Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Tracy, that sounds great!! Walking with someone is nice, and it's a lot more interesting than walking alone.

I didn't check in here the last few days, I did rehab on Friday and yesterday went to the Y and did 20 min on the treadmill and 10 min on the recumbent bike. Today is my day off. :)

• 2 months later...

Due to my curent health, I am unable to participate in a regular exercise regimen. So I get my exercise in, where and when I can.

Yesterday I did get out of the apartment twice, walking both times across the street to the grocery store, and around the grocery store, and the 99cent store :). (yes I had someone with me both times) There are days I am unable to get out of bed without assistance and am barely able to make the 15 steps the restroom unassisted. These days are particulary difficult for me, as I'm still young and not ready to give up that much of my freedom. So, I continue to fight! The reality is, this should have happened 20yrs ago, but the fact that it hasn't fully taken over yet, gives me hope that I may yet still win! =D.

~morningstar~

Daddy looked out the window on the morning I was born, while there were still stars in the sky and said "You, my daughter shall be named 'Morningstar'."

• 4 weeks later...

I finally returned to the gym yesterday after a 2 month lapse due to my latest stomach issues. I sure am paying for it today. I'm sore all over. I did finally reach 400 lbs. on the leg press. I was lifting almost twice as much when I was in middle school and 3 times as much in high school, but I guess I can't be 17 again. Not riding a bicycle everyday is a sure-fire way to loose leg muscle strength.

• 2 weeks later...

I work out at the gym 3 x a week. 1 mile on treadmill/1 mile on elliptical/ and then work on a region of my body like arms, back, or legs. 2x a week, Fred and I walk two miles outside (not now..too cold).

I eat low carb/low fat because of my fatty liver disease. So far I have lost 38 lbs total plus 2 clothing sizes (almost 3), 25 since I was diagnosed. I bought a Ninja pro blender to make juices and healthy smoothies. I do fall off the wagon occasionally. I am only human. But I have made an effort to make healthier food choices and say no to junk, take out, bread, pasta, rice, white potatoes, dairy, and sugar.

Lots of changes since I have been around.

• Like 1

I had detoxed off everything for 2 months and was free of all those things I mentioned. Then Thanksgiving and Christmas came. I was not *in it* long enough to be strong. So I have had hiccups but I just jump back on that horse with my next meal. It would be so much easier if everyone ate the way that I do. I do not eat beef or pork anymore because it upsets my liver.

• 1 month later...

I started walking again since it sort of warmed up. We do a mile a day for 3 days. There is a point at the end where we walk up and down the steep hill at our house. Gives your lungs a workout. I am much stronger than I used to be. Just need to stay away from the junk.

All of my friends seem and some family members seem to be on diets, so I am forced to think about my own eating and excerise habits. I live with three senior citizens in their 90s, so changing their diets (they still eat everything) is something I cannot do, which means temptation is all around me. So I decided to eat more sensible and in moderation; however, I may have to put a set plan in action.

As for exercise, I like walking - and as I said before somewhere, that is unfortunately ALL I like. Going to a gym is a great idea, but not one that will motivate me. So I will try to walk more when the weather gets warmer, which won't be this week as the temperature dropped again and the winds are stirring up again.

If I succeed in any of my physical or health-related goals, it will be because I am feeling the motivation of those around me. So keep up the good work, everyone.

• Like 1

When my doctor in Tallahassee put me (actually us, both DH & me) on an uber strict low fat, low sodium diet for our weight and cholesterol issues he made me keep a two-week log of everything I ate & how I cooked it, as well as my exercising, to see why my cholesterol wasn't staying down (family history), and he cracked wise about how creative I was interpreting it (I was staying in the diet's parameters, but eating things that tasted good!) and I told him that no one will comply with a diet if they can't make it taste good; and it's even better if they can make the switch off one food/ way of cooking to another gradually.

• Like 2

I could not stick with the whole change at once. So I have change a bit at a time. My dairy intake is very low as is the beef and pork. I eat more salads, fruits and veg. Nuts are good too. I can stay away from the whites for the most part but not 100% yet. I need to eat more fish.

I have healed my liver quite a bit. I have quite a bit of weight to lose but I have gained muscle. I am much stronger.

I'm starting a walking regimen again this week. The scale has been showing me a not nice number :fear: This winter was so long and icy that I haven't been able to be out and about as much as I would like. I'm the type of person who needs accountability so this thread is a good fit for me. Also, a friend has offered to walk with me although it may be a couple of weeks before I feel ready to have her join me. She's younger and in better shape than I am, gotta build some stamina!

Today I took my first walk of the season. While I also posted this under the weight loss forum, I thought the reminder to stay safe was important enough to post here too, so for those of you who already read this, I apologize for the duplicate.

To those of you who like to walk - always bring a cell phone with you and/or tell a family member the route you plan to take. This is especially important if you walk alone. This way if you sprain your ankle, if it starts to rain, or if it is taking you longer than expected to get back, your family will have a way of contacting you or looking for you.

• Like 1

I managed to get in 2 walks today! A short stroll in the morning(just a block) and a nice longer one in the afternoon with my friend. It's actually warm outside :banana:

Maureen thanks so much for the reminder about safety; it's so important!

Running errands today my left leg (I've been having major issues with it since the end of Feb) kept getting nasty stabbing spasms; I was SO glad I had a cart to push! Tomorrow we load & unload our truck with all the merchandise, etc, for this year's Jazz Festival, transporting it all from storage in the Jazz Society's offices to the festival site. Then we will help Saturday & Sunday with our friend who has the merchandise tent, and show up Monday to reload whatever's left and take it back to the offices. I don't expect to move anything on Tuesday!lol

Hope your leg is better tomorrow,Holly. Don't overdo! I had spasms in my thighs earlier this week-not sure if it was connected to my cold somehow or low activity because I was sick,or just what,but I know it isn't fun. Glad you won't let it get you down,but be careful!

I can't wait to start walking,but I am not ready just yet. My luck,we're supposed to have rain the next few days,but I'll walk around the house if I can't get outside!!