Tiffani / Santa's Cottage (?)

Canadanna

Hi yall... I just finally got the courage to open my Tiffani's box. Apart from missing the warm-up sheet (I think the kit had been stashed away for over 15 years at the hobby shop I bought it from judging from the 3 inches of dust on it LOL), I am pretty optimistic about this build.

Does anyone have pictures of their own Tiffani dollhouse to share?

Thanks in advance -

jen

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=354

here is mine about halfway down, i no longer have it, but i was bashing way back then and didn't know it. i added a door to the side and a downstairs bathroom. i am sure it will be pretty simple to put together

Shaky - very cute elf bakery - the colors/wallpaper/decorations are devine!

DHG - very sweet. :)

chester - lucky bunny!!! your color scheme is very pleasing. :D

Thank you all for sharing your pics!! I just started to prime walls/bases of my DH. I don't have a dedicated 'DH space' in my home, so its all being done in the kitchen around my 2yr old's nap schedule.

I will try to post pics soon of my progress.

Thanks for the compliment Tracy:) I think quite a few people have gone with the Christmas theme for this house,I gotta go look at that elf bakery,it sounds adorable!In fact I dont think Ive seen it as anything but a Christmas house,that porch is just too perfect to decorate. That was a fun house, there is a lot of sanding to do with the trim though. This was the first house I built myself from scratch,the others I had done were remodels. Have fun! Looking forward to pictures!

Thanks for the link, bluebear. ;)

Well, my plan as of right now is to paint the exterior a very pale shade of yellow green and keep the trim/shutters/sills white. The interior.. Well, I have no clue. I found some interesting paper in a scrapbooking set that I like for flooring, but I'm still not sure - I don't really want a bunch of red or purple or deep colors in this house... just subtle smooth colors... And I don't know what I'll be doing for the roof. :-S

And I don't really care for the gingerbread trim at all, so dont think I'll be using it for this house...

I have primed some of the walls so far... takes quite a while because I have to work around my toddler's nap schedule :)

I made the mistake and glued the exterior windows/shutters/sills on the front of the house piece before I primed/painted... so it might be tricky to get the paint on 'right'. :(

What do yall use to wallpaper? Do you purchase dollhouse wallpaper, download it online (printies) or use 'found' materials like cardstock? The only RL dollhouses I've seen up close had painted walls/floors and not papered...

any links/suggestions would be helpful. ;)

As soon as I can get all the pieces of my house sanded (Which is taking forever) I will take pics of it dryfitted. Nothing interesting right now as it lays on my kitchen table drying.... ;)

What do yall use to wallpaper? Do you purchase dollhouse wallpaper, download it online (printies) or use 'found' materials like cardstock? The only RL dollhouses I've seen up close had painted walls/floors and not papered...

any links/suggestions would be helpful. :)

Yes to all. Some people also use scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, RL paper in small prints, or tissue paper. There are many many printies sites. You can do some searches, or there have been many topics here that you can search for. And our own member Debra has a super collection of different wallpaper and ceiling printies.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=1667

You exterior colors sound lovely by the way! I can't wait to see pictures!

What do yall use to wallpaper? Do you purchase dollhouse wallpaper, download it online (printies) or use 'found' materials like cardstock?
Yes to all. Some people also use scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, RL paper in small prints, or tissue paper. There are many many printies sites. You can do some searches, or there have been many topics here that you can search for. And our own member Debra has a super collection of different wallpaper and ceiling printies.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=1667

You exterior colors sound lovely by the way! I can't wait to see pictures!

I think the only thing I haven't used yet (but surely will, one day) is fabric in a small print/ design.

Thanks for the suggestions. :idiot:

I have had to put away all the DH stuff while we hosted company thrice this past week. Now that we're done with that, I can get back to my mission. :lol:

What do you recommend me to use to apply wall coverings? tacky glue and a credit card?

Thanks for the tips -

I have to go to the hardware store today (if it isn't raining) to get paint anyways, so will check for that wallpaper paste. :) I have done a lot of priming today and just need to do the interior walls (Prime that is) and when completed I can try wallpaper - i found some super cute thinner cardstock at our party supply store that I want to try with this house.

Thanks Holly!!!!

So... I have been dryfitting the house together and well, let's just say there's a bit of a snag...

Can someone look at the pics I've posted in "Tiffani" in my gallery and offer suggestions?

