spring cleaning :D

I'm weird I guess :lol: I do a major winter cleaning instead!

Christmas is a very big deal here in my house - I'm like a little kid when it's comes to Christmas - and everything has got to be absolutely perfect for it - including the house. So from about mid-November I start cleaning absolutely everything whether it needs it or not - windows, under appliances, closets, carpets, ceilings - you name it - it gets cleaned! Everything is spotless by the time we pull out the holiday decor.

The rest of the year - major cleaning like that only gets done when I get motivated to do it - which isn't all that often!

Lisa

Shoot right now I'm just proud I've got my kitchen clean enough that I wouldnt be embarrassed to have someone share a meal with me in their. :D :lol:

So, what time should we all be there? Do you have enough chairs?

I should have suspected something wrong when I read you hand polished the floors

Hey, I used to do my hardwood floors by hand! Of course, that was back when I could still get back up off the floors once I got down there.

I then broke out the vacuum and sucked up alllllllll of the tons of dustbunnies. (its embarrasing how HUGE they were

Leave 'em where they're at and just put a sign on the door: "This house guarded by killer dustbunnies". :D

and even dusted off the treadmill

Ya know, I fully appreciate the irony in that statement. <cackle> I have to dust my stationary bike too.

I actually did so my spring cleaning over the past two weekends and except for the studio, it's all done. I'll do the studio when I finish the Coventry.

Deb

David,

flylady.net is the website. Although if you sign up she sends lots of emails. I unsubscribed because of the emails. But she teaches a good routine by taking baby steps. There is also a book Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley (the Flylady)

I tried flylady a long time ago. They did send alot of emails... Like " why are you on the computer? You should be cleaning the bathroom!''

The shiny sink thing was a hoot. Take everything out of the sink. Then thoroughly clean the sink and then make it shine so that you can practically see your reflection. Then you can bask in a job well done.

She forgot to mention the fact that I can see the reflection of the dirty meatloaf pan too.

I couldnt keep up with the schedule. Maybe it has changed.

I started my spring cleaning... I got the girls room all cleaned up and everything back in its place PLUS I pulled 3 bags of toys,stuffed animals out of there to go to the Salvation army and 2 bags of garbage. I cleaned there room last week and it is still clean :lol: I even found my kitchen counters :lol: which was a HUGE job. I still have my room to clean and my sons living room and kitchen floors to be washed.. Bradley(11) asked when I was gonna remove the houses from his room :lol: I told him I would this week :lol: .I still have to get the living room done and floors washed. I also cleaned the bathroom but of course that is always done once a week. I have closets to tackel but that will have to wait another day seeing I only have 2 in this place. I also have to get the yard work done and get the van cleaned out and washed, I still have a long way to go but its getting there little by little. I also am house training the puppy :D

I had to vote "I don't clean the other seasons, so why Spring?" -David

That's what I did too David! I HATE cleaning, except when I'm mad.

Actually, each Spring and each Fall I move the clothes around and try to throw away stuff. On occasion I'll get "in the mood" and start washing everything down, including blinds, ceiling fans, all that kind of stuff.

Deb

ROLFLMREO!!! You had me going there Deb! I was thinking about how industrious you are, until that last line! Actually, I need to do that too, and you may have given me the incentive!

I've got plenty of chairs that I can bring along if she doesn't!

That's what I did too David! I HATE cleaning, except when I'm mad.

LOL - Oh no! That's when I Really go the opposite way - I don't clean when I"m mad..I mess things up when I'm mad - It's My house and My shirt and if *I* feel like leaving it on the floor then *I* will! Hmph!"... the only problem is... I'm also the one who has to pick the shirt up again :lol: somehow these tantrum things don't work when you're single :D :lol:

I may give flylady a try.. sounds like it can be a bit annoying.. but hey if it's free I'll try anything :o - Almost. Of course I do remember when my mom got me a key holder.. darn thing was defective -I never once found my keys there! :lol: Then she told me in order for it to work you actually have to Use it - oh yea now she tells me! heheheh :lol:

-David

You all are welcome anytime, don't even have to call ahead, if we don't have enough food, we have a famous BarBQue place just a couple of miles up the road . (But you have to promise not to make fun of the messy rest of the house) :lol: :lol:

I've got plenty of chairs that I can bring along if she doesn't!

As long as the numbers aren't over about 25, I should have enough and if you don't mind that they don't match. :D

Nah!

I'm more like Linda. Once or twice a year DH & I will get so bored we break out the dustmop, broom & vacuum and bucket,but we haven't had any rain to speak of, much less the seven straight days it takes to get us THAT bored!

Now that the mini houses are done, I probably outta think about spring cleaning the real house huh

I HATE cleaning, except when I'm mad.

Actually, each Spring and each Fall I move the clothes around and try to throw away stuff. On occasion I'll get "in the mood" and start washing everything down, including blinds, ceiling fans, all that kind of stuff.

Spring cleaning? Why bother, the minute you take the car out in the rain the springs will be dirty again. And quite frankly I don't have a collection of springs to clean in the first place, can't understand why so many people do.

Spring cleaning? Why bother, the minute you take the car out in the rain the springs will be dirty again. And quite frankly I don't have a collection of springs to clean in the first place, can't understand why so many people do.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh Doogster!

Deb

:angry: Brilliant! hehehe

I did a big Autumn (Fall) clean not long ago :lol: it felt great! Then of course - Hubby, Kid and Dog took care of that joy at living in a sparkling clean home within a day :lol: Ah well, I can't really complain as I have taken over the Dining Room with a steadily progressing (and mightily messy) Arthur under construction :D