Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Two days ago, Shy Spirit and I decided that we would try and go for a walk around the same time everyday in order to improve our lives. Not major exercise right now, just a simple walk around the block. Now, because we live in different cities, we decided to encourage each other on this forum <_< (it started in another topic - I feel so sad right now).

We started yesterday morning, and both succeeded, despite the not so nice weather. So, I decided to start a new topic here so that anyone can record their triumphs or tribulations of any type of daily exercise, or just encourage those of us trying to make our lives a little bit better through exercise.

Please feel free to join in - the more the better. And for those of you not able/wanting to take part, we would still appreciate any words of encouragement you might have :p !

Liza,

This is a great idea! Thanks to you and Rosalind! I will have to report back later, but I will! This will help keep me on track, as I have been finding it very easy to skip exercise lately.

Thanks!

The thanks go to Rosalind - it was her idea to start with!

As we are leaving shortly to go on the road for a couple of weeks, I want to wish y'all the best. The weather will be too yuck to do the paddling we had wanted to, and the waterways will all be at flood stagfe afterwards (too dangerous); HOWEVER the purpose of the trip is for me to atempt as much of the Panhandle Trace Hike (110 miles in 9 days, from the AL State Line S to Navarre Beach, hang a right & on out to Ft Pickens) as I can manage; last time was 2 years ago & I barely survived the first day's 8+ miles; that following December I got a cardiac pacemaker within a few minutes of my heart totally stopping; now I feel mMUCH better!lol

I'll report back either as we get internet access or when we get home again, whichever comes first.

As we are leaving shortly to go on the road for a couple of weeks, I want to wish y'all the best. The weather will be too yuck to do the paddling we had wanted to, and the waterways will all be at flood stagfe afterwards (too dangerous); HOWEVER the purpose of the trip is for me to atempt as much of the Panhandle Trace Hike (110 miles in 9 days, from the AL State Line S to Navarre Beach, hang a right & on out to Ft Pickens) as I can manage; last time was 2 years ago & I barely survived the first day's 8+ miles; that following December I got a cardiac pacemaker within a few minutes of my heart totally stopping; now I feel mMUCH better!lol

I'll report back either as we get internet access or when we get home again, whichever comes first.

Take care Holly!

Just got back from my walk! It is quite brisk out there, with the temperature at the freezing point and a bit of a wind, but I made it around the block.

The way I have decided to do things is that I have breakfast with DD, as others have generally already eaten by then, we sit for a little while with our budgie, Sammy, until it's time to get ready. Then I walk with her to her bus stop. While there, we talk and sometimes act silly trying to keep warm. Just as the bus comes, I continue on my walk around the corner.

It's only been two days now, but I think that my DD really likes the extra attention she gets. She even told my DH last night that I now have to go for a walk every morning when she goes to school!

Holly, have a great trip and take care! You're such an inspiration . . . I don't know anybody else who makes exercise a part of their vacation! You go girl!!

Well, I was walking 2 miles everyday with my Leslie Sansone DVDs until I got one heck of a cold/flu. That laid me up for two weeks and then just when I was getting better my back went out. That's laid me up for another week. Cold/flu is over and back is feeling fine, so I'm going to attempt my walk today. I'd also been doing strength training three times a week . . . very important for those bones and muscles! I'm going to wait another week though before attempting to lift weights . . . don't want to put my back out again!

So all in all, when I'm feeling fine, I do 2 miles with Leslie Sansone, 2 miles walking the dogs when the weather is fine and this I do every day. Then three times a week I do the strength training. Should be back in fine form in another week or so! I also swim a couple days a week and do yoga. No wonder I'm exhausted! LOL!!

I think exercise is so important for a person spiritually, emotionally and physically. Kudos to everyone out there who goes for a walk today!! <_<

I am going to count my PT as exercise because it feels like it. LOL

I had an hour session today. I had to do lots of stretching of my stomach muscles today. LOTS. But they did not protest as much as they did last week. I did not break a sweat at first like last time so he added a bunch more for me to do. 10 min on exercise bike and 50 mins of intensive stretching. He did the pressy thing on my back again but not as much as before. He said my back is going back into alignment rather quickly. I do not feel like a pile of goo either..LOL

I have watched the Yoga Dvds and I am going to try the beginners one tomorrow.

