Netting

Jeffrey

we are moving into a 2 family house and the garage in the back yard had a nice little overhang that my mom wants to make into a patio. (the landlord wont mind, he is a childhood friend of hers) I love the idea and i like to hang outside but something about me is like candy to mosquitos. i cannot be outside very long without some kind of bug spray on me which putting on is enough to make me stay inside anyway. I want to put up some kind of netting on this overhang (most likely in curtain form) but it has to be REALLY cheap. i dont mind the whole DIY thing.

i am also wanting to make something similar to this. i was planning on getting that but after reading the reviews...

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/instant-scr...#MyReviewHeader

any ideas on where to buy the kind of netting i would need?

quick update. i decided instead of doing them like curtains i am going to make it like a screened in porch. i found what i was looking for at Lowes. I will take before and after pictures!

hahahahhaha NO. maybe sometime this SUMMER <_< though i wish it was this weekend. we are allowed to start moving our stuff in already but we wont start living there until june 1st.

I am glad you are making the best of what could have been a sad situation. New surroundings (new apartment) always gives you a new perspective and sometimes good change.

We have been living here in this house for 11 years but I have been an apartment dweller my ENTIRE life before that. Since birth. I always liked moving to a new place. Even the ugly ones. You could just spruce it up to your liking..and you are lucky your Mom knows the landlord. You can do some decorating renovations on your own! That is the best!

Nat suffers the bite of the mosquito too, like you. Do they just like you or are you allergic too? She gets really big bite welts from them. They love her and she is allergic.

As for a repellent, except for using something with DEET in it..You could try the lotion by Avon called Skin So Soft. I swear by it. If you can get some, use it as your regular lotion during the summer months.

Deana love the pic!

im not allergic as far as i know but once in a blue moon the bite area is about the size of a nickel. i also heard you can rub yourself with a dryer sheet and it will keep them away, never tried it though. i always forget. i always wanted to try that bullfrog brand stuff. its a sunscreen and bug repellant in one!

Yeah, if the bites are that big and you did not feel the bite before it got that big..you are probably allergic. Nat`s get huge like that and her Dr. said it is a hyper type allergy to the bite.

Like I would get a small bite, but if she had the same amount of time of the bite...it would swell.

You can keep Dryer sheets in your drawers with your clothing. They will make the clothes smell like the sheets over time.