This will touch your heart!

Jackiem

Please go to youtube.com and search for Susan Boyle, it is from Britains got Talent. It will make you feel good, and remind us all not to judge people by how they look.

Hopefully this is a link to it

Isn't that just about the most awesome thing you've seen in a long time??!! I was moved to tears, as was my husband, who usually is somewhat scornful about that sort of thing. And I was particularly pleased to see the arrogant judges put in their place -- after all their scornful looks, eyerolling, sideways glances...when she opened her mouth.....it was priceless. I hope she wins, and goes on to at least a couple of records. She is wonderful.

That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Reminds me of one of their previous winners, Paul Potts. I don't watch the show, but remember seeing him on Today or something like that, after he won. He didn't "look" like a star, but had the most amazing voice. Good for them!

That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Reminds me of one of their previous winners, Paul Potts. I don't watch the show, but remember seeing him on Today or something like that, after he won. He didn't "look" like a star, but had the most amazing voice. Good for them!

I went off and found the Paul Potts audition, too. Indeed, another amazing voice. I really like the British version, which was the original. Seems like many of the contestants there are ordinary amateur folks, unpretentious, not "tricked up" like so many of the folks on the American version.

They guys I work with (at a tractor store--so these are burly, tattooed good ole boy types) were like...YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS..so I watched this video...I was getting all teary eyed..but I think I was most moved by the fact these big old boys were actually touched by it too....

I saw this for the first time this morning, watched it at least 5 times in a row and cried.

You also have to check out the one with the dance group calling themselves "Flawless"- it was fantastic!

I saw this on another forum a few days ago. It was so cool to watch it i've seen it 3 times now.

check out this one it's pretty entertaining.

ROFL! I loved that one! I sent it to my friends.

As for Susan, it does go to show that you should never judge a book by it`s cover.

I heard about this on NBC's Nightly News on Tuesday and found it online yesterday. She sounds just as good as the lady who performed it on Broadway. Beautiful voice. And I love the song...a short section was left out because of time. I used to be in choirs in high school and college and I performed a different song from that musical for my college audition, and practiced it one day at the job I was working at the time and got a co-worker hooked on the music because of that. Gosh, that was almost 20 years ago.

It absolutely goes to show that you cannot judge someone by how they look...you could see everyone's attitude change right from the first line of the song.

Here's hoping that her dream of being a professional singer comes true...I think it will.

Terri

I thought that was great! It gives me chills when you see these people that everyone thinks of as "underdogs" come shining through. There was another one of these shows that made me cry.....it was Andrew Johnston. He told the judges that he got bullied all of the time and then sung like an angel !!

Susan Boyle's performance was amazing. I've watched it a few times since checking out the video on youtube & I am in awe of her talented voice.

What amazes me though (and sadly, it probably shouldn't amaze me) was the lack of respect that she was given before she sang. She should not have to fit into someone's idea of "beauty" in order to be shown respect as a person. The eye rolling & smirky looks of the judges & audience before she sang was absolutely horrid - then she began singing and all of a sudden she was a person of value in their eyes because of her voice.

If she is confident in the way she presents herself to the world then I for one hope with all my heart that she doesn't change a thing about her appearance to please anyone else. I thought she was perfect just as she was. And with a voice like hers, I hope she is able to realize her dream of a professional singing career.

but she IS beautiful! I guess I have enough members in my huge extended family who have big personalities, big bodies, and drive that are face-forward through so many calamities of life. It makes me wonder that anyone would question why this woman couldn't blow us all away with her gift. Think of Pavarotti, Julia Child, the Marx brothers, Emily Dickinson, Abraham Lincoln. Doubt any of their talents would make it on the runway. It would be a flat world without gifted folk like Susan B.

You Go Girl!

Yeah, that's the problem: American culture seems to have devolved to the point that if you aren't a size 0, "beautiful" (although I think folks like that are anorexic!), and 15, you aren't pretty! I found her charming and sweet...but then it's been a long time size I was a size 0 or pretty! :)