I'm totally confused LOL

gallery_2566_3026_33923.jpg

It seems that the second floor is 'too long' maybe? Because when it's not there, I can mesh the side walls and front wall together pretty well, but as soon as I add the second floor, it is ALL messed up. I'm afraid I will break the thin pieces on the bottoms of the side walls (which I think are supposed to be flush with the base) that go under the porch part.

please Help??

Jen,

Many thanks for asking the question about the wallpaper. If you had not I would not know about the wonderful pages of wallpaper and ceiling printies that Debra has put on the website for us to use. Good luck with your endeavors. Hopefully my reply will bring attention back to your pages and someone will read your request for help in putting the "Tiffani" together.

Barbara

could the second floor be upside down? maybe?

Edit : dumb idea :p it wouldnt change the size of it :) i had to many coffees :p

now looking again...take the left side out of that groove and put it flush?

those tabs are probably something to do with the veranda/roof?

I dont want to give too much advice not being positive what is going on, but if you are 100% sure you followed the directions and everything is in the right place, you can sand or carefully cut away,what is keeping that piece from fitting. I remember using A LOT of wood filler or spackle paste with this house! Big gaps. You just fill what you can and paper over it, it will be fine and unnoticable. Keep standing back to look at it to make sure its squared up. I used scrapbooking papers in mine and Mod Podge to secure the paper to the wall, or even plain white glue. good luck!

pin said: "now looking again...take the left side out of that groove and put it flush?

those tabs are probably something to do with the veranda/roof?"

You're right! My husband figured THAT out for me when he was squaring the house.. which btw, he has 'fixed', although I made the slots for the veranda open instead of leaving them as just slots, but oh well... I think glue will help me to hide that mistake. :thumb:

I need to sand part of one side wall (at the bottom where the porch is) because it isn't fitting quite right yet... but shouldn't be too much trouble.

Thank you all very much for your help - I really appreciate it. I am planning on buying some spackle (and I guess knives to apply it? I don't even know what spackle is - THERE, I admitted it! LOL... or is drywall compound??? hmm) anyways, I am so deep into this dollhouse thing that I can't get anything finished - just working a lil on Tiffani... then assembling some furniture I bought separately... then goggling at my Vineyard & Cambridge (Artply) that are both still in boxes.... and PATIENTLY awaiting receiving my dollhouse I bought online, plus the other one i may be getting, PLUS the one I may be buying this week.... holy moly, i'm insane. :p

:thumb: glad you solved the problem :p

i use spackfilla or polyfilla...i've no idea if its called the same thing over there :yay: as well as filling holes/mistakes i use it for a stucco look too...fabulous stuff :yay:

I bought some polyfilla and a putty knife today...

Do I assemble and glue the house before 'spackling' the outside? Do I spackle the interior (around wall joints if there are gaps?)

I'm such a noobie!

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone! We are new to this site, and we have joined because our daughters both received a dollhouse kit for Christmas.

Our 10 year old is flying along with hers, with help from Dad, of course, but our 12 year old is stuck because her Tiffani kit did not have any instructions inside the box.

We called Greenleaf this morning and they said that they do not have instructions for this kit as it is vintage, and they directed us here, to ask all of you for help.

If there is anyone here who could share a set of instructions with us, I would gladly pay for copying and postage, we have figured out the basic construction but there is so much trim work, and it would be much easier for our girl to be independent if she had instructions.....

The kits are fantastic, we are so excited to see the girls having so much fun, we also have the Glencroft kit and it's going really well! Neither girl wanted to paint first, so we decided to let them learn as they go, and when they are struggling to get paint into tiny corners they will learn that painting first woudl have been a great idea, and next time (they've already told us they want MORE of these because they are the best present ever!) they will be a little less excited and a little more patient with their prep and planning.

Please send me a PM if you can help us to get instructions for the Tiffani, or if you know of somewhere better to post our request. I am still finding my way around, and have been completely sidetracked several times by the wonderful pictures of all of your finished dollhouses!

Thankyou so much

Debbie

Hi Debbie! Welcome to the forums! You will find so much information and help here! When you have a second, please hop over to the newcomer's forum and introduce yourself to everyone. Maybe ask your question there too.

I haven't built that house (but it's a cutie), but I'm sure someone will come along soon with some help. You may try searching the galleries and sending a PM to someone who has built it to see if they still have the instructions.

What wonderful gifts for your girls! That is so exciting that they are taking a liking to them so quick and enjoying themselves! What fun!

Good luck, and please show pictures when you can. When you have 5 posts you can start an album as well. We love to see pictures! :p