Daily Exercise Journal

1065 posts in this topic

This morning I walked an hour and a quarter with a friend, such nice weather here in Baltimore. Have a great day everyone!

The last time we were in your part of the world DH & I rode one of our tandem bikes on the railtrail between Arnold and Baltimore.

I walked 2 miles and some in the desert this morning! The sun was so hot I was out in a t-shirt no jacket!!! Hurray!!!!

1 person likes this

I managed to get in a walk yesterday; not as long as I would have liked because the right leg started to not want to work very well about 1/3 of the way through. Today it's errands around the local mall so exercise 2 days in a row!

Not much exercise yesterday except for the leg-stretch stops at the various visitors' centers along the way, but our friends showed up to go to supper with us and today we're making a day of touring Avery Island (and the McIlhenny Tabasco factory) and surrounding Cajun country, and generally faissons les bon temps rouller! Supper last night was at Prejeans and the food was magnifique. My friend & I had their grilled catfish fillets (blackened, actually) over white rice with a Thai chili sauce to curl the hair and a side of braised bok choy that needed just a touch of hot sauce to be parfait. Her man had crab cakes and mine had an eggplant piroghe filled with veggies and crawfish. One thing Lafayette has a reputation for is excellent food.

Holly, I think you meant laissez les bons temps roulez!

As for restaurants, try Café des Amis in Breaux Bridge, east of Lafayette, if you have a chance. It's our favorite in that area, plus Breaux Bridge is a cute little town.

I am heading out on the trails after I finish reading in here this morning. My allergies are bad and I suppose going out in the wind and dust isn't the best idea but I love my walk everyday. Even with all the aches and pains and allergies I feel better when I move!!

Cheering everyone on to keep movin and groovin!! :yes:

No, Kathie, I meant that WE were letting the good times roll (laissons)! (and my French teacher would have had a cow over the grammer, anyway). OK, nous laissons les bon temps roulez.

Oh,my word,ladies,y'all are wearing out my fingers looking up all those words on Google!LOL Can't say ya don't learn something new here every day!:D

Hi Roxy! I am so glad you are getting to enjoy your walks! I got my exercise in today by raking and working around the yard for several hours again this morning. I am so tired,but it is really starting to look like a yard again instead of the horrible mess Winter left it in! I will be out there again tomorrow,I guess. It would have been a great afternoon to go back out,but I just couldn't move anymore today!LOL I better go down the lane and check my mailbox,though,before it gets dark-that will count as a good short walk!:)

The festival is a music festival and it's almost entirely in French. The Canadian provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick are joining the state of Louisiana in providing the mysicians who are performing.

Have not done anu minis for a couple of months sadly as there is just too much work on with our remaining house renovation and garden which is large by UK standards and requires constant work. We're off to Amsterdam for a week's holiday, they have a tulip festival over there on at the moment and I want to get some specimens for my moon garden (all white flowers). And then off to Sissinghurst gardens for some ideas - they have a white garden there I want to look at. So much to do so little time :-)

1 person likes this

A pair of hand weights 3 pounds/ 1.36 kilos in conjunction with an overall stretching routine will burn calories and fat.  I used to use a book called Body Sculpting that I don't see anywhere online; my copy fell apart and eventually got lost.  Between my a-fib and meds I have almost no energy these days.  Just remember that muscle mass will weigh more than fat, but the smaller weights won't bulk you up.

1 person likes this

Oh thanks - that's great. I see they have some hand weights, so will check them out and will have a look around to see if I can find that book you mentioned. Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Formiddable said:

Oh thanks - that's great. I see they have some hand weights, so will check them out and will have a look around to see if I can find that book you mentioned. Thanks again.

Toning up is excellent for your health including bone density, but you probably already know that. Those thera band things are really versatile too - you know those giant elastic bands? There is a lot of information online on how to use them in different ways too. FYI I have been going to the gym for about 10 years or so now and I have not bulked up. 

1 person likes this