Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Got my walk in, and some stretches at the bus stop. It has rapidly become a mother/daughter time alone for my daughter, so it looks like what Rosalind started is a win-win situation in my house. Although, the legs are tired by the time I get home!

Then I work on spackling my Buttercup (a long process over many days) before I come to my laptop.

And, every morning we check out our flowerbeds to see what has poked through the ground - starting to see more and more bulbs coming up every day!

It is supposed to rain a lot this afternoon and most of the day tomorrow and, being the weeked, I will have to see if I can still manage to get my lazy behind out the door for a walk!

Another rainy day ... but I walked - not as far, but I walked!

I'm so glad that you and your daughter are making this a really special experience, Liza. :)

Anybody else getting their exercise today?

I did it. :) I got out of my nice warm bed and went for a quick walk around the block in the damp, cold drizzle. But at least I can say to myself that I did go on a Saturday, so there is hope for the weekends yet!

I'm proud of you Liza! That is "true grit" and determination. And your body will appreciate it too! We are having only a 20% chance of rain/snow today, so will suit up soon and walk down the hill to the neighbor's house and then walk back up the hill - 37% grade - and then get things ready to take to the dump, then back home and walk back down the hill and back up again for good measure.

I'm proud of you Liza! That is "true grit" and determination. And your body will appreciate it too! We are having only a 20% chance of rain/snow today, so will suit up soon and walk down the hill to the neighbor's house and then walk back up the hill - 37% grade - and then get things ready to take to the dump, then back home and walk back down the hill and back up again for good measure.

Thanks, Wolfie, that means so much coming from you. However, I must admit that when I got back home, I changed out of my wet stuff back into p.j.'s and my warm bed. DH almost always brings us breakfast in bed on the weekends, and he is getting it ready right now! (Yep, I'm spoiled in some ways!)

Hugs,

Good for you Liza and Rosalind! I did walk yesterday, but just got in 1 mile, as we finally took Sushi to the Neurologist in Yorktown. They think they have a diagnosis for him, and it's treatable! YAY! :) We just have to wait a week or so for the bloodwork results to be sure. I am really tired today, but am going to get on the treadmill in a few. Even if it's just leisurely, I'll still get the de-stress benefits of listening to my music. :D

Hope everyone has a great day! Enjoy your breakfast Liza!

That's great, Liza - you've earned your breakfast in bed! I haven't got out yet :D ... but I'm going to. :D

Gina, you are an inspiration - you must be very healthy, too. :D

Traci, so glad to hear the good news for Sushi! "Just one mile" is a good walk in my books. :)

Wow Wolfie! I missed these numbers before! That's quite a hike! I am still working on doing my 5% incline without being winded. You are strong! :)

Got my walk in already :o . I was awake, so I figured 'why not?'

Found out that we got a dusting of snow overnight, but it should melt as soon as it warms up a little bit. But that wind! Coming back around the block towards home it was soo windy, which made it feel colder that it was (freezing point) :ph34r: .

Wow, Liza! That was early, and in the cold... GREAT JOB!

Rosalind, thanks for your sweet comments yesterday!

Finally just made myself get up and do it. I'm glad that I did, but it was really hard today for some reason. I am feeling really tired lately, and just want to sit around. But, that makes me even more happy that I didn't!

Happy day to you all!

As long as we can "report back" here, we're not really alone. :)

My walks are happening later each day - but at least they're still happening. It's a cooold one out there! (Going out shortly.)

Glad I got my walk in earlier this morning.

In the last half hour since I got back, it has gone from a few snowflakes falling to almost everything is white and it is still coming down! It's supposed to melt this afternoon, but right now there is more snow out there than I care to see in April, and it's supposed to be like this on and off all week :rolleyes: as the temperature hovers around the freezing point - sometimes rain, sometimes snow.

