Stoning a Pierce

calicocow

I found a Pierce for $42 yesterday at a hobby store that was about to quit selling dollhouses. I had never seen one for sale before and really don't know a whole lot about this model. I have made 3 Greenleaf models, but all much smaller ones. I have a large supply of paperclay recently purchased on clearance and was thinking about making the Pierce sort of a modern castle looking building. I stoned an Orchid for my niece's little girl last month (thank you Tracy (my mini shop) for your wonderful fireplace instructions! They helped with making the stones.), so I'm not worried about so much 'how' to do it but an wondering what problems I may run into doing a larger model.

Has anyone ever used paperclay on something the size of a Pierce?

The Price to buy MORE paper clay should be your only problem LOL. Buy it in bulk from www.paperclay.com so that you can get a cheaper rate on it. Otherwise, the only other problem you may have is cracking but I like them and add moss in them sometimes or if it's somepalce wierd, them I make a snake roll of clay the size of the crack then I wet the clay where the crack is and then put the snake roll of clay where the crack is and let it dry for about 30 min and resculpt the stone there or grout line.

:D

Ohh, I almost forgot, You are welcome for the instructions and Please tell me you have pictures of the house you did?? We would love to see them :unsure:

post-677-1145904947_thumb.jpgI did get a few pics of it. Y'all keep in mind this was made for heavy play for a 7 year old, so it's not so fancy. I told my niece when her daughter 'wore it out', I'd do her another, bigger one. It was also a rush job with under 2 weeks from purchase to gift.

I'm going to post a pic here of it. I hope that's ok! :lol:

You can't see the hunter green porch in the pic.

You were able to complete this house in paper clay just from following my fireplace instructions?? Wow, I am impressed! You did an EXCELLENT Job on this house! Your neice should be so proud to have such a wonderful aunt!

A pierce for 42 bones? That wuz a steal, I'd get one mesen for that price, even though it's a lot like a Garf. You simply cannot go wrong for that price.

That's what I keep telling my hubby. I am considering going back to the hobby store where I got it and offering them a lump sum for the floor models they have on display. They're totally unfinished and according to the salesperson when I asked about them-badly out together, but if I can get a steal of a deal... :)

You were able to complete this house in paper clay just from following my fireplace instructions??...

Yup! Once I read all of your step-by-steps and figured out how to handle the clay, I just replicated the stones over and over. The getting started part was the hardest. Your directions were invaluable! Thank you again for posting them!

Thank you, Shakyshaky and Susanne! I've got so much to learn, but I think I've found the right place to learn it! :blink:

Btw, my niece thought the stones were put on in a sheet. My hubby, who delivered it, had to tell her it was hand done. My great niece loved it.

That's what I keep telling my hubby. I am considering going back to the hobby store where I got it and offering them a lump sum for the floor models they have on display. They're totally unfinished and according to the salesperson when I asked about them-badly out together, but if I can get a steal of a deal... :)

Badly put together is good, it may mean you can get them apart to put them together correctly. Heck, if they're done with hot glue just leave them a couple of years and they'll fall apart on their own. Same goes for superglue. And that could be the case for displays, put together as quickly as possible.

Badly put together is good, it may mean you can get them apart to put them together correctly. Heck, if they're done with hot glue just leave them a couple of years and they'll fall apart on their own. Same goes for superglue. And that could be the case for displays, put together as quickly as possible.

Well, I tried back at the store and they weren't interested in discounting the unfinished models yet :D . A whole house full of dollhouses to do is my idea of Heaven. Guess I'm not quite good enough to make it to heaven yet :lol: .

Your Orchid looks fabulous. I think the Pierce would look great as kind of a castle. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :lol:

Thanks, Amy! I'm champing at the bit to start it!

My sister found some incredible wallpaper at Lowe's that I am going to wind up using on the floors and walls. It's textured, so the stones aren't just flat. I tried a test sample with soem different finishes and decided the floors will look good with some watered down burnt umber paint.

Here's a pic of the roll of wallpaper. It doesn't really show the detail, but the stones are perfect sized!

post-677-1146769352_thumb.jpg

My sister found some incredible wallpaper at Lowe's that I am going to wind up using on the floors and walls. It's textured, so the stones aren't just flat. I tried a test sample with soem different finishes and decided the floors will look good with some watered down burnt umber paint.

Here's a pic of the roll of wallpaper. It doesn't really show the detail, but the stones are perfect sized!

Yep! That is great stuff! I used that in portions of my Emerson Row!