Extra Hour In A Day 3/10/09

Daylight Savings Time means I wake up an hour earlier when we have to get up eith the clock for an event such as a hike or paddle; so it means I hit the bed and crash into sleep an hour earlier!

I think it would be spent mini-ing!!! As the time I have at hand is allready spent with DH, chatting over the phone with both sets of parents, so any extra and more time would be going into the craft room!!!

Hugs

Just to be alone for one hour a day with mno distractions would be heaven. :p

I agree with Greg. Its not the number of hours I have in a day, its finding that hour or so that I can have the time all to myself to do what I want with no distractions. Working for a prominent politician and having parents in their 80's, my life is very full and enjoyable. I love my job and I love my parents. I truly feel blessed to have the job I do and the wonderful set of fairly healthy parents. But, those "me" times where I'm not spending my precious free moments shopping or cooking for my parents, or running an errand or following up on a meeting for my boss are rare. They're in there, but those intrusive thoughts frequently interrupt my day. Should I phone and see how mum's eye is today or should I drive over and take a look myself. Should I send a response to some e-mails my boss has received over the weekend, or can they wait until Monday. I only put in about 20 hours a week in my job, and half of that time I work out of home, but its a job that really doesn't have a beginning and an end.

I guess that's why computer forums work best for me right now. I can join in when I can, but not feel that I'm not putting enough time into a relationship.

But when I do have a complete hour all to myself (no interruptions) my choice of how to spend that time is with my nose in a good book.

-Susanne

• 4 weeks later...

If I had an extra hour I would expend it talking and being more involved with my family issues, as we are also running from one place to another, you don't expend time listening others problems.

Meli

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...