Also if you go to ExtraPounds.com you can keep a log (which I have been doing since I started this workout stuff in January. I only have the Chart in my signature for today and then I am removing it (It's too big I think and look too distracting) but so far, I have lost 8 pounds. I also started a DVD workout program yesterday P90X..... I'll let you all know how that goes cause I'll tell you, even though it's my 2nd day, every muscle I have in my body HURTS ;) but I want faster results than I get normally going to the gym doing Body Pump & Body Combat classes. I also walk on my treadmill every evening or I go to the gym and walk around the track there for about an hour. 2 weeks ago, I started eating differently so, I'll get it off slowly but surely.

I hope everyone else reap success getting healthy this year too. It does not matter if it's for mental health or physical health or both! This was one of my goals for this year and I am determined to do it this time!!

:)

I had a rather hectic day today - but I did get my exercise in - it was a frosty morning! :) I think I can tell a difference already - I feel a bit more revved than usual. Yes, I'm tired a lot - but even though I'm still feeling tired ... there is a difference. A little exercise can work wonders. ;)

Holly, have a wonderful holiday - looking forward to reading your bulletins from the hike. :)

I'm so glad others are feeling encouraged to join us - the Greenleaf family is super. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's walk! Liza, "see you" out there!

Congratulations to all of you!! Keep it up! I started out just walking back in January and have moved on up (Though I am so sore right now :) ) I have a class tomorrow at the Bishop Show so I will only walk tomorrow but Thursday, I'll do day 3 of P90X (No, not for BIG muscles like Arnold :) I am doing the "Lean" program :) ) It hurts to even sit in the chair right now!!! ;) Are you all sore? When I first started walking I was sore and then I stopped being sore from walking so I knew it was time to do more.

Got my walk in again this morning. Don't want to increase the distance yet, so I walked a little bit faster. Then just spent 20 min adding more spackle to the outside walls of the Buttercup.

I think that I am going to like this routine because it means that I can say that I have accomplished something by 9 am, no matter what else I get done that way. And, it keeps my house(s) moving along and my daughter seems to really enjoy the company!

Got my walk in again this morning. Don't want to increase the distance yet, so I walked a little bit faster. Then just spent 20 min adding more spackle to the outside walls of the Buttercup.

I think that I am going to like this routine because it means that I can say that I have accomplished something by 9 am, no matter what else I get done that way. And, it keeps my house(s) moving along and my daughter seems to really enjoy the company!

Congrats! That is great! Isn't it funny how one small change can affect so many other aspects of life? I LOVE that!

Got my walk in this morning already, so that we can meet friends at the museum this afternoon to play. :hug: I hate to leave my Spring Fling, but really I need to step away from it for a little while. I am obsessed lately!

I haven't taken my walk yet today - I feel very guilty about that. :hug: The fact is, it's pelting down rain this morning, and I hurt a lot more in this weather. I WILL take a walk today - I'm just hoping the rain will ease up a little, so I don't have to get soaked to the skin in the process. (I use an umbrella, but the wind whips the rain around, and it still gets you.) Will post here again after my walk.

I haven't taken my walk yet today - I feel very guilty about that. :hug: The fact is, it's pelting down rain this morning, and I hurt a lot more in this weather. I WILL take a walk today - I'm just hoping the rain will ease up a little, so I don't have to get soaked to the skin in the process. (I use an umbrella, but the wind whips the rain around, and it still gets you.) Will post here again after my walk.

If it's too miserable to go outside, just do laps around the house for 5-10 minutes. I remember someone on tv years ago saying that it was a great way to get exercise, especially if you include going up and down the stairs! And, don't feel guilty!

Well, I did a lot of running around in the house today, and was on my feet most of the day and night - so that will have to do. It doesn't give the same feeling as going for a nice walk! I really miss that good feeling - I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. I WILL have that walk. (Thanks for telling me not to feel guilty, Liza.) :lol:

Exercise is a rejuvinator. I try to do a mile or two every day on the treadmill. Ours has hills and valleys. After I do my walk at 3 mph I feel great! Then I can jump into doing anything I want except housework....I'm way too tired for that, but not too tired to play! Have a fabulous trip Holly! Be careful!

Got my walk in again, plus I did some leg stretches while waiting with my daughter for her school bus to come.

On a side note, yesterday, my dr said that I was looking a lot better, even if moods are still swingy.

Come on people, get out there for even a short time! You CAN do it!

I DID do it! I got that walk around the block, and feel so much better for it. (My legs are complaining, but they will thank me when they're in better shape.) This walk is great - a slight incline to begin with, then a slight decline, then a slight incline to finish. I'm working lots of different muscles.

Plus, today the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the squirrels are busily digging up their larders ... all's well with the world. :)

C'mon everybody, as Liza says - You CAN do it! :thumb: