Pets:

Lynette Smith

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have three dogs, two boxers and my daughter's golden retriever. Not a cat person per say, but have had cats in the past. Our last cat, an orange named Pumpkin thought he was a dog and loved Doritos. Our other daughter has four cats and they are all characters.

I've had cats and dogs - 3 dogs, Todd, Copper, (beagle/basset mixes), & Jessi (lab/pitbull mix), and 2 cats, Connie (calico) and Little Bit (?).

Hubby and I are wanting a dog but we can't decide which breed, although I prefer mutts since they tend to have less health problems.

I would love, at some point, to own a bloodhound or basset named Dopey, and my hubby wants a little terrier, to be named Wolfenstein (and we can only talk to it in bad German accents)...I'd also love 2 little black-and-tan dachsunds at some point, and a Holland Lop.

Let's see we have 3 blue heeler, bird dog, german shepherd mix dogs. Coco, Spec, and Target. They are 1 1/2 years old and the daughters of the Mom we just lost last week. Then we have my baby, Maggie, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, she is a year old. Now for the 8 cats. My daugther who lives with us has 4. Bones, a big black casa nova, Lucky, the gray tabby that won the pet picture this month, Twinkle Toes, another gray tabby, very delicate female, very easy going. June Bug, the youngest female, and the one with the biggest personality, she is also tabby but a fluffy one. These 4 are only allowed in my daughter's room.

My 4 cats are Tigger a yellow tabby, the ruler of the outside, Sunny a long hair yellow tabby, he's the lover boy, Ebony, a black with white feet female that nobody likes cause she doesn't like anybody. yowls at everyone that gets within 5 feet of her. Last, but definitly not least is Gandalf. He is the King, The biggest of all, white and gray tabby. He is 4 and a perpetual kitten, loves to play, but watch out he will attack you in a second. He is also the only inside cat, the rest are outside only.

All our cats are strays that showed up on our door step. We joke that our house is the salvation army for cats.

That is all except the one fish in the fish tank, a pleco algae eater.

Julie

Wow Sabrina! That many people and pets in that small an area? And I think I'm cramped in my 1100 square feet with my my house! How many dollhouses do you have?

Ha ha, just one, and that is a gift for my sil so it will be gone soon......You should see what the house looked like while working on it, I will take a pic of it next time, you'll probably shudder from the mess. Not to mention i'd leave stuff out, the cats would play with the minis and knock them down, then the dogs would get ahold of them and chew them up.....I think I made some items three or four times (yes the same items) because of that! I swear they are in cahoots!

My husband only wanted two children (well, one, but I talked him out of that ;)), I wanted a house full.....so I've filled it with pets I guess, lol!

Let's see we have 3 blue heeler, bird dog, german shepherd mix dogs. Coco, Spec, and Target. They are 1 1/2 years old and the daughters of the Mom we just lost last week. Then we have my baby, Maggie, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, she is a year old. Now for the 8 cats. My daugther who lives with us has 4. Bones, a big black casa nova, Lucky, the gray tabby that won the pet picture this month, Twinkle Toes, another gray tabby, very delicate female, very easy going. June Bug, the youngest female, and the one with the biggest personality, she is also tabby but a fluffy one. These 4 are only allowed in my daughter's room.

My 4 cats are Tigger a yellow tabby, the ruler of the outside, Sunny a long hair yellow tabby, he's the lover boy, Ebony, a black with white feet female that nobody likes cause she doesn't like anybody. yowls at everyone that gets within 5 feet of her. Last, but definitly not least is Gandalf. He is the King, The biggest of all, white and gray tabby. He is 4 and a perpetual kitten, loves to play, but watch out he will attack you in a second. He is also the only inside cat, the rest are outside only.

All our cats are strays that showed up on our door step. We joke that our house is the salvation army for cats.

That is all except the one fish in the fish tank, a pleco algae eater.

Julie

Whoa, you got me there! Do you have a large house?

