Another newbie

24 posts in this topic

Hey there. My name is Elyssa (Lyss for short). When I was 15, I'd gotten my first Greenleaf dollhouse (the Willowcrest); Im turning 22 this year. It's a seemingy never-ending project, because whenever Im in the store, I manage to find something new to add to it, but lately, I've been trying to find more d.i.y miniature making ideas. The newest house I got (and am currently building) is The Lily.

Well, just wanted to say hi, and thank you for letting me be a part of this community :groucho:

- Lyss.

Hi there. My name is Elyssa (Lyss for short).I got my first Greenleaf dollhouse when I was 5 (Im 21 now). The first house I'd gotten was the Willowcrest. I am currently working on building the Lily. Although the Willowcrest is done, Im sure you know what I mean when I say that it is neve really done, lol. New ideas for it constantly come and go. Me in a craft store is a dangerous thing :X Lately, though, I've been trying to think of (and research) d.i.y. crafting ideas for miniatures. I'd like to use more household items.

Well, just stopping by to say hey to everyone, and thank you for letting me be a part of your community :groucho:

- Lyss.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There are some great threads on ideas for diy as well as many tutorials.

Hi Lyss & welcome to the group. :( If you need ideas for your minis just check out some of the member's galleries & you will get tons of ideas !

Steve in PA

Hey Lyss!

I'm Andrea. I'm 23 and have been bit by the mini bug too. I love being able to play with toys as an adult. I hope you enjoy it on this forum, I sure have.

Have a great day,

andrea

Good to meet you Lyss, I'm sure you'll have fun on here and gets lots of ideas and help from the group.

Jo

X

Hi and welcome to the group. I am sure you will get a lot of ideas here.

Welcome to the neighborhood Elyssa !! I Love the Lily & Willowcrest! So Great to meet you!

I see your 'puter hiccupped, so I'll welcome you to the little family on this post, Lyss :( I make everything that goes into all my houses, most of it from "found" items. In your research if you have not yet discovered Patricia King, DO so. She is the Queen of recycling.

Hello Lyss! :(

Welcome to the neighborhhood! Sounds lite you're hooked, so, as we say here in Utah, "this IS the PLACE!".

Can't wait to see pictures of your Willowcrest and progress on your Lily. Once you have 5 posts, you can create a gallery.

Hi, Lyss - welcome to the group! I like DIY projects, too. There are plenty of great ideas here, just browse around. :(

Oops, already welcomed you on the other thread. Oh well, WELCOME!! :(

hi lyss welcome youll love it here i have been here for a year and I love everyone they are helpful in every way not just doll houses but with real life too :yes: xoxoxo