Can I cry on your shoulders?

Rhonda

Working on the general store don't ask me how but I in some way got it upside down....the back wall was the floor etc I wasnt paying attention, I cut out the cardstock for the floor spent around 2 hours cutting and gluing down the popsicle sticks for a hard wood floor. When I was done with that I cut out the card stock for the walls pasted the wall paper to it. dry fitted those things, then went to start dry fitting the top rails and the front pieces of the trim and they would not fit right. I kept checking the directions measuring and could not figure it out. Finally I took a good look at the dang thing and realized what I had done.......... so now I have a floor that is too big, wall paper that is too short (and it was purchased paper in a grabbag so no way prolly to replace it or get more)

Hopefully I can piece in the wall paper or something. it is about an inch too short from ceiling to floor. or maybe put in tall base boards heck I dont know. The floor will just have to be trimmed back, but good grief what a waste of mini time :doh:

So frustrated right now

Wow! That is bad!

Big Hug! Now breathe deeply.

This is frustrating to be sure, but it could be worse. I hand a griend whose new Harrison was destroyed in a fire (along with the RL house) two days before Christmas. Wallpaper is replacable, maybe not the exact same paper but another. Or scan the paper and see if somebody can cut and paste it into wallpaper for you!

Now get a mug of hot chocolate (I'd make it for you, but I have a lot of troulble uploading things) and start figuring out a way around this faux pas! I'm sure we'll all be checking our pieces really close from now on.

More hugs!

I was thinking border also. Just take a step back and let things settle. Return to it with a fresh eye. I have been known to get on a roll and end up doing something not so correct. It is ok though because it can be fixed somehow.

A border ought to work. Too bad it's not on the bottom, you could add wainscoting. But as long as you have all the pieces intact, I know you'll use your creativity to come up with something that's even better and more original than what you started out with.

Rhonda, don't feel too bad, we've all done something like that at one time or another. I once painted the inside wall instead of the outside. When I put the house together I was a little bummed, but lived through it. After that I learned to dry-fit before doing anything else.