S

And I thought I had a lot with "just" four cats! :) I've always had cats. My husband was a dog person until we married....and got our first cat. Now he can't imagine having a dog! Other than my cat furkids, the only other pet we have ever had was a squirrel, rescued as an infant from my first cat. I bottle-fed him to adult-hood, and he lived with us for 6 years, before expiring one day, probably from clogged arteries, too many peanuts. ;)

2 German Shepherds (Sugar & Mel)

1 Chihuahua (Chico)

1 Miniature Dachsund (Frankie)

1 cat (Valentine)

2 snakes (my husband's)

I would have a million more if we had the room. I'm buried under fur as it is with 2 Shepherds in the process of losing their winter undercoat!

We are both dog people, we acquired my DM's nasty toy poodle when she died; nobody wanted him. He was just learning how to be a dog before a neighbor's big mongrel jumped the fence into our back yard and killed him (tough little bugger lived until the next day!). After that we had the beagle our other neighbors gave the kids "to replace" the poodle; Riley was the smartest dog alive, not only knew what you were saying but joined in the conversations. He died of old age when The Beautiful Melody was 3; she was half beagle & half tennessee walker hound and dumber than a rock, but made up for it in lovies. She had to be let go to the Rainbow Bridge at 15 1/2 because the cancer was about to spread to her lungs, and she had just begun to waste away. So no more, unless DS#1 & his family don't start remembering Hairy Bailey is their furbaby! DS#2 has a 3 1/3 pound chihuahua that thinks she's a 200 pound great dane. DS#3 is the cat man, he has his old orange tabby, Mango; Gizmo the stump-tail orange tabby and Midnight, who is solid black, are the kittens who were too terrified to come out for pets whilst the Jerk was living there, and prompted very expesive eviction proceedings to get him out! I live in a 900+ sq ft house (not counting the shop underneath the back porch or the attached greenhouse you wald through to get from the house to the shop) and have five built kits so far.

DS#2 has a 3 1/3 pound chihuahua that thinks she's a 200 pound great dane.

That's so funny. ;) Mine picks fights with our 100 pound shepherd so much that we had to take him to the emergency vet because the shepherd finally got fed up and bit a hole in his chest. He still annoys the shepherd to this day.

Well I like all animals but for pets I really am a dog person. rRght now Breezie the 7 year old Brussel's Griffon is our dog. In the past I have had terriors, Border collie and poodle cross all adopted from the humane society. I tell each dog we adopt

"You are my favorite" and cry for days after I loose them. We have 2 cats right now Ozzie the Orange Tabby who is about 5. He is very skittish. When we first adopted him he didn't come out of my craft room for 2 months. Then he crept down the stairs and would sit on top of the cat tower, but if either one of us or the dog moved a muscle he was back up the stairs hiding under the dresser. Now he goes outside and has shouting matches with the neighbor's cat who is just a big a wimp as Oz is. They get nose to nose and hiss and growl for about a half hour and then each stomps off in their own direction. Belle is the Calico who I agreed to care for as a foster cat for my neice until she could find a permanent home her. Well after 9 months I think I am now her permanent owner. She is a sweet cat but I have never seen such a determined animal. When she goes to do a no no..clawing on the couch for example. I get the water bottle out and she just hunkers down, closes her eyes and lets me squirt her until she is drenched. As soon as I put the bottle down she starts doing what she was doing before the reprimend. when we farmed I made pets out of everything. chickens, geese, rabbits. I tell people that my pets have been better friends to me at times in life than my real life family and friends. I couldn't live without them.

Mr. Chingy is a 19 yr old (?) siamese cat (lilac point)

Mr. Baby is a 11 yr old black domestic cat.

Mr. MonsterFace is a 2 yr old siamese mix cat.

Miss Perla is a 3 yr old Chihuahua

and I have 6 fresh water fish.

I don't have that many any more.

4 dogs

1 cat (and another coming)

10 guinea pigs

8 parrots

20 cockatiels

50 parakeets

dozen canaries and finches

7 water turtles

3 box turtles

2 50 pound tortoises

3 stingrays

80 huge koi

6 ponds

4 really big aquariums with several hundred tropical fish

13 dwarf hamsters

some goldfish

OH! And a partridge in a pear tree (actually it's a quail)

DH and I used to always have cats. DS #1 also had a hamster once, and we've had fish. Never had enough of a yard for a dog and I'm not a fan of walking. Then, DH's allergies got too bad for most pets. Now we only have a blue budgie named Sammy who, after have it for a year, we can finally tell that it is a 'she'.

We live in a ~2200 sq ft house (4 bedrooms), so I'm starting to claim more and more space for dh's as I get them!

Whoa, you got me there! Do you have a large house?

S

Yes, Bree, I do have a big house and lots of area around it. Most of our animals prefer to stay outdoors as much as possible. I don't even have to have a litter box for the cats. Only 1 dog is an indoor dog, the rest are our watchdog family who have their own little house.

Julie

Right now we only have:

Peanut "Buster" Parfet - German Shepherd mix

Izzy - Yellow Phase Bearded Dragon

Begger - A Black cat that has adopted us for the past month who will not leave our porch while I am home.

Thats all for right now. DD#2 wants a bearded dragon and a ball python for herself, DD#3 wants another cat, DD#4 wants everything under the sun and DS#1 wants the orange tabby that comes around atleast 3 times aweek.

Cool topic! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with more than a houseful!

We have 3 cats - a 14 yr old black cat named Kiki, and 2 grey tabbies, sisters who are 2.5 yrs old, named Gracie and Hope (we still call them "the kittens"). And 3 dogs - Sushi is a Japanese Spitz and is at least 10, Lola is a 5.5 yr old Dorkie (Dacshund/Yorkie mix), and Blossom is a 10 yr old blonde Pomeranian. All were rescues, are indoors and spoiled rotten, but I love them all dearly!

Oh, and our house is 1900 square feet, and I have way too many dollhouses, too.

Never heard of too much of a good thing! Not me!

Definitely a dog person here. We currently have three: Pookie our 10+ year old pekingese; Cooter our 7+ year old mixed breed (supposedly min pin & jack russel terrier, but he must have a larger breed mixed in there too); and Daisy - our problem child! lol! She's a 1 year old pug that keeps us on our toes constantly!

I have buddy a Russian wolfhound(borzoi) crossed collie a hamster a 5 gallon 3 female betas 2 water frogs and a ottociclious my self and a pond with some fish in there.

Let see I never thought of it.

We have a Boxer-Rain - rescued from a puppy mill- at the age of year and half

A Boader Collie/Aussie cross who is 11 and Was a blond in her former life

5 cats

Boomer who thinks every one should hold him-8

Spirit- Who is white -one blue eye and one green eye-8

Hera who is a Abby and a b****----7

Tails a liliac point siamese 5

and Furry Soft Ball. Who is a 2 year old kitten that loves my son.

5 horses---

Dark Wind -(-Velvets daughter) Black and white paint

Little Bit the quarter Horse who threw me last spring

A 29 inch mini we call Sid and goes to visit Assisted Living Homes

and Hoaky 32 inches who we drive

Plus 3 goldfish and I Guneia Pig

and i forgot the horse we have that will replace Velvet to ride.........He is a palmino

paint.

I currently have one ten year old chihuahua. She was a breeder dog in a puppy mill. Fortunately, she was rescued before the puppy mill creeps

could drown her since she had become too old to be a breeder dog any longer.

When I first got her she was afraid of everything but she has gotten much more socialized in the 8 months that I've had her.

I probably will adopt 1 or 2 more small dog rescues soon.

Oh, and I have twelve cats ranging from 4 to 18+ years. They all get along,are fixed and use their litter pans.

I just love all kinds of animals.