A long time without mini's

darrellandmelissa

Hello to all my old friends and to the new ones I have yet to meet. It has been at least a year since Darrell or I posted. We have some difficulties and some big changes in our life lately. I am still looking for work, 17 months unemployed can do strange things to your bank account. Anyways we could no longer continue to live in the manner we were accustomed to. We ended up selling a lot of our belongings and borrowing some from one of the kids,and downsized. Last month we bought a single wide mobile home in a nice park.

I had some regrets leaving our 2 bedroom house and large yard. In just the few short weeks we have been here my whole attitude on life has changed. I can not remember being this happy and content in years. While I am not quite ready to start working on mini's again a few have been unpacked and placed in the house, dusted and a few pieces of furniture placed in them. It will be impossible for me to keep all the houses I have but for the present am undecided on what to do with them. I do plan to work on mini's once we get a little more unpacked and organized.

I really like the new place, it even has rose bushes in the yard already, and we can plant anything we want in the little yard. It seems strange that what I looked upon at first as a disaster has turned into such a blessing.

Melissa

post-27-1242363736_thumb.jpg

Hello Melissa I am sending you and Darrell a Huge HUG from me!! I have been wondering and thinking about you so much! I missed you two!! I tell you, down sizing can be a GREAT thing. I am so happy that everything has worked out for you both. The job situation is bad for a lot of people but it is amazing when you look back at it and see how well you have made it through together!! You sound like you are happy and have left some of the stress behind by down sizing.

Keep popping in! I Miss & Love you Girlfriend :jawdrop:

Welcome back Melissa. Downsizing is a good thing in many many ways....and your new home is lovely! Congratulations! Having lived in a single-wide many years ago now, I can only say, it's way less stressful in many ways!

Sounds like you and yours are getting feet underneith you again....and being happy with the changes is a big bonus!

Drop in more often! We love hearing from you guys!

Melissa I am soooooooooooo glad to see u!! I too have been looking for u lol

I am also glad to hear how happy u r now! Sometimes we have to shed the mess to get to happiness...

u have been missed!!!

Darrell & Melissa are back!!! Oh, how I have missed y'all & thought of you & prayed for you often! Welcome home, girlfriend! Here's a {GREAT BIG HUG} for you and {ANOTHER ONE} for Darrell!

Oh dear, take care, you two! Sounds like the last couple of years have been very challenging, but the good news is that you are stil together! Do drop in from time to time -- you don't have to be doing minis to keep company here! We love to hear from you.

Hi Melissa, I've been following along on your move with your pictures on facebook and your new place is lovely. The only thing that matters is being happy and I'm glad to hear that you've left alot of the stress behind.

Welcome back!

I've been wondering about you and Darrell. So glad things are working out and that you are doing ok now. Hope things keep improving and life gets easier here on out.

So glad to come in here and see you!!

Huggzz and Hi for Darrel also

...we are looking into downsizing and moving ourselves.

a huge endeaver for sure...I know I would feel better without so much STUFF!

so happy you and Darrell are doing well and your new home is so cute!

keep in touch girly!

nutti :lol:

Great to hear from you - I've also been reading about your new home on Facebook. It looks like a lovely home. I hope that you'll be able to find some time to get back into miniatures.

Hugs

-Susanne

Melissa, it's so good to hear from you! You look lovely by the way . . . in your avatar photo!

Your new home looks just lovely and the setting couldn't be more perfect . . . how can you not be happy with roses in the yard?!! As long as you have some garden space to putter around in it's a good thing!

I wish you and Darrell all the best as you settle into your new home!

Its Great to see you back. I am so happy for you. !! and your home is beautiful, and I am thrilled you are happier there then where you were.!! That is so wonderful... Change is a good thing !!

Kellee

What is your name on facebook ?

It seems strange that what I looked upon at first as a disaster has turned into such a blessing.

Melissa

I'm fairly new myself so nice to meet you and it's nice to find someone with such a beautiful attitude about life! My b/f has been out of work since last September so I can sympathize with the bank account woes. I just buy minis as I can so my work is slow, but fulfilling.

MEL! I've been awol from here for a long time too...So glad to hear from you! I'll have to look for you on facebook...I love the new digs :D