Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

I've gotta get on this today!

I'm working with some new stuff that should be interesting for the _______, then the structure can be put together.

After that, all the _________ needs to be done as well as the _______ that's going to have a new technique (for me) as well.

Then, I'll start on the ______ and lastly, and probably the most complicated will be the ______.

Whew, I wish I had another month to complet it all!

:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my two ___ ___ drying as we speak. I have to check later to see what angle they will be put at. I have my ____ all done but I think I am going to change the color of the ____ to white.

All the lighting is done so I think I am going to work on the floors today too.

Both sides are primed and painted... Still on the floor though drying as I type... It had an interesting idea we chatted about while painting, and it might work with the base we have picked out, will have to see when we do the dryi fitting though.

It is soooo wonderful to work with, almost as smooth as Mr LE Arthur :rolleyes: Miss Storybook and the Adams are willingly taking a step aside for him, I think Miss Storybook is even flirting a little with Mr S, not sure how Adams is feeling about that :p we'll see...

Hugs

I'm with you Rosalind! I have lots of ideas, but no time...hopefully the next 2 days will be better!!

Linda, I have been "borrowing" too--I did buy a couple things, but they will fit nicely in other houses I plan to build...I really didn't want to spend too much...but she told me I just had to have a couple pieces...she pretty much demanded it lol

Lynette, hope you're feeling better :rolleyes:

Heidi,you're making progress huh :p

All those _________make me soooo curious, can wait to see all the projects!!

I have to agree about the educational part of it all. This weekend I was doing research for my Spring Fling and got carried away looking at the websites and all the interesting information about ___________________.

My Spring Fling is all assembled and glued but that's it. I am trying to finish up the Orchid I'm working on then go to the Spring Fling. I have everything all planned out and even did some shopping for the stuff I need over the weekend. I'm so excited since this will be my first contest I'm entering.

Today was rainy & yucky, so I had time to work on mine. Tomorrow is to be the same, so I MUST clean out my shop. I have several projects going at the same time & keep mixing up parts !!!! Anybody have a month or two to help me clean ? :rolleyes:

Steve in PA

I sent an email to the Greenleaf store on Saturday about my missing piece. And today I get an email saying that the piece has been shipped! YAAAAAAY!!! What wonderful service! Soon I will be able to put my building together and start FOR REAL! Thank you Greenleaf Dollhouses!! :rolleyes:

I have a questionto anyone who is wallpapering the upper floor: do you wallpaper the whole room (ceiling too)? I find it hard to visualize with the rounded ceiling...

I did touch ups on the exterior today, but that was about it - after 5 straight days of working on it, I needed a bit of a break :p - tomorrow its back to work. This is going much quicker than I thought it would and thankfully I had most of the things I needed lying around - and that makes DH very happy indeed <I think he's getting real tired of me bouncing ideas off of him though...and he keeps asking me what I plan to do with it when it is finished... :rolleyes: > I never questioned him about his monster trucks when he was building those - of course, he never parked one in our livingroom, but he DID "take out" our gas grill when one of the tires got away from him! :lol: Flattened the poor thing! At least my hobby doesn't destroy anything and is much, much quieter.

I did touch ups on the exterior today, but that was about it - after 5 straight days of working on it, I needed a bit of a break :) - tomorrow its back to work. This is going much quicker than I thought it would and thankfully I had most of the things I needed lying around - and that makes DH very happy indeed <I think he's getting real tired of me bouncing ideas off of him though...and he keeps asking me what I plan to do with it when it is finished... :) > I never questioned him about his monster trucks when he was building those - of course, he never parked one in our livingroom, but he DID "take out" our gas grill when one of the tires got away from him! :angry: Flattened the poor thing! At least my hobby doesn't destroy anything and is much, much quieter.

:(

Still working on bits and pieces. I did do one coat on the exterior yesterday. I think it is because the outdoors are calling me! Spring Fling and Spring are competing for my affections.

mine is stomping his foot :( he wont let me put the trim on.....says its not right :angry: grrrrrrrrrr i am looking at alternatives to appease him :)

meanwhile i am making accessories while he mumbles in the background :)

Have just had one of those :thumb: moments... Now to make it work... So if you don't see me around for a while you know I am puttering around in the craft room zooning out...

Hugs

Afterworking my ay through the audio book The DaVinci Code, and the films The Black Dahlia and Little Women (now isn't that quite a double feature! :yes: ) my house is finally ready for assembly! :) There was a lot of hand detail work needing doing before I could reach this point! I've also gone through a Bonanza marathon and listened to the Other Boleyn Girl and the Boleyn Inheritance while working on this.

So I wonder what the next phase of construction's entertainment selection will be. :thumb:

well today while he was sulking about his trim i made 4 ________'s to go on the _____ ____'s i also made :)

couldnt resist any longer and threw some of the accessories in there to see what it looked like............well........... stood back n looked............. took a pic and......................omg it looks just as i imagined!!! :thumb:

now as well as the pesky trim argument i have to work out how to make the whole thing look like its ________ :)

if i cant do that i might as well not be bothering...its a crucial step to the whole idea :yes:

hmmmmm maybe i should of worked that out first :p:)

I do love all the intrigue! :yes:

The more I research, the more confused I get - I will call a halt to the research (as fascinating as it is), because otherwise, I'm going to get so bogged down I'll never get this ________ _____ done! I think it should be more ______ ______, but also a little _____________ and ___________. How to put these different elements in and still present a cohesive look to it - well, that's my challenge. I think I will run out of time to do all the things I've researched anyway.

(Hmmm .... having a Deja Vu moment - I can't have posted this already, yet it seems so familiar .... :thumb:)

Rosalind, I do know what you mean about the research sort of taking on a life of its own!!!! :thumb: I have loads of sketches of the interior details that I need to make myself as I can't find it anywhere...

Hugs

This will be my first build and I have three different ideas for what to do with it. I might have to order 2 more kits just so I can try all of the ideas. I live in a small apartment and don't have room for larger dollhouses - these small projects are perfect! Building my first chair and working on a floor plan until it gets here. I love all the enthusiasm and discussion!

Welcome to the forum Mary, and I just have to tell you that you are amongst the best enablers around so do order more than one Spring Fling LOL so that we all can have lots of eye candy!!! :thumb:

And for me, well loooove it, it is soo neat to work with, small yet roomy, am going to look into the flooring in a few minutes... if I find that bottle of glue that is :) (I cleaned up in a hurry earlier... :yes: )

Hugs

Well, it's together! I picked up a right angle clamp at Harbor Freight and I'm in love! :D Only $2 each - I want to go pick up a few more!

I still need to add the window and door trim, back roof suport, and roof, but not until I finih adding the remaining ____s inside and out as well as the ____ ____.

I am going to go in major Fling mode this weekend. Starting today I am going to finish the shell exterior. I am finally in the mood. Not saying I was out of the mood but I had so much going on that I could not get any quiet undivided time to just sit and work on it.

The interior and exterior are going to be really easy. My work will be with the things I have/have to make and also the grounds of the Fling. I want to build it all in such a way that I can get the most use of my three pictures.

Are any of you thinking this way also? I am thinking ahead about how I am going to stage it so that the things I want to be shown, get shown. Three pics may seem like a lot to some people...but to us die hard mini fans..it is not enough! ROFL