Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Friday I skipped the bike and pool so I'd have more energy for Saturday's Boot Camp Class. 30 minutes treadmill, weight machines, stretching and P.T. exercises, and 39 more minutes on the treadmill.

Saturday I did Boot Camp and it was taught by Dustin, who likes to make it tough like boot camp should be (the other teachers have a less "tough" approach, which is not to say their classes are easy). Afterward, I did weight machines, 10 minutes on an arm cycle (for want of a better term), and 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then I was too tired, lol, and went home.

Lynette, I can't believe all that you do! :o I'm having trouble keeping up with your posts, never mind your progress! :D Good on you!

Heidi, you were very strong to resist the cookies. :thumb: I also want to reduce the meds that I take, and will be seeing the doctor about it. Good luck!

I resisted the cookies yes..but after a week of walking..Fred and I went to the local ice cream parlor and we each had a custard cone. I cannot deny myself or I can go on a full fledged binge. I think that cone tasted way better because I worked for it.

We talk Friday, Saturday off but we also took Sunday off because it was way too hot and Fred had his Cat scan..we were not in the mood. (no results back from scan).

So I think today we will be walking soon. It is almost 8am. I get to drink my coffee first before we go..ROFL

It is going to be a hot and sweaty one (dont think naughty) today. It is already humid so early in the morning. I am going to be complaining left and right. When it is like this, it feels like I am breathing in pea soup. It is going to take awhile for my lungs to heal themselves.

ooooooh Speaking of!!

8 months off ciggys!!

WooHoo!!

:thumb:

Heidi, we are ALL so proud of you, but probably not as much as Fred & your daughters. It's supposed to be 108+ today with the heat index, so I already know I'll be putting together 1:24 nursery furniture kits!lol Still sore from Saturday's paddle; I fell in the river first thing trying to board my boat! I don't know what we all laughed at the hardest, me falling in, or me struggling to get back out to try again (successful on the retry...). It was a ten-mile paddle and my left shoulder was numb by the time we got to the end.

:thumb: I miss being able to take walks. I joined the Y and started swimming laps again. I am up to a half mile or so and working for more. Swimming is so relaxing and great stress relief!

I have not work out since Friday because we were up at 4am and out the door by 5am and back home at 7:30 pm Fri - Sunday. Friday I did my 20 min. Turbo Jam cardio party. I am about to start my Core synergistic exercise in a few mins. Gotta work my core muscles . I will walk later on this afternoon.

Heidi, 8 months!!! That is Fabulous! Lynette, you are my hero. It's so cool to hear about all that you are doing! Rosalind, that will happen. Stay focused and see your doctor and you will reduce your meds. How have you been doing?

We found an Omron machine (that retails at Wally World for US$99.99) for 'way, 'way less and worked perfectly (not sure since last night & this AM it showed my pulse rate to be 64 & 69, respectively, and I have a pacemaker set on 60...).

Holly, that's normal. The pacemaker doesn't slow down your heart rate, it kicks in to boost it if it should drop below 60.

Thank you all.

We did not take a walk for a couple reasons. One..Fred was heaving more this morning the usual. And two..major thunderstorm with torrential downpours. So I am going to clean house today instead.

Congrats to all that are doing so well!

It's OK, we switched to the power cord on the Omron and I'm still getting variations. I know my pulse rate can speed up, just not why it sometimes does & sometimes doesn't at the times I'm checking. That's partly why we decidedc to use it with the power cord until the end of this week when the results go in to the ARNP.

Heidi, 8 months is quite an accomplishment! And frozen is custard is better for you than regular ice cream. I'm a great believer in having small rewards to avoid a catastrophe.

Yesterday I did 10:00 treadmill, 10:00 arm cycle, 5:00 minutes rowing, and 15:00 bike, weight machines, ball sit ups, P.T., and stretching.

Today: 20:00 treadmill, 16:00 bike, 10:00 arm cycle, 5:00 row, weight machines, ball sit ups, and stretching.

