Wanted to say HI to all!

Hi Everyone! I'm Heather of FancyDollHouses and I've actually been a member for a couple of years now, but I have just finally got myself caught up enough to take a breath and sit down! lol. With three kids and my business, sometimes it seems like I'll never get to make any 'mini' friends, but now I'm making the time, and it's so fun here! I've already "met" a couple of great people here and I look forward to meeting more of you very talented miniaturists too!

This is going to sound like a dumb question to all of you, but, how do I post pictures?

...This is going to sound like a dumb question to all of you, but, how do I post pictures?
Welcome at last to the little family, but I wish there were some way to break you & others of the nasty bad habit of using "dumb" and "question" together in the same sentence! There are NO "dumb"/ stupid/ ETC! questions.

You need to make five posts to make an album in the Gallery here for your pictures. To post a picture from your personal computer files go to the "attachments" box immediately below the box you type the text of your post in and click on the "browse" button, select the picture you want to share and then click the "upload" button and when it appears in the white "manage current attachments" box, simply click in the text box where you want your picture to appear and click on the "+"

If your picture is already housed somewhere online you can get the url by right-clicking on the picture and click "properties" at the bottom of the dropdown meny, higlight and copy the url, click on the image icon above the text box and paste the url into the box that shows up, click "OK" and you're good.

Now see? That was NOT a dumb question!

Thank you for the warm welcome Holly, Linda, Monica, Corry, Gina, and Tracy!

And Holly, thanks so much for the pic explanation, and for making me feel better about asking, I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have some galleries up real soon!

Hope you all have a great day!

Heather :p

Welcome Heather...and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know how to upload

pictures :) I did figure out how to add to my profile just yesterday!!! (I'm new since

Nov.2008) But I noticed that most of my pictures in my file are too big....even this site

couldn't "small 'em down"....Help!! Anyone...how does that happen????? :p

Anyway ,welcome again!!

even this site couldn't "small 'em down"....Help!! Anyone...how does that happen?????
(I cannot believe that I, the most technologically illiterate member of this or any other forum, can do this...) The "Pictures" program on our computer permits me to resize the pictures through cropping.

Welcome to the forum Heather! We're starting to see a few more people from Washington on the forum - we're going to have to have a get together for all of us one of these days!

Thanks so much for welcoming me LLyn, Greg, Gayle, Lisa, and Deana!

Lisa, hi there 'neighbor', so nice to meet you! I like your little stone cottage, it's so cute and you did a great job on the interior!

Deana, I will definitely be posting pics very soon, I promise. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Heather! :blink:

Nice to meet you at last! I've been a bit busy with the Spring Fling and am just now starting to catch up on stuff. I have an unfinished Pierce, missing pieces, and wonder if mine will ever look as nice as yours.

Welcome!! I am just like you....I joined a while back but then forgot all about it. I am back though and I'm going to try and stay as active as I can.