I miss everyone here..

christinee

This is the first time in about a week that I've posted here and it feels good! I miss everyone and just wanted to let you know it. :groucho:

I ordered the Spring Fling with the hopes of entering the contest. I'm still holding out hope that I"ll be able to work on it. I even shopped and got all the supplies and have the idea and notes and pictures and everything planned! It's just "doing it". So far, my spring fling is assembled and glued and that's it.

I've been soooo busy with life that I forgot what "mini's" look like. Fortunately, it's been a good busy but it's stressing me out something awful. Two weeks ago I took the first of 4 parts of the CPA exam...now I'm driving myself and my husband crazy waiting for the results. The end of May (the due date for the Spring Fling) I'm taking the 2nd of 4 parts. I haven't even opened the book yet to begin studying.

Meanwhile, my husband made ME the general contractor for having my mother in law's house built. Like "I" need this?! It's HIS Mother!! I love her dearly and all but sheesh, just becuase I build "dollhouses" doesn't mean I can do a "real" house (or so he says). So, I've been busy with the county depts. getting all the permits, drawing up site plans, having the health dept come to tell me we have to install a new septic line becuase the one we have now is not big enough for 3 adults (what?! It is a 1 thousand gallon tank and supported FIVE adults)...she mumbled something about it being old and not up to code. Bleh, thank goodness we don't have to worry about "codes" when buildling dollhouses. Meanwhile, the building dept. said we can put the house on our property as long as it's smaller then 600 sq. ft. Fortunately my MIL doesn't want a big house... Now I get the joy of starting to get bids for cement work, plumbing and electrical. Fun fun...NOT

As if that's NOT enough, I was fortunate enough to land some part-time teaching jobs (I already had one little one with one school) but all those resumes I sent out eons ago finally got noticed and now I'm with four different schools woo hoo! The good thing is I love it and it helps pays the bills, the bad thing is it's close to a full-time job which means less time for mini-ing, cleaning the house and hanging out here.

This has been more of a venting then anything else...if you're still reading, thank you :rofl:

I hope to be back here regularly soon!

Welcome back Christine!

I know what you mean about RL getting in the way of mini life. I have done a few things with the Spring Fling but it is still just sitting there. I think when push comes to shove, I will get working on it.

I think I like the pressure of a deadline. LOL