Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

Large bouquets to everyone who entered! :):rofl::(

The inspiration for the various themes is wonderfully eclectic, and the execution of the houses ranks among some of the most skilled and craftsmanlike that I've seen in competitions, community builds and team blogs. Even houses with similar inspirational roots have blossomed in unique ways. And so many entries have wonderful personal history behind them. This is far more than just eye candy, folks ... it's art!

Congratulations to all!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traci, don't say that! Your Fling is awesome! Such clean lines! I love it! I guess sometimes we're our own worst critics---many times, I thought about just going to sleep and missing the deadline because I didn't think that I had the time to finish mine perfectly...thank goodness I came to my senses,lol

I looked at the albums again this morning--they're all fabulous ,if I can borrow your word, Linda :) I totally agree, the judges are in for a rough time!!

I agree, Traci - you're nuts! :) So far I've loved all the entries... I'm really glad so many people have set up their own galleries. It seems like there is more to look at this year before the official unveiling of the entry thread Dean sets up. I wonder how many more people submitted entries but didn't set up personal galleries?! MORE eye candy!! Wow, I don't envy the judges at all, in fact I wonder if they loathe this task. Didn't one person even pull themselves out as a judge last year!?

Thanks Cathy, Holly and Jen.

I should clarify, I didn't mean to put my entry down at all. When I look at it I get a huge smile on my face and think "That's good!"

When I look at all of the talent in the galleries, I think, "THOSE ARE FANTASTIC!!!!"

Not at all in a jealous way, or that makes me feel bad about my work, though.

It's a "Wow, aren't I lucky to be a part of this forum with these amazing artists, who are so generous with their knowledge?!"

It makes me want to try harder next time and keep learning and improving!

I can't say anything other than "WOW"! :rofl: I could never be a judge.

To try to answer some questions. The walls were made with the Bromley stencil. I used spackle & colored it with red chalk from a carpenter's chalk line. The base, I used a homemade stencil & the Krylon stone paint. The roof is a cutting mat from the Dollar Store. The side roof is plywood covered with copper & a plexiglas skylight. The window blind is a sample of blinds that I got at Lowe's.

I forget the other questions !

Now we all can sit here & bite our nails until the judges do their thing ! :)

Steve in PA

Holy Macarolli everyone!! :)

You all are amazing! I am trying so hard to get through all the pics but, there is sooooo much talent and eye candy to look at....where do I start?!

Everyone (and I do mean everyone) blew me away this year! I feel so privleged to be in this talented group of artisans!

Okay, I'm off to the galleries!

hugs,

Monica

Wow, I got to check out the entries!! They're all great!! I have to say I really love the Dinoseum (sp?) by Tyler :wub:

Gonna post a couple pics of mine then off to bed...back to RL today!

Tyler asked me to say a HUGE THANK YOU! He was smiling from ear to ear this morning from all the wonderful comments! I want to thank everyone for the huge smile on his face! What a wonderful sight!

Doreen

I still don't know if I've even made it all the way through looking at all the entries..it's like eye-candy overload for sure :p

Wishing all of the entrants good luck, and the judges too....they have a lot to "digest". :wub:

Okay, I got my confirmation and I just uploaded a bunch of pictures and made my album public.

Here is my story:

Welcome to the M.A.R.S. Observatory and Planetarium. We always reach for the stars !

Our observatory is home to state of the art telescopic equipment all powered by our four eco-friendly roof-top solar panels. Research is continually being done here in our office by Dr. B. H. Sram, DoA. He is a world renown astrophysicist and professional astronomer specializing in research for future space exploration and living.

Our planetarium is open daily with changing shows. The current showing features the Big and Little Dipper and associated constellations. Adults and children alike will be enthralled with the show.

Our roof top deck allows even the novice to enjoy the thrill of outer space. Come sunset through sunrise for the best viewing.

Where can I view the entries submitted for this year's Spring Fling? It appears by the postings that you can see what's been submitted, but I'm not sure where to look. I went to "Gallery" and they weren't there. Any help is appreciated :wub:

Dianne

Well folks, I wouldn't want to be one of the judges either. There is some beautiful work and the judges will be nearly bald before the final decision is made. Bless their hearts.

I will be uploading my entry in just a minute so please be kind.

Where can I view the entries submitted for this year's Spring Fling? It appears by the postings that you can see what's been submitted, but I'm not sure where to look. I went to "Gallery" and they weren't there. Any help is appreciated :wub:

Dianne

What folks are doing right now is clicking on individual people's "gallery" -- under their name and picture there, on the left -- and then looking through the individual albums for the album usually labeled "Spring Fling 2009" (or something similar)...look for the basic shape of the house.

Evenually Dean will gather up all the entries and make a special gallery where you can go to one place and look..

I just scroll through this thread until I come to a post that says something like "..I posted my pictures in my gallery", and then click on that person's gallery to see the pics.

Does this make sense?? :p

I've been going to the Galleries, then clicking on "Members' Galleries" - from there, you can take your pick of displayed pics loaded over the last couple of days. Click on one, and it takes you to that member's particular album. I've been dipping in and sampling various Flings - haven't seen them all yet!

Either way will get you to the eye-candy. :wub:

So many great ideas and amazing entries !! Great job to all of us !! Under the gun we all made such wonderful entries . I can't wait to see them all in a gallery dedicated so I don't get dizzy with screens lol. I am so impressed by everything I have seen !

Brandaen

Selkie, This is my first EVER too! I was pretty worried about posting my pics but oh my, what a wonderful contest. I am really excited to see all the beautiful entries. I'm glad I don't have to choose. Cuz I'd pick this one and that one and the other one and.... When I look at some of the entries I feel like I am in the presence of great mini-ness! This was such fun.