Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

I found a buddy ...

Except for my wonderful GL family here, I can't seem to find a local RL person to do things with.

I'm so overbooked with "stuff" that I can't find folks who are available in the middle of the night to chat over coffee or go for a walk or shopping together. It's just a really odd time of the day to get together with friends but it's the only time I have free. Go figure.

• Like 1

Selkie I know how you feel. I actually meet a lot of my neighbors even though we are spread out over a large space out here in the desert.
I walk everyday with my dog and meet people that way....but.....most of them only live here for short periods of time and they leave in the fall. By the time winter rolls around most people are gone! I don't really see anyone after the walk though they all take off for their day and I have my friends here in the forum, which is great but it would be nice to have people to do things with. The woman I walked with today told me she is headed back to Texas at the end of the month. That's how it is here. Oh well , I have my fur friend and my Forum friends :)

Selkie I know how you feel. ...... Oh well , I have my fur friend and my Forum friends :)

I don't have any furry friends either. :weep: I used to but what with working in our own business, raising grandchildren, and dealing with arthritis, kidney disease and breathing issues, I have no extra energy left for one more responsibility such as a pet even though I'd love the companionship. I have to stick with stuffed teddy bears for now. :bear: . I've found that 3 AM just isn't popular with too many folks to socialize with friends. Fortunately the forum is always open and that means I can gawk at pictures at 3 AM or read posts and no one here cares a bit or thinks it's unusual. Yeah GL family.

I don't have any furry friends either. :weep: I used to but what with working in our own business, raising grandchildren, and dealing with arthritis, kidney disease and breathing issues, I have no extra energy left for one more responsibility such as a pet even though I'd love the companionship. I have to stick with stuffed teddy bears for now. :bear: . I've found that 3 AM just isn't popular with too many folks to socialize with friends. Fortunately the forum is always open and that means I can gawk at pictures at 3 AM or read posts and no one here cares a bit or thinks it's unusual. Yeah GL family.

One of the things I love about this forum is that there are members all over the world. When I'm sleeping, someone is up and doing minis somewhere else in the world and maybe posting for me to read when I'm having coffee in the AM! How cool is that! :D

• Like 2

This forum is my retreat and place to restore energy, especially since I have had a habit of waking up at about 3 in the mornings latley... Mostly the mind is spinning a yarn with work related stuff, but coming here gives another poiint of view of things :wub:

Hugs

I don't have any furry friends either. :weep:

Awwww Selkie I am sorry you don't have a fur friend. Maybe you could adopt a virtual pet online? I lost my sweet Kitty last year and I still miss the bugger. I have a dog now but I am a cat lover and I miss my buddy. My Diesel is a sweet companion though and he knows all my secrets now!

:hug: Hug for you!

I walked almost 2 miles today. After more rain my shoes weighted about 2 lbs more by the time I got home from all the mud stuck to them.

Anna, when I started dreaming about work (when I was working) I knew it was time to update my resume.

:( I dream about work way too much, have for years. I even still dream about past jobs. What's really bad, is when people are working in my house. I get up and look for them, look out windows, and sometimes start cleaning my bedroom for when they make it in there.

Anna, when I started dreaming about work (when I was working) I knew it was time to update my resume.

With this work and all that is going on in and around it (being a principal) with around 45-ish employees and 400 students and the support organisation thinned out along with budget cuts... Well it sures makes for some pondering! Thnk I still need totough it out for another year when I get the cetification of the three year principal programme as well, earning my golden needle...

Not really complaining but need to re-think some choices and which fights to take on

Hugs

After neglecting the garden for most of the summer, I've been outside pulling weeds and planting mums and pansies to enjoy for the next couple of months before we head southward. I'm finding muscles I'd forgotten I had and wincing with every movement I take. Thank goodness I know it won't last forever -- and Mother Nature gave me a break by sending some well-spaced rain showers that gave me a few breaks. Once the muscles have fallen into line, I hope I can keep up some kind of exercise regimen to keep them in line.

If it doesn't rain there are a few interlopers that have made their appearance along one of the driveway seams I want to remove. I also have to call and change the pacemaker appointment, since it conflicts with our Paddlers' Rendezvous trip.

I'm going to jump in here on this conversation. I have walked 20 minutes today, 5 min slowly, 10 minutes a little faster, and 5 min slowly again, with a target heart rate to not go above 80 beats per minute.

I had a MI on Labor Day, and I am starting Cardiac Rehab tomorrow. I've been walking at the above pace as laid out by rehab in the hospital where I was treated, and will be walking and whatever else they determine I need to do from here on out. I have no idea what else besides walking I will be doing.

Because of the MI and the severe restrictions I have been, and continue to be under, I have not gotten a lot of mini work done. Mostly what I've done is make plans and patterns for furniture I want to scratch build. Those restrictions will surely begin to ease pretty soon, I hope!! I'm not unhappy about the no vacuuming and no sweeping though. LOL

Edited by ajere
  • Like 1

Holly, yes, I had a heart cath, balloon angioplasty and a stent placed in one artery. The rest of my arteries have some plaque build up, but well below what is considered dangerous. I am on blood thinners, and a bunch of other stuff. Thank you for asking!

Debora, Thank you. I have been so bored this last month, with all the restrictions on activity. I don't think I have ever been bored before, and it is not fun. LOL I can finally use the steps more than once a day, that helps because my doll house is in the basement. I am taking it slowly, but with the increase in energy and ability to actually do a little more my mood :D has improved a lot.

My cardio clinicals in Nursing School were the ones I had to work extra hard in, and after retirement I got a pacer, so this subject is near and dear to my heart (and that was intentional!) and I wasn't just being nosy. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, you really want to take it slow to get your body used to the meds and new ways of moving (and eating!); I think it was more than six months before I raised my left arm shoulder high, and nearly a year before I raised it up.

• Like 1

Debora, Thank you. I have been so bored this last month, with all the restrictions on activity. I don't think I have ever been bored before, and it is not fun. LOL I can finally use the steps more than once a day, that helps because my doll house is in the basement. I am taking it slowly, but with the increase in energy and ability to actually do a little more my mood :D has improved a lot.

You probably can't carry anything much yet but a box lid with some lightweight supplies, or a little thing of paint and some trim, or some other small project that you can sit on a table next to the comfy chair or couch works wonders. I sympathize, knowing what it's like to be "sick of being sick!" Long term convalescence is boring and lonely. Books (my Kindle), the little stuff, and my iPad made all the difference earlier this year when I was flat on my back with pneumonia. Hang in there and feel better soon! :)