Electrical in Laurel and Primrose

cindy19335

Hi all,

I have to build this doll house (love it now), its for my son. I have been stuck for a week. I'm looking and looking. I can't figure out how to do the electrical. The Laurel has only one solid wall and thats the wall the Primrose will be attached to. Yikes, I really don't know how to plan this electrical stuff.

I have unglued walls up but I already did my floors, I etched & stained hardword type effect into them. I painted my walls......guess I'll have to repaint if I can get some help laying out the wiring.

I don't like wallpaper so I sure hope this electrical tape covers well with just painting. Has anyone just painted over the electrical tape? How does it look?

I've heard of writers block, I do think I am suffering from electrical block. Any advise in the layout department?

Thanks from Downingtown, PA.

Welcome, Cindy, We had a buffet dinner last night in a 103 year old railroad hotel in Enterprise, AL, and the electrical wires were covered in some sort of metal channel material that was painted over, maybe you could fake it? If you're using tapewire you could install it just above the baseboards or along the corner, where it might be inconspicuous.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, was thinking of using basebard or trim to camouflage the wires. (say some small channel and make a shelf all along the wall for trinkets? That would camouflage & be decorative too)

All this from someone who needs to use right angle trim wood to camouflage my poorly glued from wall which now looks horrible--going to paint it the same color as the house. Or do you think I should paint it to match the window & door trim?

Any thoughts?

Sandra