I picked up a pair of gloves to help get a better grip on weights and prevent callouses. At the beginning of the month I'm planning on picking up some heavier dumbbells for working with while I watch television (the pair I've had for a few years are only 5lbs). I've already invested in a new workout ball and a set of resistance bands, now I just need to clear a space to work with them! :thumb:

Picked up 10 pounds of chicken fajita mix at the local Mexican market for .99 cents a pound. It has protein and vegetables, low in fat, has flavor but not drowning in salt, and is easy to cook. I have a bunch of zip lock baggies and will stick individual portions in the freezer for future use. I don't usually bother with tortillas (a waste of calories) or the trimmings (fattening and not really necessary). Now I won't feel deprived and grab $5 and run off to Carl's Junior to binge on hamburgers - it really works well for me!

I did a mile swim today! :thumb: I started out with 15 minutes treadmill, 10 minutes arm cycle, 6 minutes rowing, 5 more on the treadmill, and 15 on the bike. Then I moved onto the weight machines. I skipped P.T. and stretching and went to the pool. Someone had overfilled it since my last swim and so the slightest disturbance sent water sloshing over the side of the pool; needless to say pool P.T. was cut drastically short since the water was too deep. As I started my second lap I knew I was in trouble - the arm cycle totally wore out my arms. So I imagined you all cheering from the poolside and did more backstroke than usual since that wasn't affected. I had to pop out of the pool twice and it took me nearly 1.5 hours but I did it!

Congrats, Lynette! I'm thrilled to think that our cheerleading squad helped you to "go the distance", and then some! :o

Hope your arm is improved, Holly. :D

Tracy, I'm getting a bit fed up with my (to me) lack of progress - thanks for asking. :D Liz (my physiotherapist) still says I'm doing well, and reminds me that the accident could so easily have killed me. That does put some perspective on things ... but even that is wearing thin. My house has never looked so badly kept - and I'm still very limited in what I can do about it. Even DH is getting a little fed up - I think he's never seen me this impatient and snippy. :thumb:

However, yesterday I walked to the vets to pick up meds for the cats. The heat was oppressive, but I made it there and back. Total walking time was about 25 mins. Then I flaked out on the couch for an hour or so!

Holly, the heat and humidity are terrible here - the poor cats haven't had a garden outing for at least a couple of weeks. I'm just going stir-crazy and seeing as I haven't driven since the accident - well, I wanted some exercise, the cats needed their meds, and I couldn't stay in the house another minute without losing it! I took a parasol which helped to give me shade - but it couldn't combat the torrid air, and I'm sure I shouldn't have gone out at all. But I still have my sanity! So to speak ... :p

Today: 30 minutes treadmill, 10 bike, 5 arm cycle, 6 rowing, weight machines, ball crunches, P.T., 1 mile in pool. I left 5 hours after setting the chronograph as I stepped onto the treadmill.

It's looking like there won't be Boot Camp this Saturday since it is a state holiday with a lot of family activity taking place and this weeks teacher is on vacation. I suppose it might go ahead if last week's teacher feels inclined to take it on, but the manager doesn't believe class will take place.

I am not doing any formal exercise today. We are having three unexpected house guest staying overnight on Saturday. So I have many things to accomplish before then. That will be my form of exercise for the next couple days.

We already planned out bagels and cream cheese for breakfast (they have to leave at 4am) and home made pizzas. I have a pizza stone. So they can all make their own pizzas.

OMG! Everyone is doing so well. I haven't been on here in ages! Steve and I have been bad and haven't been to the gym since April. We are still continuing to eat low fat and low sodium meals and have been for 16 months now, since his heart attack. Thankfully we haven't put any weight on since we stopped exercising. Reason for not going to the gym......we bought a house and have been slowly moving into it. Going from a 934 sq. ft. mobile home to a 2240 sq. ft. house is keeping us fit. Having a staircase to climb, carrying boxes, is a serious workout. We've been toting furniture too! Steve has gone from mowing 1/4 of an acre to 1 and 1/2 acres and all the rooms have LOTS more area to clean. Once we are totally moved in (which I hope is soon) and settled we will get back to the gym. And I'm actually looking forward to it.

lyn