Greenleaf's Third Annual Spring Fling Contest

I'm trying to figure out if I'll need one or two kits - I really don't know what I'm going to build yet, so I think I'll wait a bit for "the" idea to hit me! (Even though I'd love to order one right now!)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This it is neat! I just ordered one! No ideas yet! But something will come to me I hope! I now it won't be a farm! LOL! Don't know the first thing about those! LOL!!! I can't wait to see the the rest!

Heather

Each of the girls are waiting for their kit to come! We are sitting at the doctors office right now. To keep them busy we are reading everyones replies. They are so excited and we are thinking of ideas while we wait for our name to be called.

Well, shoot! This would be my first time to enter a minis contest, and I'm stumped. This is such a nifty looking little kit, but I'm just not getting inspired by any ideas. Maybe when the sun starts shining in Rhode Island a little more and it actually feels like Spring, my creative juices will start to flow.

Meanwhile, looking forward to all the eye candy when that time comes!

I plan on ordering mines soon as well. I have no idea what it will be. Im seriously lacking in the creative juices department. If anyone has an extra vile of some, send it to me asap.

Even if I dont think of anything to make it though, Im still getting it because I just love the unique look of that little house.

In another Forum Holly Mentioned these Ideas:

Wouldn't it make a cute fast food restaurant? Or a motel. I'm not entering, I need to get started on that Pierce next, but anyone is welcome to try any ideas I throw out here.

Surf shop

Radio Shack (for some reason it puts me in mind of Grandpa's old table model radio)

Shoe shop

Fire station

Beach house

Art Deco house

And by no means least, the Frank Loyd Wright-designed art gallery off Union Square in San Francisco

These are some more I came up with in that same topic:

Those are Great ones Holly!! Here are a few too. I am not Participating either:

Things I thought of if I were gonna participate:

Antique Shop

Hot Dog Stop

Junk Yard Bungalow

Fairy Tale themes:

Little Bo Peep

Little lady in the shoe

Make it the crooked house with the crooked man and the crooked mouse

Old mother hubbard

smile.gif

Hope these help inspire some of you and help you find new ideas! :hippi:

I'm going to add my ideas to the list.

A fairy house in the woods. Use silk plant leaves for the roof.

Go a little more rustic and masculine and you'll have a gnome home.

I think it would blend well into a tree stump or the side of a hill because of the shape.

Thinking along the lines of elves, it would make a great little dwelling for house elves from Harry Potter. Think of where Dobby would live if he had his own place.

Doing a complete turn-around, it would make a really cool Miami style house. Think of some of the apartments and houses on CSI: Miami.

A variation on a beach house would be a tropical house. Thatch the roof with raffia and go completely tropical with the decor. Bamboo placemats make excellent flooring.

I think the roof cries out for thatching. I have a serious urge to cover it in fake fur and do that fun style of thatching. That opens up the possiblity for all kinds of houses with thatched roofs.

It sends me some vibes about hippy style houses. The round top makes me think of a sun which leads me to thinking about a house in a hippy commune.

A Tuscan villa with a clay tile roof would be cool. I'm doing one in that style but not entering it. If I enter I have another idea that I'll use.

My favorite idea is to make an old mill out of it. Wouldn't that just be cool!!!! Add a water wheel to one side and just think how awesome it would be. The shape is almost perfect for that.

So those are a few of the ideas the house has been chatting about to me. It would be pretty cool if everybody would post their inspirational ideas too. Not the one you'll be using, but the other ideas to inspire other people. Sometimes brainstorming ideas leads to other ideas and even our lurkers would benefit.

Besides, if we brainstorm and get each other's creativity going just think of all the great eye candy we'll have later!

Deb

Well, Deb, you hit on one of my ideas...not going to share which one but I can see the kit chatted at least one of the same thing to both of us. Now if I can only pull it off in three months...that is the question.

Oh my wow! This will be my first contest in decades! I can't wait to get my hands on that little bungalow! I think my daughter will get to do it with me or by herself. I'll see who gets the ideas first. Heheheh!

What a lovely board :doh:

I am not divulging one peep about my idea. I shocked myself when I thought of it. It is going to be majorly cool! :doh: I hope I can pull it off. Now I have problems. I am going to need ideas on how to make certain things out of other things and I cannot ask anybody! ROFL It would give my house identity away..LOL

I am not divulging one peep about my idea. I shocked myself when I thought of it. It is going to be majorly cool! :D I hope I can pull it off. Now I have problems. I am going to need ideas on how to make certain things out of other things and I cannot ask anybody! ROFL It would give my house identity away..LOL

Talking about TOP SECRET :lol: You gotta give more hints than that Heidi :doh: I can't wait to see what you come up with and I am sure you'll be able to pull it off :wave:

Mine is rather ambitious and, I really don't know if I'll have the time to do all the things I need to do.

Lot's and lots of detailing and wiring...and I start work 4/4!

I've been making what seems like a million things for it this week since I found out what I'll be doing, and Russ is in on it this year with me. He'll be doing the bash part.

I better get to work now :doh:

the mill was the first thing that came into my mind and i felt that everyone would probably get that idea as well. though i did see these stones at dollar tree yesterday that would be perfect for a mill...

i have another idea for my contest entry. Im going to try to do the whole thing with stuff i already have. except for paint i dont want to have to buy anything to finish this project.