Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

I ate so much yogurt when I was in my early 20's that I can still taste it. I hardly eat it anymore, I guess I got sick of it.

Between the serious lack of sleep I've been having lately, which left me drained, and my son's exams week, where I had to keep stopping everything to pick him up at school, I've done no Wii for the last couple of weeks.

During exams week the local high school says they only have to show up for whatever exam they have that day and that's it.

Going to the gym this morning and bringing Natalie with me. i do not know if Fred is coming also. I needed a break yesterday. I really cannot do every day yet. I had pain.

It is going to start warming up in the next couple of days so we can resume our walks outside.

After a couple days hiatus..we are going to walk the big hill again today. It snowed yesterday but it was warm enough that everything melted. We will be safe..if it looks too badly out there then we will go to the gym.

I've been so bad and have not done any exercise in who knows how long. I need to start walking again, but it is cold outside and I get cold very easily. Guess I'll have to get my behind on the exercise bike soon. Also, we have been doing a lot of running around over the past month or so between the kids' activities and health issues.

Hello Everyone!! Haven't been on here since November 12th!! Haven't done a heck of a lot of exercising either. Shortly after the last time I was on here, my daughter and I came down with this nasty cough and cold. Never shook it until the beginning of December. No exercising the weeks I was sick.

Steve didn't go for those 4 weeks either. But I guess he got his exercise. Deer hunting season here in Vermont starts 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving. He was out every morning @ 4:30AM to go traipsing in the woods for 8 or 9 hours. He also went hunting the 1st two weeks in December. It's a different kind of deer season, with a muzzle loader instead of a rifle. So, he didn't go exercise for those 2 weeks either. Then he came down with the nasty cough and cold and had that until just before Christmas.

We got in 4 or 5 days of exercise in November and December combined. NOT GOOD! January was pretty much a wash too. We went 5 times in the whole month. So far in February we haven't gone at all. I can't get Steve out of bed in the mornings to go. I knew this would happen. I told him that he would slack off if we didn't continue to go to the Cardio Gym. And he told me back last July when I said that, that I would be wrong. Wish I had made a bet with him now......I'd be rich!!!

Guess I will just have to start going alone, even as much as I hate Planet Fitness!! We both put on weight around the Holidays. (Don't know exactly how much because our new digital scale that we got last April doesn't work anymore). I feel tired most of the time and don't want to do anything. I hate feeling this way. I felt so much better when we were exercising. I had so much energy and was getting up in the mornings to start my day, instead of sleeping until noon like we used to and are doing again! (Of course part of that is because Steve works until 1AM and I wait up for him. We also don't go to bed until 2 or 2:30AM. He's too wound from work to go right to bed when he gets home).

Maybe I will try walking in our Mall too. We have the same thing here. We can get into the Mall at 6AM. Two circuits around the Mall is one mile. Certainly don't want to walk outside, the weather has been realllly cold around here lately.

Oh Lyn..you grab hubby and jump back on that horse!

It will really suck the first time you have to drive to PF but once you are there..it will all come back to you. I get upset now when I do not exercise. Our weather has been kinda stinky so I have not been able to walk outside. We have been doing the treadmill.

We will be your cheerleaders! Go Lyn Go! :)

We are members of our local Planet Fitness and we both love it. Ours really IS a judgement free zone. There are people of all ages and sizes there. What is it about the place that you do not like?

If it is because it is too busy..see if you can go another time when it is less busy.

I go at 10am. Many people have left and there is no fighting for the machines.

Heidi,

Guess what! We actually went to PF today. I felt really good after we got through. Steve even said thata he's missed exercising. Now I just have to keep him motivated.

Planet Fitness really isn't that busy whenever we go. We usually get there around 11AM and work out for about an hour and 20 minutes. The only reason I don't like it is because no one is the least bit friendly. We say hello to the people on the machines around us and they look at us like we have 3 heads.

Steve brings headphones with him and I have been bringing a book for the treadmill and the elliptical. Makes the time go by faster.

lyn

I need to vent.

I have been a bit overwhelmed lately. Stuff with the girls (kinda major but nothing to worry about.), 3 month date of quitting smoking is HELL (i want one sooo badly..i wont but omg it has been a daily struggle not to smoke), and my weight.

Since the surgery, I gained 30 lbs. That was a combo of quitting smoking and not being able to do anything for 2 months. During that time I could not wear any of my jeans because they hurt the incision. Well guess what? None of my jeans fit! Now to put a bigger picture on this..I was already wayyyyyy overweight. Way! It never bothered me in the sense of my appearance before. I was never a Mirror stalker or scale jumper. My clothes fit, I wore the same size for years. Yeah, I needed to lose weight but I had a positive spin on it.

Now it has come to my attention that I need to go up a size in jeans. I refuse. I will not do it. NOT! If I have to wear a potato sack to run my errands, so be it. Because I am not going up.

So that is depressing to me. My self image is in the toilet right now.

It keeps snowing and Fred is becoming kind of lax in walking with me (kinda means that we have not gone since the last time I said). Today he told me that I did NOT have to wait for him to go walk or go to the gym. When I get up at 6am to feed the animals, instead of going on the computer..I could go for my 2 mile walk or go to the gym. Do not wait for him anymore. Because he is going to go to the gym after work.

