Pets:

Lynette Smith

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently we have 1 indoor dog Toby he's atleast 6 years old. Not sure of the breed about 40 lbs. He wondered up to me a few years ago and had been abused.

2 female kittens that will be 1 year old next month. One long haired white with gray markings Chloe. One short haired gray and white tabby named Sam.

1 ball python named Azimith 4 years old.

1 small rat that I bought more than a month ago to feed the snake but he won't eat it.

At the present time we have three female border collies. They are now 2 years old. Two are sisters, Bridget and Mystic and the third dog is named Ginger. They are all tri-colored and very different. My son got them after our border collie Britney passed away 2 years ago. With three of these dogs the house is very full. :nana:

The variety of animals and reptiles and such is amazing to me! There are some I'd rather not have in my house though! LOL!!

We currently have three dogs: a sheltie named Shelby, a papillon named Chloei and a dachshund named Oliver . . . he's the baby of the family at about 7 months.

We also have a cockatoo named Bijou, a rainbow lorikeet named Picasso and a senegal parrot named Keeya.

That's it folks and it's enough considering we used to have about 30 finches, canaries and budgies and four cockatiels. We downsized when Bijou came home to live with us . . . she's my baby!

• 1 month later...

Sharon, I have 3 border collies also! I only have one springer spaniel left though. (So, 4 dogs)

One of the two kittens I got a month ago to be friends with my other kitten, died after a week and I opted to not get another (2 is plenty for now)

Long story short, I have been waiting almost a year for silkie chickens to come in at the farmers market again. They did and I have added some to my menagerie. Don't they have the cutest little hairy feet?

post-1142-1241571852_thumb.jpgpost-1142-1241571872_thumb.jpg

They were in an aquarium and now they are in a guinea pig cage. So no one can get them. So far the kittens have not tried to hurt or eat anything (excluding the mice the one got for me) When they get big, they will live in a large area on the side of the house (that is fenced in) during the summer. Winter will be inside. They don't get large.

We have 2 cats. They are brothers and we got them when they were 6 1/2 weeks old. They just turned 1 year old on April 25th. "Toby Wan Kenobi" is our DD. He is a 13.5 lb. Butterscotch and yellow tiger with a white chest and 4 white rings around his tail. Kind of like a raccoon. "Domino" is a black and white 'tuxedo' kitty. If you look at him in the right light he also has stripes. His chest and tummy are white. So are all 4 feet, with a few black toes. Reminded me of dominoes, so hence the name. He has a red collar and looks like he's dressed for a nite at the opera. Domi weighs 10 lbs. and is the more talkative of the 2. He will come find me in the house and let me know when the water or food bowls are empty.

We also have a female parakeet named "Trixie". She and the boys get along great. Trixie was here when the boys arrived and she immediately showed them who was boss. We had a male Holland Lop bunny named "Snuggles", but he passed away last October. He and the kitties used to play together. They were little and Snuggles would chase them. It was so funny. At night the kitties would lay next to Snuggs cage and take naps with him.

lyn

There are so many pets here. The scorpions would be a little scary. I just have the four cats, Twiggy, Cali, Emma and Nell. It's like having four unruly children at times but they are so much company and are all from shelters except one from a neighbor. They are happy to have a real home. I love to watch them sleep. They just look so contented and peaceful. Not a care in the world. :)

Adoption of pets is the way. All of mine were adopted or cast off. The 2 I got from the coworker were timid when we got them (Marg was instrumental in getting these guys normal). They hid all the time. Now they are happy as pigs in swill. Instead of dragging their tails they have candy cane tails. Give an unwanted animal a home guys.

all of ours were adopted from the shelter/given (Mammy was given to our youngest son when he was quite ill years ago)/taken in after abandonment by neighbors.

The photo does not show catabuse...Maisie gets in everything!

post-2290-1241710458_thumb.jpg

Adoption of pets is the way. All of mine were adopted or cast off. The 2 I got from the coworker were timid when we got them (Marg was instrumental in getting these guys normal). They hid all the time. Now they are happy as pigs in swill. Instead of dragging their tails they have candy cane tails. Give an unwanted animal a home guys.

That is how I am. I get animals from the Humane society or cast offs. They are so much more grateful to you for giving them a forever home.

I want a siamese. Finding a Humane Society one or a cast off is going to be difficult though.

Here is our newest (temporary) pet.

The Mad Scientist dude came to Chels` work yesterday and everyone got a caterpillar with it`s own food in that container. It will form it`s cocoon and then I think Chelsea will put it outside or I do not know. It is on the computer table for all of us to keep an eye on. I call him Henry.

lets see, i have a boxer, Cuda, a beagle/sheltie mix, Winnie, five ferrets, Boots, Rambo, Chaos, Sam, and Snow, and a Bunny, Baby Bunny....out of these, four have been adopted....my girls each have a ferret, Boots and Snow are theirs, but we pretty much share them all. I love animals of all kinds, always have, now my hubby, he loves trucks....lol

we have 1 picky guinea pig

2 ferrets

2 parakeets

6 cats (and a new one is on the way!)

9 hamsters and

1 gerbil

4 cats, LIL(we had a Phil but he died) Kiwi, Gizmo & Kali

1 Chihuahua, named Jasper (yes she named him from the book Twilight lol)

Took 3 of the cats to the High School today for $10 rabies shots. I couldn't find Kiwi to get hers.