Calling all Sims Fans.

heidiiiii

Are you getting it? Did you get it?

If so, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0Ze4cHxSI.

TheSims3.com.

I want it but I am afraid. LOL I am afraid of how much space it will take up on computer and I am afraid I will have NO life if I get this game.

PSHHH! who needs a life when you can control the lives of others?! lol

i preordered the deluxe edition back in october. Thank god we only moved next door to the old house or else i would have been very upset since it got delivered there. its only 1 disc (as opposed to the 4 that the sims 2 base game came with) i dont know if thats any indication of it taking up less space though.

i started playing it around 1030 last night but i had work in the morning so the need for sleep plus the new features was kind of overwhelming to learn so late at night that i went to bed by 11. i made a person, moved him into a house, completly deleted the house, then figured out how to turn off the obnoxious tutorial and i shut it off. i cant wait for my midterm exam to be over tonight so i can play play play! im so excited! (i would be playing now but i have to study)

I want to get it but I do not know. I think I will wait a bit. You tell me what you think of it and then I will decide. Not like I am leaving it all up to you though. LOL

I have a few things I have to pay for this month so this is at the bottom of my list. Car fixed, so emissions, registration, a doll mold to send to Gina, and a rental car to drive Chelsea to the airport.

Maybe you will be into enough by next month to really let us know what you think.

Corwin,

How much lack of sleep have you gotten since you started it?

Can you really walk around town? How big is the town? I hear the graphics are much nicer then previous versions.

Oh yea you can walk around the town, its as big as our neighborhoods form sims 2 The graphics are great, but i spent a hundred and got an awesome graphics card before it came out, As for sleep, well I can sleep when i am dead. :) The only thing I don't like is when you visit some of the community buildings you vanish' some of them you don't. I made one guy buy every buiseness in town! Yeah I am having fun. I have just done an ounce of mining today. I can't wait till they come out with custom objects. Aside from all that, there is really no need for recolors imo, just meshes, you can make the same print all tones. Any ways I am off. . .

Oh yea you can walk around the town, its as big as our neighborhoods form sims 2 The graphics are great, but i spent a hundred and got an awesome graphics card before it came out

My Mac is on the newer side (not even a year old) but I am going to check to make sure I have an up-to-date graphics card (from the games specs) before I get it.

Boy I am sure sounding like I am getting it..LOL

I'm not sure whether I'll get the Sims 3. I'm a definite custom content girl, and that hasn't been resolved yet. Other than that I use quite a few hacks for annoying sim behaviors.

Still, maybe I'll get it some day, simply because it would be a nice change of pace. And if my computer can handle it.

yup mod the sims alread has a couple of hacks and content as for changing things with the paterns they give you you can do so much with. but they also have a texture program and custom textures at mod the sims. The textures can be aplied to anything. I also like the diagonal roof.

you would probably love it linda! its very addicting. you get to build houses and design people to live in them. im surprised more members dont know about it.

I w ant it baaaaad but I am not allowed until I can buy my own computer...my husband sadi ti slows everything down way too much :blink:

Yeah, that is kind of why I think I am not going to get it. I wish I had known that the Apple stores had demos of the game. I would have went to the one at Foxwoods to play for a bit on their gig dime.

there were diagonal roofs in the sims 2 also.

Post no. 3 with this awnser. :)

Ok, they did have them but they NEVER lined up right in the sims 2 here they do! Oh and installing downloads is easy. I use the package installer from mod the sims. Packages don't go in the downloads folder. :wave:

No way, no way, I can't get it! I bought Sims 2 over the winter, and nothing got done for weeks---the girls practically fought for playing time,lol. I love it!!! I really want to finish my BH first....and then maybe....hmmmm....DD has a birthday soon...she would love it! My only thing is, I'd like to find a way to turn off the "Whoopy"--she's 12---it's not as graphic to adopt a baby,lol :wave:

I can't wait to get sims 3 either! I have the orginial and sims2, which i'm currently playing. I got 1 of the expansion packs for the 2nd, was gonna get more, but now they came out with the 3rd, good lord! lol

I'm going to have to wait till I get done with school or else I'd never get anything done...I go in spurts and I swear, some nights I can't sleep and have to get back up and play because I thought of something else I wanted to do! Not to mention there's the whole computer space thing...I've thought about building a PC strictly for gaming hmmm B)

and am I the only one that gets cravings for Mac n Cheese, Chili con carne and lunch meat sandwiches?? ;)

i always crave mac n cheese but i dont think its from the sims 2 lol. and on a sidenote...i just read a funny prank to pull on a friend is to replace the meat in his sandwich with a piece of cardboard.... random i know but you reminded me of that just now. B) god i need to go to bed haha

if anyone gets it let me know so we can be friends on the sims 3 website and download each others houses. with all our dollhousing experience we should have some of the best houses around. lol

my screen name there is squirrelpetter89 for both the sims 2 and 3 websites so if you are already registered on the sims 2 site you can find me and check out my creations.