Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, Casey - a lot of the listed ideas were mine, too, so I just kept thinking - I've finally come up with one that hasn't been mentioned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nobody suggests it! (I just like having a perfectly secret idea - even if there are others working away secretly on the very same thing!) :doh:

Now I have to order my kit!!

:D Ummm .... I really hate to look dumb, but .... I can't do my order. :wave:

I don't see how to indicate that I'm from Canada - it kept asking me to pick a State. I need to pick a Province!

Seeing as my brain has taken the day off, could someone with a functioning brain please explain to me how to order from Canada? :doh:

Thank you!

:D Ummm .... I really hate to look dumb, but .... I can't do my order. :wave:

I don't see how to indicate that I'm from Canada - it kept asking me to pick a State. I need to pick a Province!

Seeing as my brain has taken the day off, could someone with a functioning brain please explain to me how to order from Canada? :doh:

Thank you!

Rosalind, when you go here http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Bungalow.html there is the "greyish" box down to the right where it says "Shipping" USA - free shipping with a drop down menu where you can choose Canada. Not sure if that is what you are looking for?

Hugs

My husband is already gathering together the things he wants for his house (he's entering the contest, not me!) He's come up with..and discarded..a couple of ideas already, but he's having fun. That's the main thing, I keep telling him. (But he's already picked out what he wants to get from the Greenleaf store should he win! :) )

Rosalind, when you go here http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Bungalow.html there is the "greyish" box down to the right where it says "Shipping" USA - free shipping with a drop down menu where you can choose Canada. Not sure if that is what you are looking for?

Hugs

Anna, thank you - BIG HUGS - that was a great help! I found the first box you mentioned, and picked Canada. Then it still told me to pick a State when filling in my address - but I looked around the page a bit more, and found another drop down box to choose Canada again, and then it asked me to pick a Region (Province). :p

My next couple of problems will be for Staff, I guess:

1) $15.41 shipping was added to my order, no matter how many times I entered the special SPRING FLING 09 code. Maybe we are supposed to ignore that?

2) It didn't show "Ontario" in the Shipping and Billing Address. I tried editing, but each time gave the same result. I chose Ontario from the drop down menu, but it didn't show it in the Shipping/Billing info. I'm a little worried that my kit won't arrive. :)

Could someone please check this for me? Thanks - sorry for being such a Pain!

Entering this contest is so much fun. It is always interesting to have members hint but not tell what they are doing. It is so hard not to share all your ideas and everything you want to accomplish. I have entered this contest on the on both the previous years. It was my first time I ever entered my work in anything. The first year I won third prize and $100 in merchandise at the Greenleaf store. I still remember the thrill of seeing my name, photos, and the kind words from other members when the winners were announced. Thanks Dean and Greenleaf for making a special kit for us. Seeing all the things people can do with the same kit is amazing. I am already looking forward to May.

Amanda, thanks for mentioning that. I was thinking that the code was for the special shipping price to other countries as well - I looked at the first page, to read Dean's original post once more .... he stated clearly (in red) that we should ignore the additional shipping added on the invoice. I had a vague idea that we were supposed to ignore it, should have re-read his message sooner.

So, thanks to Anna and Amanda, the only question remaining is - will my kit arrive, or will it be lost somewhere in Canada, because the invoice has no province listed? :)

I'm excited about doing the contest, but pretty worried that I won't be able to!

Good luck to all of you taking part in the contest. I have decided not to enter as I still have so much to learn and an awful lot of work to do on the Garfield. So maybe next year, if I have developed my mini skills. I will still be following the progress and as exceited as everyone to see the results.

So crack on all you entrants and I hope that your entry turns out to be exactly what you wanted it to be. Good luck :thumb:

Jo

X

Deb, you named everything on my list of things to do with the kit. Now I have to start all over! :thumb:

Don't be concerned about choosing a theme that someone else might also be working on. If you look through past contest entries, oftentimes entries are based on the same theme, but the completed projects are so very different. I don't believe that the contest is as much about coming up with an original idea, as it is about putting your own stamp on your project.

I've never seen two identical entries. Our creations are as unique as are our personalities. As our skills differ so do our imaginations.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all of the entries. For me, I get as much enjoyment out of viewing everybody else's work as I do out of working on my own entry.

Hugs

-Susanne

I'm so excited about doing this! I've ordered my barn, lots of ideas about how to finish it! The neat thing is, I wanted to do a barn anyway to go with my Victorian farm house (Garfield).

I've never entered one of these before. Is the goal to show how easy it is to customize the building, or how to "decorate" one? Are there any guildelines? Regardless, I really appreciate your making the barns available! :thumb:

Martha

Martha, there are no rules - just have fun, and experiment with what you want to do. :thumb: Have a look at the two previous contests' galleries, and you will see that the sky's the limit!

We all have a blast imagining what to do with our kit, wondering what everybody else is doing with theirs, and then enjoying all the eyecandy at the end! :p

:thumb: Hi, Martha, it does look a little bit like a barn, doesn't it? With that roof it could also be a beach cottage; with the other roof (or that one) it could be a mountain cabin with either log or board&batten exterior. If you wanted to make it a store, right off the bat it suggested either a shoe store or shoe repair shop or an electronics store like Radio Shack. Bashing two together would make a neat modern-style house. The sky is literally the limit with this one!

Hey I'm kind of new to the mini world and this forum so I wasn't around or aware of last year's contest, but I just looked through all the entries. I would like to suggest that everyone entering this year make sure to leave a description of the project, I think that is half the fun! I love hearing everyone's ideas, triumphs and changes. It was really fun. I am so looking forward to building my entry and seeeing everyone else's!!

Hey I'm kind of new to the mini world and this forum so I wasn't around or aware of last year's contest, but I just looked through all the entries. I would like to suggest that everyone entering this year make sure to leave a description of the project, I think that is half the fun! I love hearing everyone's ideas, triumphs and changes. It was really fun. I am so looking forward to building my entry and seeeing everyone else's!!

I agree! And photos along the way! I love reading about how people did things...

Good luck to all of you taking part in the contest. I have decided not to enter as I still have so much to learn and an awful lot of work to do on the Garfield. So maybe next year, if I have developed my mini skills. I will still be following the progress and as exceited as everyone to see the results.

So crack on all you entrants and I hope that your entry turns out to be exactly what you wanted it to be. Good luck :)

Jo

X

Me too. I really want to enter, but funds and time are in short supply for me! I've got a few ideas, but I just can't see how I could do them justice on my budget and with the time I have!

So to add to some of the ideas already:

The roof shape reminds me of a dutch gable. So I had been thinking along Dutch lines - maybe bash 2 together to make one of those tall narrow canal houses from Amsterdam?

I had also thought of a mill... water or wind - it could work for either.

As I said I'm not entering, so feel free to use these ideas for your brainstorming!

One idea I passed over was a windmill! I thought the upper section suggested the rotation of the sails. We thought a canal (maybe a little boy with his finger in the dike?), tulips, wooden shoes would be fun!

If anybody wants to go for it, you are welcome. My idea I decided on and my original idea are fighting for dominance, so I know I'll not be doing it!

Thank you Traci. USPS knows that it is out there but does not have info on it.

Jeffrey,

Have you had anything delivered by Greenleaf before? I live on the border of RI and CT. I usually get my packages within a few days of the order. It is usually surprisingly fast!

I had a package delivered in two days once!

So if you ordered, you should see it soon. We are close to Santa Dean.