Lots of snow falling here through the night (it started out as rain) and all through the day. Freezing out there! I didn't brave the outdoors for a walk - I was up and down the stairs over and over all day - doing housework as I went. I think I got my fair share of exercise today. :p

I thought of Wolfie trudging up and down the hill, bearing home-made bread to her neighbour ... I think she's a lot stronger than me. :rolleyes:

Anyone else "reporting in"?

Today was my off day (I still walked 3 miles on my tread mill though) I am doing a DVD work out program where I have a different work out every day. Today marks a week that I started this new program and I have lost inches!!! I had on a jacket yesterday that was fitting VERY loose. I had not even tried it back on in over a month because I was feeling like I was stuffed into it.

Liza, I am so proud of you. You are doing GREAT!! Rosalind, housework IS exercise!! Turn on music while you do it and you'll burn more calories too :rolleyes: Keep it up!! Traci, I am proud of you too!! Tomorrow I start again on a different workout. I am actually looking forward to it. My husband can't believe I am as dedicated to getting it done as I am because He used to be the one to encourage me to do it. This year, I have been fussing at him cause he won't do anything. Saturday he worked out with me and he is still sore :lol: It feels good to hear him tell me how proud he is off me too. He never has complained about my weight gain ever. He actually don't want me to get as small as my goal weight is (I think I won't be able to get that far down in weight but I also have a dress size I plan on being in by June so I am mostly looking at the inches than the weight). I have also been drinking more water.

'll post tomorrow after my work out! :p

Got my walk in with my DD today, as usual. It was snowing enough to have to put boots on again! Then, after she got on the bus and I continued around the block, the wind hit me in the face :) - it felt even colder then and I was out of breath by the time I turned the next corner and was out of the wind.

Worked on my Buttercup after that - decided on scrapbooking wallpaper and started making templates. Will have to post pictures soon, as I really like how it is slowly coming along. However, not having the proper light fixtures may hold everything up again, unless I can see a way to work around that for now.

I waited until now to post here - hoping to get some kind of exercise in today. I have to "report" that I overdid things yesterday, and my back has been pretty bad today. (I was actually helping my parents move things about yesterday, so I was carrying small tables, lamps, framed pictures, etc. up and down the stairs.) I had to take things easy today - the good news is I was able to sit at the table and do a dry-fit on the Spring Fling! My back is easing up, so tomorrow I will try a strolling walk. May not get around the block - on the other hand, I may go even further!

Liza, you are doing great - I'm really proud of you too! :thumb: I'll look forward to seeing some Buttercup pics.

Traci, you're so right about listening to music while you work. I enjoy doing the dishes so much more when I can croon along with the Beatles, Elvis, or Nat King Cole, or my "Best of the 60's" CDs. I really admire the dedication you have - three miles is an "off" day??? You must be in pretty good shape already. :yes:

Oh Rosalind, thank you for posting even if you had to take it easy yesterday. Take care of your back! My mother was born with back problems and has had trouble all of her life, so I know that it can be difficult to do anything when your back hurts.

Thank you to those who have given me words of encouragement. It was starting to feel like this topic was my personal accountability to keep up the daily walks. Guess it wasn't that interesting of a topic for others after all. Even if it ends up just being daily boring posts from me, I will still post. It may be boring, but then others just don't have to read it, and having this topic reminds me to walk and why I walk everyday!

My friend got her membership to the gym! Yeah!

We are going to go three times a week in the evening. We will start with a half an hour and work up to more as we go along. We are not allowed to punk out unless of sickness or appt or etc. If we miss one of those three days we have to make it up on the weekend.

Our first trip will be this Friday.

Today is my last PT session..Thank God! Cause he keeps adding stuff and I am in so much pain from yesterday.

Didn't get to exercise yesterday, it just seemed like the fates were against it. It had me stressed for a while, but I decided to let it go and felt much better. DS's chocolate chip cookies were a nice mood enhancer, also!

Today I did 2 miles and am ready to run errands. Probably going to check out a new dollhouse shop along the way! Looking forward to it, except there is no $$$ for minis right now! :thumb: