I <3 my Mom and minis!

beyondbaffled

I went to visit my parents today after work and my Mom was so excited to show me some minis that she bought for my saloon. She bought two tiny liquor bottles from the flea market over the weekend - Sutter Home and Southern Comfort. They are super tiny so I think they are less than the 1:12 scale (I'm still learning this scale thing btw). I love that she's interested in the dollhouse, but I was appalled when I saw how much they cost - $2.50 each! I told her that I love them and thanked her and told her not to be spending her money on me. I told her that you guys have taught me all about printies so now all I have to do is find out where I can buy blank liquor style bottles (please share if you know of a site).

My Mom actually came out and said that she wouldn't mind having her own dollhouse. Growing up as the 10th of 10 kids she never had new clothes and milk was an extravagance her family rarely had so she probably never even dreamed of having a dollhouse of her own. So... I told her that maybe she and I could put a dollhouse together after I finish my saloon. So I have to get really good at this between now and then!

:groucho: that's a good story. :wave: It made me smile.I can buy i think its 22 liqueur bottles for 27 cad, or six for with lables which can be changed for 2. but any way you can also make them from light bright pegs, although i don't know how. I am also looking for wooden wine bottles. . .

congrats on your gifts! i'm looking at the pic, those bottles look pretty much scale to me and if not, once they blend in with all the other bottles you put in your saloon the only thing you will notice is that they are the ones that came from your mom. i think minis given as gifts are sooo special!

:groucho: that's a good story. :wave: It made me smile.I can buy i think its 22 liqueur bottles for 27 cad, or six for with lables which can be changed for 2. but any way you can also make them from light bright pegs, although i don't know how. I am also looking for wooden wine bottles. . .

Corwin will these work? I have around 50 of them

gallery_2577_1630_55125.jpg

That's actually not a bad price for mini stuff -- which in many cases can cost more than their equivalent in real life!

I wouldn't worry so much about scale. Actually those look pretty close to scale to me, too, and would match much of what I have in my Brimble's Public House.

I also wouldn't worry about "getting really good". I certainly am not "really good"...but still have a lovely time building and rehabbing my houses.

blank liquor style bottles
Lite Brite pegs, bottle-shaped woodsies, some incandescent lightbulbs' filament holders (break them open very carefullt, some are shaped like Seagram's Royal Crown bottles). Please don't wait until you "get really good" to play minis with your mom! Do it NOW. Maybe you could work together on that cute new kit for the Spring Fling contest together.

It's great that your Mom is getting into minis with you. I'd get her an Orchid as her own starter house. She paid about the going price for the cute little bottles. RL bottles come in all sizes, so you can about use any scale, and it doesn't matter much in that case. Congrats on having a new found mini buddy. Bottles can be made out of Das or any air drying clay too, then printie labels for the different types glued on. Have fun.