Ever been so angry at a Doctor, you cried in the office??

chattycathy66

I know I'm a little late in the game for this thread but... Yes! Yes I have. I went to the urgent care last fall with horrible stomach pains. The doctor walked in and said to me "I have never met you, what do you expect me to do after 5 on a friday?" And she said it with this tone like stop wasting my time you idiot! I started crying, she walked out. I picked up my coat and left. Later I was bummed that I didn't get her name because I would have LOVED to report her.

Sorry for your troubles! I hope the pain subsides!

My gosh, that's one of the most heartless things I've ever heard. I'd have said "sorry I'm inconveniencing you, but the pain won't wait until Monday at 10 a.m." While I realize that doctors don't have the easiest hours, they must realize that pain and illness don't fall within the hours of 9 to 5.

-Susanne

its not about crying in drs but it is about bad dr.

back in my home town i knew a girl who was 19 she went to the dr with chest pain and a pain in her left arm the dr told her it was indigestion and told her to go home and take some antacids. well 30 mins later she had died from a heart attack, and that dr still has his job. they get away with all sorts.

my little brother was 4 yrs old wshen he died we got up one morning and he had a sore throat and problems breathing so we were sent to schol and mum took him to hospital. when we came home he was gone i later found out what had happened and he had a lump in his throat and the dr did a trachey thing and then left the room he didnt check to see if there were any other lumps and thre were two others which crushed the tube and my baby brother suffocate. this dr still kept his job.

i had to see him when i had problems with my legs at the age of 14 and i gave him such a hard time he refused to see me and pawned me off on another dr.

the code of practice needs to be re-written

When I was 10 a DR told my parents, I either had growing pains, (apparently they are imaginary) or I was just a plain lazy kid. It wasn't till I turned 16 that another Dr found juvenile rhumatoid arthritis- yep, I know what it's like to cry in a Dr's office. I feel for you-get another/or two. or 3 opinions A.S.A.P.