liquid fabric softener & doll hair

miniwendy

Exactly how much is the liquid fabric softener supposed to restore a doll's hair? I used some on a doll. And while it is softer and more manageable, it is still fairly frizzy. I covered much of her hair with it, and let it soak for a couple hours, then rinsed it out.

Did I do it wrong, or am I just expecting too much?

Thanks!

Wendy :p

What kind of dollhair did you use it on. Viscose only takes just a drop or two in warm water to make a difference....any more than that, and it's too limp and wn't curl. I never use fabric softener on my doll hair.

I'm not sure if it was specifically viscose or not. Its not a mini doll, but a children's play doll- a "madeleine" from the Simba company. I guess if it was going to work it would have by now! I washed it back out and used shampoo and conditioner. Worked pretty reasonably.

I looked for that thread too, bc I remember getting a lot of good doll rehab tips. But then I couldn't find the thread when I searched again! I know its out there somewhere in cyberspace.

I poured a liittle fabric softener into the bottle cap, dip my thumb & finger into it and work it into the frizzy end and gently comb it until the tagles are out, then work in a little more further up, and do that until the section combs easily. I repeat, sectioning all the hair until it combe easily, and then I'm done. I didn't know it had to be rinsed out, and I didn't see that it had taken out any curl.

Yes, you want to rinse it out, it attracts dust if you don't. If you're trying to tame the frizzies with fabric softener, well, good luck! LOL What the fabric softener really does is act like a conditioner...it will help get the tangles out, and does help with static, but what it cannot do is change the hair itself. If you want to tame the dolly frizzies, try pooring some freshly boiled water over her head. That WILL take the curl (if any) out, but you can always roll her hair up in drinking straws and boil her head again. I do this all the time! (LOVE to customize!!!!)