Daily Exercise Journal

lmgervais

Everyone is doing great!

I am not, but I am o.k. with it. :)

Today was packed full of errands, phone calls to straighten out Sushi's emergency stuff from the other night, vet visit for Blossom, DD's test, and trying to catch up on laundry. I could walk now, but I'm not. On the upside, I have also been too busy to eat much, so I am probably breaking even with my usual caloric intake/burn ratio.

Everyone is doing great!

I am not, but I am o.k. with it. :)

Today was packed full of errands, phone calls to straighten out Sushi's emergency stuff from the other night, vet visit for Blossom, DD's test, and trying to catch up on laundry. I could walk now, but I'm not. On the upside, I have also been too busy to eat much, so I am probably breaking even with my usual caloric intake/burn ratio.

Tomorrow is always another day, and the day after that. The fact that you are thinking about it and not forgetting even on the days when you don't go for a walk is still important - it means that you WILL get back to it soon.

Im so glad to see this topic pinned, its the first time Ive noticed it. I just started walking last night again, the time change helps a lot,having some extra daylight. I was actually going to skip it tonight,but you all motivated me!! I have a dreadmill but its so boring,so Im walking with a friend around the neighborhood,we walk for about 30 min. up two very steep streets,we call them "butt busters" :D

i dont know what im going to do tomorrow. i have a lot of homework plus we are having a garage sale this weekend so i will probably have a lot of running around to do for that. dont know if i will make it to the park. i might have time to hop on the wii fit for a bit hopefully. i really hate not having microsoft office. i gotta ask dad to install it for me so i dont have to drive to school to do my homework

I bought a pair of running shoes - not planning to take up jogging, just wanted a comfortable pair of walking shoes. I have been having pain in the tendons running up the back of my heels (especially the left one) - I'm supposed to have gone for physiotherapy for them; they're lumpy and bumpy - I forget what term the doctor used, but they're frayed. The walking does make me hurt more, but I was hoping that it would stretch the tendons out, and heal them. I don't have time to do physio. :D

Ouch, Rosalind! Running shoes are built for running, walking shoes for walking, and we learned with our marathon-running DDIL#2 that whole different sets of muscles are used (we wear her slap OUT whenever we get together & take them walking/ hiking). DH & I both have bone spurs on our heels and have found the best orthotics to ease the pain are the rigid footbeds made by Birkenstock; they turn whatever pair of shoes you put them in into Birkies! Mine generally live in my Montrail hiking boots, but I move them into any closed shoe that goes on my feet. I have other orthotics in all my hiking boots, but I think they're Dr Scholl's, and they sit on top of the innersoles that came with the boots.

One of my best hiking friends is home convalescing from bunion surgery! and won't be hiking with us for a few months. Do, do, do take care of your feet!

i dont know what im going to do tomorrow. i have a lot of homework plus we are having a garage sale this weekend so i will probably have a lot of running around to do for that. dont know if i will make it to the park. i might have time to hop on the wii fit for a bit hopefully. i really hate not having microsoft office. i gotta ask dad to install it for me so i dont have to drive to school to do my homework

You can install a free preview download from the Micosoft site for it..I do not know if they still have that, but they used to.

A garage sale in itself is a workout. Lugging all the stuff out and then lugging all the stuff in is exercise in my book.

I feel better today. Not sooo yucky. I will take it ez at the gym though. I am going to try out some of the upper body stuff.

Got my walk around the block in this morning, but I am still sooo tired. Must be the fact that I am getting outside everyday, because I used to stay home and only go out when absolutely necessary - just couldn't be bothered to go outside. Hoping this fatigue will wear off soon, as I almost fell asleep at the dinner table last night even before starting to eat!

I think this stuff is kicking in. You know when you have fat days. Days when you just feel blah. Not psychologically. Bloat, probably a bit of hormones, etc.

I actually feel like I am having a not fat day. If that makes sense. I put on a pair of jeans from last spring and they fit better. You feel good. I hope we all get to have a *thin day* today too. Just the kind of feeling that puts a lil spring in your step during the day.

At least four more loads of yucky clothes, but WOW what a difference as they come out of the dryer! :D Another day of running up & down steps in the camper & stairs in the house. I took a 1.5 hour nap yesterday afternoon!

Maybe an afternoon nap could become part of your daily routine, Liza. Falling asleep at the dinner table is a safety hazard - you could drown in your soup bowl! :D

Seriously, I hope that your body adjusts to the new routine. It's a big change, and it will take time for your body to get used to the "new you".

Holly, when I said running shoes, I meant regular sneakers - they're not expensive, "specialty" shoes. I do know that feet can cause all sorts of problems - my poor Dad has bunions, hammertoes, and all sorts of problems with his feet. He's had a lot of surgery on them (in the past; nothing for a couple of decades). Mostly, the surgery he had just made them worse. I never wear high heels anymore. When in my teens and early to mid-twenties I wore them - but even then, I didn't go for the three inch stilettos. As a teen, I liked the platform shoes, because you still had a flat sole to walk on. Now, I mostly wear flat shoes, or a one inch heel for special events. I don't know how I "tore" the Achilles tendons, but it's been a while now, and they aren't getting better.

Maybe an afternoon nap could become part of your daily routine, Liza. Falling asleep at the dinner table is a safety hazard - you could drown in your soup bowl! :D

Seriously, I hope that your body adjusts to the new routine. It's a big change, and it will take time for your body to get used to the "new you".

I hope that I adjust soon, too, because I have been having a morning AND an afternoon nap for the last couple of days, and yet still feel very tired by supper - one of the reasons DH makes supper after he gets home from work most days. Evening is ok, and I generally don't have any trouble falling asleep at night.

Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations!

Just want to mention that I may not post tomorrow - or at least not until later in the day. We're going to my uncle's funeral.

Take care, Rosalind. :p

I may be late posting also as I have to go to the hospital in the morning for an iron infusion (iron put directly into my bloodstream through an IV), which takes about 2 hrs plus travel time.

Half hour of DDR dance mat! Hopefully we'll get some decent weather tonight for a walk around the lake....

mom tripped on the wire of my dance mat and ripped the plug right off the wire :sweat: not to mention almost pulled the playstation right off the shelf. :p

Take care, Rosalind. :p

I may be late posting also as I have to go to the hospital in the morning for an iron infusion (iron put directly into my bloodstream through an IV), which takes about 2 hrs plus travel time.

My friend has to have those done. She does it sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. They do not know why or where she is losing blood from.

Went to the gym last night. We all three walked a mile on the treadmill. You feel so weird when you get off of it. Takes a couple seconds to get your bearings. I found out from Fred that everyone feels that way after the treadmill.

Got my walk in today whether I wanted to or not! My DD said that, since I started walking, I HAVE to keep it up!

I had to drive her across town yesterday to a dr's appointment and knew that I had to drive across town again this morning for my iron infusion, and driving makes me very tired, so I thought I might take today off. NO WAY, she says. So, to the school bus stop I went, then continued around the block once the bus was coming. Sigh! No rest on school days for me. But where will she be on the weekend? Sound asleep long after I have woken up and gone for a walk. Kids....or is it just teenagers as she is now 13?