Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - I'm in awe of all of the talent!!! I wouldn't want to be any of the judges on this one - they'd all win!

I put up 2 galleries - one of my Spring Fling & one of our son's Spring Fling. I definitely think I've got a lot to learn!!!

Doreen

The memo I read said they'd be judging the first week of June -- so that would be next week. WAY too long!! :)

However last year the judging was so tough they extended their judging an additional week!! People were going bonkers! Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

Well, I finally have my pictures done. sigh .... BUT now I'm chickening out to upload them.

I wish I hadn't gone to look at everyones entries. They are SO over my skill level and I am majorly intimidated now !!!!! :rofl:

Two people that I've seen so far have the same theme as mine so I'm quite disheartened that it's just not worth it. :)

Ack-k-k-k-k

Well, I finally have my pictures done. sigh .... BUT now I'm chickening out to upload them.

I wish I hadn't gone to look at everyones entries. They are SO over my skill level and I am majorly intimidated now !!!!! :rofl:

Two people that I've seen so far have the same theme as mine so I'm quite disheartened that it's just not worth it. :)

Ack-k-k-k-k

I know the feeling well. This was my very first EVER miniature and the talent is so over my skill level but I had fun doing it and got the guts to post my pics. I encourage you to post them too. So what if two people have the same theme...we will all get published on the web site and differences is what makes the world go round. My dad always said, "Toot your own horn...no one else will." So toot away, Selkie, and know you aren't alone in the...way over my skill level feeling.

2 hours and 3 minutes to spare! I really didn't think I'd make it. I spent so much time on ideas that just didn't work out. I can't look at another picture right now, so I won't get a gallery up until tomorrow night after work. Don't know if I've got enough nerve to browse the competition just now, tho. :)

Okay everyone - I did it. I sent in my three pics and my story. My oldest grandson was the originator of the theme - partly because he loves it and partly because he knows I do too. I ended up feeling guilty about not entering since he was so psyched this afternoon when he checked it out.

Please promise you won't laugh !!!

I loved doing this project, esp. since I've not had much time to mini in ages.

I'm too tired right now to post in my album. The one I started is still "private" and it only has early stages in it. I'll get back to it tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats to all you super talented folks. I'm just blown away by all your talent. Last years was super exciting too.

Can't wait for next year already. What's in the plans, MiniMan?

I don't believe I made it!!! I pressed send at 10:58 (11:58 EST)!! Like I said last week, I was planning to have everything done and sent in by last Wed...since I going to be in Wash. DC with DS's class til Sun nite at 9:00 pm...It just didn't work, I took some pics of outside, but RL kept getting in the way, so once I got home in 1 piece last night---way too exhausted to do anything mini--all I had left was the curtains, up and down, a little figure for outside, and one other thing I even forgot to put in before I took pictures!! Well, wound up loosing my voice Sunday, and was sick as a dog this am...but I knew I just had to finish....between naps and cold medicine, I started taking pictures with DH's help...he was really great since I was stressing and snapping like crazy!!

Was ready to send photos at 10pm (11pm est), and had problems resizing images with Vista--tried to download their software...couldn't do it, kept getting errors...looked for other freeware--downloaded 1 with no luck...finally another and after a while, I had my pics done!

I am just starting to breathe now! I am about to look at all the eye candy...I am typing so fast cause I just can't wait to see it all!!!!

I experienced technical problems (might have something to do with working on 'Fling for 40 with no sleep). I'm afraid it took forever for the pictures to upload and it was 12:17 when it finally was sent - then I discovered that one of the shots was the wrong one :) . I don't know how strict they are about 12:00 on the nose, so I think I'll go hibernate and hope things look better in the morning.

I am nowhere near completion, so didn't enter my pics. (I worked on it right up to, and well past, 11:59 pm - but there was simply too much left undone.) I really wanted to finish this for my Dad, so I can take my time with it now.

Everything I've peeked at in the Members Gallery is outstanding! I have only scratched the surface so far - there is eye-candy to last for hours and hours - days, even. :) Lindsay's "casita" is gorgeous - it puts my "adobe house" to shame. Tomorrow I will look through more pics - what a treat!

Good luck to all you talented people - I don't know how the judges (poor things, I certainly don't envy their task) will make their choices!

i just spent ages looking at the albums so far...wowsers what great ideas!!!!! (all written down in my book :( ) everyone has done so well!!!

i must be the queen of 'fabulous' as thats all my comments consisted of!!! :) fabulous fabulous :rofl: but so true!!! ooooo my i'd hate to be judging :p

I have not received a confirmation but I thought it was because I sent the pics late Friday like you so maybe they are on a well deserved holiday . I think the thread said within 24 -48 hours and weekends and holidays don't count lol.

Dean sent me a hello howdy do about a day or so after I sent it in.

BTW..I love the theme of your Fling!

Got my 3 pics in with about 3 hours to spare last night. Thought I would clean the RL house, which has been sorely neglected for weeks, but I couldn't stop looking at the galleries! I was up past 11 in bed with the laptop still enjoying the wonderful houses! I am completely in awe of the talent here!!!

It sort of makes me wish I hadn't posted mine, since it just can't compare, but I do think my work this year is better than last year's and that makes me proud!

I know it's because I've learned so much from all of the members here. Thank you!

Traci, I was watching Rick Steves yesterday and he was traveling the Greek islands and I SAW that house! Don't any of you whose submissions I've seen so far dare sell yourselves short! The judges will have a simply awful time!