Tattoos

MiniMadWoman

I'm wondering how many of you out there have tattoos? Some of you know I had one or two, but since I've been around I've added several to my, ah hem, collection. I now have five of them which I'll post pictures of later. My current one is a pin up girl on my right calf . . . she's awesome! Brian and I also got matching tattoos on Valetine's Day . . . they're Celtic love knots which stand for 'everlasting love'. Have to go find Brian to take pictures now.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Yet! It is something I plan on doing though, I decided to get healthy and lose 80 pounds, when I got half way to that goal I had my nose pierced, 20 more pounds and I will get a tatoo. Not sure what or where, but I have tried most of my life to hide behind my weight and not be noticed, not anymore! I do get some strange looks, 56 and a nose ring, but I don't mind, it's so great now not to worry what someone slse thinks about me.

I have never had any desire to wear a tattoo, but when I was in Nursing School one of our clinical patients in our neuro unit was an older lady who had just had a stroke and who had biker tats that she had apparently had for a long time, and when I saw what they looked like I decided no, thank you. One of my very good friends got a Cpmanche war feather tattooed on her shoulder blade when her first novel, Ride the Wind, was published, and she had threatened to get it incorporated into a tattoo that covered her back & both arms when Tokaido Road came out, but I think she has decided that the one is enough..

My daughter has a huge black panther that goes from shoulder to butt, and a man on the moon on one breast and a rose on the other, ankle rings, a butterfly on her other shoulder, and several roses here and there. But I just never wanted any myself. I have pierced ears and some surgical and accidental scars along with a long knife wound which killed my dance career - and several other scars from a dog bite! My own dog too! From when I was a little kid. and a bump on my ankle where the metal in my leg ends, and several small bumps that are the screws holding the leg together, and that's enough for me.

Pictures, Pam, pictures!

Okay, here are mine:

This first one was originally a bird . . . it is covered over now by the purple flowers under Bijou my cockatoo! LOL! The vine sweeps down my leg and has a treble clef incorporated into it, representing my love of music, and I love ladybugs, so had to have one of those! It's on my left calf and foot.

post-267-1238384082_thumb.jpg

The next one is a flower garden which goes along my lower back.

post-267-1238384107_thumb.jpg

This is the Celtic knot Brian and I both had done for Valentine's Day this year. Mine is on my back under my neck and Brian's is on his shoulder.

post-267-1238384134_thumb.jpg

I'll post a picture of my pin up girl later on once she's healed. She looks dreadful right now!

Holly, my mom always asks what I think people will say (doctors/nurses) when I'm old,lol I said they'll think I was once pretty hip,lol.

Theresa, I really like the one with your cockatoo :o You gave me a great idea, it's our 20th anniversary this year...I'll have to come up with some kind of design and DH and I can get one:) Hope you don't mind me copying your idea...but this is the one way I'll get him to get one,without being worried he'll pick the wrong one,lol

I always think it's funny when you don't think someone is the tattoo type, and then they suprise you....and I also think it's funny when people are shocked that I have 3...especially people at work...guess I always look so prim and proper,lol

Here's my favorite...it was taken a couple days after I got it...

post-1675-1238385923_thumb.jpg

I always think it's funny when you don't think someone is the tattoo type, and then they suprise you....and I also think it's funny when people are shocked that I have 3...especially people at work...guess I always look so prim and proper,lol

I know what you mean, Cathy! People always take a double take when they find out I have tattoos! They totally don't expect it! My mom is going to die when I go up to Canada to visit in July . . . she doesn't know about the pin up girl yet! I'm afraid to tell her! LOL!!

I don't mind at all if you want to get matching tattoos with your hubby! I think it's a great idea. Brian found ours on the internet. It's amazing what you can find!

I had 3 tats

my ankle tat I got when I was 30

and my lady bug I got when my SIL left our family

and my Butterfly representing my WLS date.

the lady bug and butterfly are close together and someday there will be vines and it will be one tatto

I love my tats and I also love the look I get when people notice my tats and now pierced nose.

I defiantly do not fit the type but it takes all kind to make the world go around.

I have one that was made a s signature for me that I would LOVE to have made into a tat on my calf

and I would love something subtle in the cleavage area.

and I made Dean and I our own design of a ring finger tat we plan on doing on our anniversary this yr.

I love a tasteful artful tattoo

nutti :o

Holly, my mom always asks what I think people will say (doctors/nurses) when I'm old,lol I said they'll think I was once pretty hip,lol.
Nope, that's probably NOT what they'll think as they're trying to check your elderly skin for sores and carcinomas and IV sites...

I wanna see pics. I love dragons.

I don't have any tattoos. Eventually I'd like to get 2, one a portrait of the first pic of all four of my kids together...I think that one will be on my lower back as I want it large enough to get really good detail. And the other one will be on the top of my left foot to hopefully camouflage at least somewhat the 2 inch long curvy scar I have from the surgery I had last November. That one will be quite a while away as it is still sore with pressure or rubbing and will take up to a year from the surgery to heal. No decent tattoo artist will touch it for a while as scar tissue can be difficult to tattoo. At least that's my understanding from watching shows like Miami Ink and LA Ink on TLC. I would really love to get Kat Von D in LA or Tim in Miami (if he's still there, I haven't watched the show in a while) to do my portrait. They are both absolutely AMAZING! All the people on those shows are. Their ability to have artwork on skin turn out just as beautiful, if not more so, than if it was on paper is unbelievable to me. Course I have no drawing ability at all. I tell my kids, I can't draw a straight line without a ruler.

Terri

I would really love to get Kat Von D

Oooooo, me too Terri! I love her, she's amazing. I met her at her book signing here in Madison on February 14th. She's a lovely lady and very friendly. Wait 'till you see my pin up girl . . . it's a pose she struck on her calendar. I love it . . . very 40's inspired.

Nope, that's probably NOT what they'll think as they're trying to check your elderly skin for sores and carcinomas and IV sites...

If I have sores, carcinomas and the need for IV sites, I doubt that having a few tattoos is going to bother anyone! :o LOL!! Give them something nice to look at while they're poking around . . .

Here's my favorite...it was taken a couple days after I got it...

Cathy, I love your dragonfly! If I were ever to get one, it would have been a dragonfly or a homage to my tyke... but the muse or alcohol was never upon me enough to find myself in the chair. And I don't think just designing the image would be enough for me... if someone I knew were a tattoo artist, I'm sure I'd have at least one by now - otherwise, I'd want to learn it and do it myself, masochist (or perfectionist) that I am (HA!)