Photo printing on fabric

Selkie

I used to photo print on fabric with computer images and my inkjet printer - a bazillion years ago - and need to do it again. I can't remember all the little details I did to make it work right. I remember that it was tricky to make it come out right.

I know I used two methods - one with some iron-on product - you printed on it and then had to iron it onto white cloth (kind??). Then you had to sew the whole sandwich onto the finished product. I think anyways.

The other method - I just somehow put the fabric right thru the printer. Then you could sew immediately with it (after it dried of course).

I can't remember why I used one or the other.

I'm in a time crunch - of course - do artists/crafters ever say "no" when asked to do the impossible task in the impossible length of time - of course, NO !!!! I'm a glutton for these things and while I enjoy them on some level, I can't figure out how I keep doing this to myself. Sigh ...

Oh well, any tips for success would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know about printing your own fabric but I have seen wallpapers which are also available as transfers so that you can create matching decor, curtains, bed linen etc. It was on a site I shared with everyone a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the link again

http://www.dollhouseroomdesigns.com/Wallpaper_5.html

Jo

X

I have "printable fabric" that I use.

But, here is some info I found on Jim's Minis, http://www.printmini.com/printables/fabric.shtml

There are at least three methods to print to fabric using your computers' printer. My favorite is using iron-on transfers available at many computer and office supply stores. I also understand you can buy cloth sheets with special peel-off backing made especially for printers. I've heard true do-it-yourselfers suggest the following method, but use it at your own risk-- it sounds like it might be hard on printers. Take any piece of freezer paper and cut it to a little larger than a sheet of paper. Iron it to any light colored cloth, putting the shiny side of the paper to the fabric. Then trim to paper size. It's important to trim it last to keep the edges from separating. The freezer paper allows the cloth to be stiff enough to pass through the printer and is easy to remove once you're done.

I'm pretty sure there has been some discussions on this too before, in the General Mini Talk forum.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like 1