Pets:

Lynette Smith

i have two german shepherds one is a femal black and tan she is called memphis and won first place in her very first show when she was 5 months old and held the title for one yr she was prettiest (female dog) in irvine. she even caught a bird not long after that and brought it in to us so proud of herself. i was horrified my dog had done that but she had only stunned it and no other damange.

the other one ia a male and is all white is is very placid and loves attention he wont play with with toys instead he lets memphis chase the toy and he will stay and get attention. sly thing.

they had pups in november and they have all gone to their new homes and r doing well i miss them so much little balls of fluff so cute and playfull.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 here.

12 year old labrador

9 year old pitt bull labrador mix

5 year old english pointer

8 year old tom cat

7 year old princess (gray and white spoiled thing)

6 month old terrorizing kitten who has been renamed Lucifer!!

All rescues and very spoiled. They keep me on my toes!

I have 2 cats. Maxxim and Xander they are Bengal cats. They were featured in the Gazette this winter sitting in front of the fire place. My daughter has a little Yorkie that I spend most of the time with since she is working and with her social life is too busy for a dog.

I have a 15+ year old Mainecoon cat, Stosh, a rescue, and Sadie, a 6 year old golden mix, also a rescue. A year ago Jan. we lost our beloved min pin, Cookie. She was 15. I would love to have another cat, but Stosh won't allow it, and he rules the roost around here. I would also love to have another dog for Sadie to play with, as Stosh gets miffed at her for being so playful. If we do, it will be from a high kill shelter. They deserve a loving home.

we have 3 pains in the (bleep)..lol

from smalles to largest

a mini long-haired chihuahua (pure bred with papers) about 6 pounds

an Italian greyhound/mini chihuahua mix about 6/7 pounds

one mini poodle/bichon about 15 pounds

they drive us nuts but we wouldn't trade them for anything. :yes:

1 very sweet, cute English Springer Spaniel named Callie, age 1 year, 3 months. However we just found out she has muliple problems with her hips and back legs. We are heartbroken. Contemplatiing her having surgery so her life can be longer and painfree

I have 2 siamese cats, litter brothers from a rescue centre. They are 7 yrs old and just like puppies. They follow me around everywhere shouting at me. Their names are Chiang and Mai (better than Bang and c*** I thought). Have had cats for several years but had Irish Water Spaniels at one time too.

I don't know how some of you manage with all those pets, my guys hid half of my Garfield window trims one night - just for a laugh they said.

Jo

I have an almost 2 year only maine coon cat named Gojira (Goji for short) that is still growing! He's only 14-15 pounds, skinny as a rail, but over 2 feet long from armpits to hips! We got him from the humane socidety, and we love our kitty way too much, he's definitely our baby!

When I was growing up (read age 8-21) I had a bassett hound named Bardot. I still miss her. But now my parents have an 80 pound, pure white, golden doodle named Cheeto! She loooooves to play with Goji when we come home to visit, I don't think Goji feels quite the same though.

We have 4 pugs now.

Cleopatra - 10 tomorrow, inherited from DD a few years ago after she took exception to the baby crawling around and messing with her. GDH and I got to make an emergency 1200 mile round trip to meet with DD b/c she called in tears stating her hubby was going to kill Cleo or take her to the pound. She had snapped at baby for yanking on her, just left a little red mark, but he went totally ballistic. I had told DD that was going to happen and she needed to put a stop to the baby yanking on the dog somehow, but she didn't believe me. Mind you Cleo had been treated like a child before DD got married, then got downgraded to just a dog because that's the way son-in-law feels about animals and DD went along with it - sigh.

Pandora - 9. DH got her for me as a surprise when DD and Cleo left home because I was so sad. She was a little box of trouble when he was bringing her home, play-attacking him all the way, so that's how she got her name.

Circe - 9. Got her because Pandora needed company, she was following me around like a baby duck and driving me crazy, couldn't even go to bathroom by myself. Circe got her name because she is a flirt and really likes men.

Sampson, 8 - We were buying food at Petsmart and had seen a guy carrying a little black pug around in the store and said something about how cute he was. While we are loading bag of food into car in parking lot, guy comes up to us and asks if we want him, said he couldn't keep him anymore. Of course we took him, immediately had him checked out by vet. He had some behavioral problems the guy didn't tell us about of course, which I am sure is why he was told to get rid of him, was crying when he gave Sampson to us and we kept asking if he was sure about this. It took a lot of work and patience to correct them cause he was already around a year old, but most of them are worked out now though he still gets mad and retaliates when mommy leaves him because he's definitely my little boy and doesn't want me out of his sight.