I lost it folks. I was crying like a baby. I have had so much going on lately (most likely depression settling in because of it all) and I interpret it that I do not have my walking partner anymore. I will have to do it all by myself. No one to chat with. I do not own an iPod (and do not have the extra money to buy one)..so it will be alot of solitary time. Time to think. Right now, the way that I am feeling..time to think is not good.

He could not understand why I was so upset!

I am in my walking clothes and I just do not have any want to go anywhere today. I guess I will try again tomorrow. Supposedly, I should not go on the computer first thing in the morning (when I am drinking my coffee and waking up)..I should be putting on my exercise clothes (if you can call them that) and be out there with the birds.

Thanks for letting me vent. One less thing to think about.

I know just how you feel Heidi. My self-esteem has taken a punch. I quit smoking 1 and a half years ago and now I am the biggest I have ever been and since I am only 5 foot it shows. The good news is that they started a Weight Watchers meeting at the hospital where I work so me and 2 other girls from my office started on Wednesday for 17 weeks. I got the WII active exercise game for Valentines and just maybe I will break it open tomorrow. I tried that stupid thigh thing that comes with it and it barely fits, that depresses you even more. I just hate that I gained so much weight. I have never been skinny after having my son 24 years ago but I never would have dreamed of being this weight.

I have fight everyday not to start back smoking so try and lose the weight and I am determined not to. I would hate to start the expense up again. I am actually able to save some money not smoking.

I wish you all the best in the world and cheer up, you are not alone.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the gym yesterday with Natalie. Today I am going to take my mile walk. I do not know if I will have company or if I will be on my own. We will see. How is everyone else doing?

Monday Aerobics and Monday is also a spinning class (2 hours)

Tuesday is Pilates or Yoga

Wednesday Aerobics

Thursday ZUMBA and intense workout called beach body

Friday off unless we go to the gym to walk on the treadmill

Saturday intense workout and if I am off I add a ZUMBA class

Sunday off unless we go to the gym to walk on the treadmill

Wow Jen..you got it going huh?

I have ventured into the elliptical machine and doing the weight machines. I just am being careful with my back. I HATE that it takes so long to actually see results of the work.

I am not patient in that respect.

I did not know if I should put this on here or give it it`s own thread.

Yesterday I purchased the Wii Just Dance. It is the most fun I have had in awhile and you are actually getting a work out! Here is a youtube video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6d74heKryc

I think it is going to end up just like Guitar Hero where they put out different ones with different dances. It has lots of songs and it is FUN!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to do something I thought I'd never do - join a GYM! After living for several years right behind one and loathing hearing the transferred aerobics music and the shrill-voiced female drill sergeant who ran those classes all summer long (they'd open a door for ventilation and OY! we up the hill had the classes whether we wanted them or not), I really swore a deadly oath against Bally's.

However, things look a little different when you're desperate to lose *mumble-mumble* many pounds and even though you've done everything possible diet-wise, those pounds are still not going away. So, there is a 24-hour gym in Cle Elum (the closest thing that passes for a town to where I live - three miles away) and after having a long heart-to-heart with one of the owners, I am going to join. Annual fee is very reasonable and there is a group of folks who come in nearly every day early in the morning, which is when I'd be most likely to go, who are all a bit (or more) overweight, serious about getting fit, and very supportive of each other, as well as a semi-retired fitness trainer who comes in nearly every day and generally helps folks figure out what they need to do.

When I asked this woman if a "middle-aged fat lady" would be embarrassed to be there, she just about hurt herself laughing. Well, I knew I'd be uncomfortable if their clientele was mostly Schwarzenegger wannabe's! But apparently that's not the case, and it does sound like I'll fit right in.

I'll pay my $$$ right after the first and go at least 3-4 times a week, and here's hoping I'll be a lot smaller and LOT more fit in the near future!

Oh, I can make that promise very easily! When I was slender and healthy, I was also pretty muscular and therefore weighed more than I thought I should. Thought I was "fat" and felt awful - the way only a very young woman can. Looking back at pictures of myself then, I had nothing to complain about, and nowadays I know better.

I have no desire to be young, skinny, and gorgeous - that's long gone and can't be gotten back, and I don't know that I'd want it now anyway. I DO want to be fit and physically confident the way I remember being twenty years ago, and that I CAN get back.

BTW, Holly - goooood to see you again! I finally got my internet service back, and OMG, the catching up I have to do here!

...BTW, Holly - goooood to see you again! I finally got my internet service back, and OMG, the catching up I have to do here!
It's wonderful to have you back home, too! I hate it when our family members drop off and wonder what RL's doing to them!

Fred and I walked our 1.5 mile route yesterday and today. He has been dragging my butt because I have been lazy about it. I was doing good and then I got sick. So it was 3 weeks without going for walk or the gym. So I got lazy.

I did notice something though. My back does not hurt as much as it used to when I walk long distance. So it is healing even more!

I'm so glad for those of us who are pro-active now! I'm still dealing with the after-effects of the car accident I was in. (Walker and cane.) Not to complain, just to explain ... I have some disc trouble, caused by the fractured verterbrae - plus intermittent vertigo, caused (so I'm informed) by head trauma during the accident. I would love to be more active, and am very frustrated because I am hobbling around like an old woman! :wub: I was buying a sheet set for my just-turned-twenty-three-years-old son the other day, and the man behind the counter (who, by the way, was much older than me) asked my son if I was his grandmother!!!! I was temporarily speechless.