Mother`s Day May 10, 2009

heidiiiii

Mother`s day will be hear in a blink.. :)

What do you do for the day? Brunch? Sunday dinner?

I have no idea if they have anything planned and I am not going to ask or hint.

mothersday-small.jpg

I usually make Mom a card and then sometimes we'll do something special.But not this year as Mom is on vacation and won't be home til first week of June.Me thinks a belated Mother's Day is in order

We don't really have a "set" thing that we do each year, except that it's "set" that we spend it with our mother. Each year it's different though. Like, two years ago we all met at mom's house and took her out to lunch. Last year I was in the mood to cook so they all came to my house and we had a late lunch. This year we're all meeting at my brother's house for a cookout. I really enjoy what we do, whatever we do. We honor our mother (meaning all my brothers and sisters) but we honor each other as well.

DH is probably going to go visit his mother in the hospital one last time either this weekend or next (our anniversary), 5 hour drive away. My mother is 4 hours away in a different direction. We don't really celebrate occasions like that very much, but the younger two usually make me a card. Everything this year may depend on the health or lack thereof of DH's mother and grandmother.

I don't know what's on tap for this year. My younger brother is arguing with the family. We're not arguing back, but that doesn't keep him from disowning us. So we're pretty sure he's not going to be involved. My older brother will just be back after a very long absence, so we're pretty sure he's not going to miss it for the world.

I'd LOVE to take mom and granny out for lunch, but dont' want to put up with the crowds, and I'm not sure I can afford to take the whole family. I may just have someone cater, that could be cheaper.

My hunny's mother is ill and won't make it out of the house. Which is probably better, as she wasn't very pleasant before her illness, and as you can guess, it hasn't gotten better since she's been wheelchair bound.

I'd love to be able to see my 'adopted' mom from GL so that I can give her enourmous hugs and kisses :D ! However, since that is not possible, I guess that I will just have to send her a special message.

:) Hi Mom!

My mother is still not speaking to me because I challenged her on a lie that she spread about me to the entire family. I challenged her lie publically to the whole group she told it to. Not only did I deny it I demanded a public apology and an acknowledgement that she made the story up. So now she has become the "victim" and is all boo hoo to my siblings about the awful way I treated her. Needless to say there will be no Mother's Day card from me. I will get to spend the day guilt free doing what I choose to do, which most likely will be working in my garden.

My mom is up in Canada so I won't be able to spend the day with her. :D But we will talk on the phone for hours most likely and I'll make it up to her when I go to visit in July.

Hubby and fur babies have already given me enough this month to last me 5 mother's days! LOL!! I hope hubby doesn't hold me to that though! :)

I am seeing my son the first weekend in May so I guess we will celebrate then because he won't be able to take 2 weekends in a row off from work. Mother's Day is still really hard for me since my mom passed away 3 years ago. I still miss her terribly.

I will not be able to see my Mom, I live in Texas and she in NC. I send her a card and always call her. My DH and kids ALWAYS do something for me on Mom's day. DH lets me sleep in and usually fixes breakfast for me AND gets a card and present for me from him and another card and present from the kiddos. He really tries to make the whole day special for me. Kids don't always co-operate though, but they're getting better as they get older. When you've got 4 kids, there's always something up. I don't mind though, I'd wonder what happened to my kids if SOMETHING didn't go quite right!!!

Terri

My mothers birthday is the 12th of may, it is also her anniversary. She turns 90 this birthday and so we are surprising her with a family reunion. All her grand children and her great grandchildren will be there. we are celebrating for the whole week with cookouts etc.

The week before I have hired a house cleaner to come in and dust etc at my moms so she wont worry about her house. It never is dirty but this way all those tasks that are hard for her to do will already be done.

It's not a big deal for us, I usually bug DH to call his momma. Last year was the first time the three boys didn't all call me, and I discovered that, much as I despise to talk on the phone, I really enjoy talking to the sons!

My sister and I usually will buy a gift card for my Mom so that she and my Dad can go out to dinner together. Life has been so hectic lately and money is definitely an issue this year so I'm not sure yet what our plans are. Maybe I can talk my sister into her and I cooking for my Mom this year. Going to my parents house would be cheaper and then I could clean up after, which I'm sure my Mom would consider a real treat in and of itself!

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I celebrated Mother's Day yesterday since he will not be able to come up here since he took off work for me this weekend while I was visiting him. He bought me 2 4 poster twin beds, a double brass bed and a matching dresser for the twin beds from Ron's in Orlando. Awesome!!!!

I am going to buy a mold to mail to Gina so that she can get me the man I deserve..ROFL! My MHM Lady needs a Dude to keep her company. That will be a gift for myself because Mother`s day has not been kind to me these past few years.

Thankfully I don't think pseudo would apply to most mothers. My maternal grandmother was always to me what a mother should be. She took care of everything. She's been gone over 50 years now. I'm fast becoming a Scrooge about all holidays.

My mother died 12 years ago and my maternal grandmother (who raised me) died 6 years ago. I will be getting flowers for the cemetary, for them. We will be spending the weekend with DH's mother. Might take her out to lunch and we are getting her a hanging plant for her front porch. My husband usually doesn't get me anything, says I'm not HIS mother. :thumb: DD said she is going to surprise me and she's been all smiles for a week now so I'm sure that whatever it is, she already has it.

lyn

My husband usually doesn't get me anything, says I'm not HIS mother. :p

lyn

My Dad used to say that to my Mother and it used to make me angry. Did you not take care of the children all these years? I told Fred if he ever pulled that line on me, he would be in big trouble. LOL

I have been shafted that past few years on Mother`s Day so i am not bringing it up in the house or expecting anything. If I get something good..If not..oh well.

My husband usually doesn't get me anything, says I'm not HIS mother. :p

lyn

My Dad used to say that to my Mother and it used to make me angry. Did you not take care of the children all these years? I told Fred if he ever pulled that line on me, he would be in big trouble. LOL

I have been shafted that past few years on Mother`s Day so i am not bringing it up in the house or expecting anything. If I get something good..If not..oh well.