My avatar right to left is Cleo, Circe, Pandora, Sampson. The futon used to be in my office and they'd sleep on it while I worked. Couldn't believe they had arranged themselves like that one day so I snapped the pic. They didn't even move.

DH has a bunch of snakes, Emerald Tree boas. I don't know how many he has, a couple have passed away and he sold a couple. I try to avoid going in the snake room. Not because I'm afraid of them, had to get over that a long time ago, but because I just don't like them very much.

We also have an inguana that lives mostly in the gutter off the back end of the house that has adopted us. She suns herself on the roof and we put a food bowl in the tree that she uses to traverse roof to ground. She's pretty cool, was obviously somebody's pet that they let go. She'll let us pick her up. In fact, first time we saw her she was trying to get inside the house thru the sliding glass door. We bring her in when it gets really cold or when a hurricane is threatening and we can find her and she stays in the bathtub in the spare bathroom. I'm such a softy, last winter we had some cold rainy days and I saw her out on the back part of the house roof from our 2nd story bedroom window. It was so cold she had gone into hibernation and had apparently been out there all night since it was early and sun wasn't even fully up. I climbed out onto the wet roof with bare feet from our bedroom window and picked her up and brought her back inside where we put her in the tub and rigged up a heat lamp so she could get warm and toasty.

We've always had dogs, at one point had 5 dogs in house, with 1 of them being 100+ pounds. At one point during that time, also had a total of 9 cats of varying ages. They've all gone over the rainbow bridge since and we've decided no more cats (really no more kitty litter boxes and since one comes with the other where we live.... no more cats).

DH has always been a softy, bringing home strays that come up to him. That's how we ended up with 9 cats, he had found a stray kitten (actually the kitten found him) and brought it home to be company with the kitten we had just gotten as she was driving the 2 older cats crazy wanting to play. We hadn't had the kittens fixed yet cause there was no way they were old enough - or so we thought - and then we had 9. Nobody we knew wanted a kitten so we became a big happy family.

We've also had various hamsters and DD wanted a prairie dog and/or a hedgehog at one point, but I'd pretty much had enough of the zoo and said no. Although I did give into the poison dart frogs, which actually turned out to be more of a pain to keep and feed than the exotic mammals would have been since you have to breed fruit flies to feed them. As always, reliable old mom ended up taking care of them of course.

Karen

Edited by KarenC

We are owned by one Boston Terrier named George who is 5. He rules the house and is spoiled worse than our grandkids. DH has tried very hard to get the GKs to call him Uncle George because he is their Mama's brother. LOL

Over the years we've owned lots of dogs & cats even had a pet goat once. But now it is just us and George.

3 dogs and a husband lol jk

2 shiz su's Gizmo and Mona Lisa(she was taken in)

and Petey the big old mutt he is the one I put in my advatar from time to time

we also have an outside cat named tigger but he doesnt like people anymore lol

It's good to be surrounded with so many animal people!!

Currently my furbabies include an elderly (and ill :p ) mixed breed spaniel, Sarah, and two Chinese Cresteds, Trixie and Trevor - my not-so-furry furbabies :)

This breed is not very well known (well, except for that Ugly Dog Contest :yes: ), but they are a fabulous pet breed. They do require a fair good bit of time and maintenance........but their personalities make them so worth it! These two are without a doubt the most loving, funniest, sweetest, quirkiest, most bonded-to-us pups I've ever had! The DH was not so sure about getting a small hairless dog at first, but was besotted from the moment he laid eyes on Trixie. Now, he's completely wrapped around those little paws and he instigated getting the second.

I thought he looked like a "Bob" when I saw the picture! :yes: Too funny, how did you come up with those names??

When I worked in the local hospital when I got Arlene and it seemed like every floor had a nurse named Arlene. My first scorpion liked to stick me with her stinger all the time (she never used her venom, they were more like warning shots) so I figured it would fit since all the other Arlenes I knew gave shots. I got Bob later, and he was more mellow. It sounded like a name for someone who didn't have a care in the world.

If I had a video camera back when they were still alive I would have unleased one of them on my B&B and taped it. It would have looked like a 10 foot scorpion had invaded a house.

We have several pets. 3 dogs - Otter our 10 year old Australian Cattle Dog Mix- then Daisy our 1 year old Wire Fox Terrier and the most recent addition Lily our 4 month old Pomeranian. Then we have our cat, Chakotay. Saphira our Nanday Conure and Sprite our Greencheek Conure (those are small parrots) and last but easiest to take care of Stanley the ball python. And with now fish, small animals, amphibians or insects this is the least amount of pets we have ever owned at once.

We live right next to my parents and often help care for their two dogs (a Brittany and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi), cat and lovebird.