Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep checking back here and waiting. I am pretty excited about all this Spring Fling stuff. Whendo they "show all the beauties"? I can't wait to see everyone's masterpieces. This has been so much fun. I don't know that I have enough posts yet. I think you have to have 5 to do the gallery. So I'll say something a few times today. Is everyone excited?

I just got back from looking at the Fling albums made public so far, and I can only say WOW! I truly pity the poor judges! Anna, I thought they looked like Scully & Muldar! Isn't it interesting how the kit lends itself to so many wonderful interpretations? And the windmill met my expectations for the machinery inside! Oh, well done, everyone, so far.

I know Holly, I think this is one of the part I love around here, the joint building and another reason I love the Team builds so much to see how everyone makes the kit through one's own idea so to speak. I am going back and forth to see who else has opened up/started an album with the SPring Fling in it... I would have loved the soundtrack of X files to go with mine though ;)

Hugs

Just click on "Gallery" and "Members Gallery." They're popping up all over in there. I can't wait to see more. Everyone's work is so original and fun. Go minis!!!!!! Thank you to Greenleaf for letting us all have so much fun with this. ;)

Marie-Louise I see a tease from your pics when first going to the main gallery index page but then I can't see them when clicking on it, did you set your album to be public, otherwise, pretty please do, as I (and I can bet a "few" others around here as well)really, really would love to see them!!! ;)

Hugs

I would have loved the soundtrack of X files to go with mine though ;)

Hugs

Oh Anna, we have that soundtrack! My DH and kids are huge X-Files junkies. In fact they were watching a DVD of season 7 when I saw your pics and they paused it to come and see! Loved it!!!

Everyone's houses are so great! My pics aren't done yet - waiting for the camera batteries to charge. Can't believe I didn't check them sooner!

Speaking of soundtracks, I have been listening to Mamma Mia while building mine - and yes, that's a clue!

I have a question - what types of descriptions are you all sending? Are they storylines, details of how you built things? Is there any one type of description that is expected, or is just whatever we want to say about it?

I have a question - what types of descriptions are you all sending? Are they storylines, details of how you built things? Is there any one type of description that is expected, or is just whatever we want to say about it?

Welcome to Miniature Central Station and Train Depot in rural New York 1917! Here you can pick up your mail, check out the local Wanted poster, look at the map of New York, send a telegram, or buy your train tickets and hop on the rails! The station master works very hard to keep the community running smoothly, however he does need his rest so at night he moseys on up to his comfy bedroom loft and slumbers the night away. I hope you have enjoyed your visit to Miniature Central and will come back again soon!

That is what I sent in.

All righty....I just put mine in my gallery......will probably add more tonight. I know y'all are going to think I am nuts ;) , but it is all I could come up with.....

I now want to give a HUGE shout out to Havana Holly for the "folks" in my scene. Are they not perfect for it?!!!! My daughter and I both fell to the floor laughing when they arrived. I just LOVE them Holly! :rofl:

I'm having a hard time posting pics, so there are only a few there, but I think you'll get the idea.

The album description matches what my husband sent in with his entry:

Chittamou Jean's (Chipmunk John) Lodge, circa 1805, is a post-in-sill log cabin, with a bark roof. (The post-in-sill construction is parallel vertical log ends set in the ground, and then horizontal log sides are dropped into the space between them.) The lodge has a bark roof, a jamb stove in the fireplace, and a chimney of river clay and stone. Log timbers support the upper flor and roof. Thre are Dutch doors in both the loft and the main entrance. The lower floor is dirt.

The log siding is carved from local basswood boards, the bark from saplings from our 15 acres, and the ladder, stove, benches and rope bed and fireplace are handmade by the builder. I also do 1802-1805 fur trad voyageur re-enactments; this lodge represents a free trapper's lodge of that period.

What we DIDN'T say is: The Trapper is made in the image of my husband, right down to the greying beard. Both dolls are the creation of our dear Wolfie, Gina Gagnon of Lone Wolf Mini Creations, finished up in time for my husband's birthday, the woman being a special surprise for him, the Trapper's "Country Wife". ;)

It all looks so nice, and it's fantastic to see what everone made of it so far...

I am wondering if you receive an email, confirming your entry, because so far I did not get any...

Did you?

It all looks so nice, and it's fantastic to see what everone made of it so far...

I am wondering if you receive an email, confirming your entry, because so far I did not get any...

Did you?

yes...if you didn't, you might want to join the other thread here, directed to the technical folks, talking about having submitted an entry but no confirmation. It MAY be that everyone is away with it being a holiday, combined with the fact that so many folks are entering "at the last minute", so they're swamped. But it's worth submitting an inquiry in that other thread, so you can be "counted" ;)