Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

I have no idea what torture my Mr. Eye Candy trainer has in store for me today, but I'm wondering how often I can 'lose my balance' and fall into him before he figures out what I'm up to? :hmm:
:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

My bicycle started acting up last night on the way to water aerobics. My friend with considerably more cycling experience says it's probably the ball bearings. I didn't even know it had ball bearings, but I wondered when the pedals seized up and wouldn't turn for several minutes. I'm a little nervous about riding it anywhere for fear it will do it again. Sigh. So much for having a form of transportation.

• 3 weeks later...

Tracy, how have you done with the P90x? Did you ever get through all 90 days? I just started it on Monday and I've lost 5 lbs already. I don't do the plyometrics or the yoga or the kenpo, I use the "Just Sweat Mode" of Just Dance on the Wii for those days. I was a little sore after doing chest & back, and shoulders & arms on Monday and Wednesday but Friday's legs and back are KILLING me. I didn't feel it after i did the workout yesterday, but i sure feel it today! I could barely get out of bed this morning. LOL

• Like 1

Jeffrey, I know what you mean. DH & I went paddling our tandem kayak Thursday, only went about five miles upriver & back, and felt fine. By last night everything HURT! so bad I couldn't get to sleep until early this AM. Of course, it's the first time we've been on the water in over a year... Just goes to show what different sets of muscles we use for different forms of exercise!

Jeffery yes I have completed it 3 times all together. I just started it again 3 weeks ago. If you work the entire program as it shows in your body faster. Also if you continue the workouts everyday it helps with the soreness. I have health issues so I modify some moves. If you are doing plyo, it sounds like you are doing the classic version. I started with the lean muscle schedule. I always suggest people to start that one if they haven't done any serious workouts in a while. It's a lifestyle which was why I became a coach. It helps me stay accountable. I just got Insanity ( ShaunT ) I think I may start that next. I was sick from sept - dec of last year and did no workouts. Now, I'm trying to play catch up and get my body back to where it was.

yeah Im doing the classic version. Ive gotten 4 weeks into the program once before but then i kind of fell off the wagon.but i really want to get through all 90 days. Legs and back is really the only workout that gives me a problem but im sure the soreness will go away once i get used to it. i can't really do the plyometrics because i live on the second floor and im a pretty big guy, the poor old woman in the apartment downstairs would think there was an earthquake if i started jumping around. LOL i like playing Just Dance on the cardio days. its more fun for me because its still a workout but its more of a game too.

There is no plyo if you do the lean version. ;) I have bad knees which gets better when I lose weight again. You can do it Jeff! I haven't even talked about all of the health things I have going on. I know if I can do it, anyone can. People can look at me and not see what issues I have but all of my docs commend me ( or think I'm crazy) when I tell them I was able to complete p90x and that it was what help me keep fit. It is the one thing that makes me smile everyday cause so many people don't or won't take the challenge.

Look at Lynette, she just made the decision that she was gonna lose the weight and all of these months later, she is still at it. Dollhouse peeps are tough.im so inspired by the many aspects of my mini friends lives. Thank you for telling me you are doing P90X. Have you tried the Shakeology? I started using it this round and it's making a difference for me. I like the tropical one. I have a link to it in my signature ;)

A friend of mine gave me a USB memory stick with the videos and an excel version of the worksheets on it. I don't have the actual program in DVD form with all the paperwork. Im not sure if I have the lean version because I haven't ever looked through all the videos.

oh ok so the lean version is all the same videos, just on a different schedule. I'm going to stick with the classic for now. wish me luck! week 2 starts tomorrow. I didn't do anything yesterday or today because i couldnt move my legs much but tomorrow i'll be ready for chest and back!

I'm sooo loving my foam roller for muscle massage. Especially leg muscles. My IT band was so sore at first I couldn't do the hip to knee roll at all. But using body weight only and resting on the really sore spots for about 20-30 seconds before moving the roller is working wonders. I thought the comparisons to a professional massage were a lot of hype, but not now. The rollers aren't pricey; get the 36" one (the 18" is fine for me as I'm small and it was on sale), but it isn't long enough to do a good back/shoulder massage); and be sure to get one with a non-slip surface.

• Like 1

day 17/90 10 lbs down 60 to go. 29 lbs down since 1/1/12. dont know that ill lose the other 60 by the end of the program but i dont care as long as i get there someday.

• Like 2