2009 Spring Fling Contest Results

The 2009 Spring Fling Contest Results

Wow! Another banner year for the Spring Fling Contest! Again, the judging was near impossible and this year, I had to step up into the judges seat to finally resolve the contest. It was difficult for me as I feel I know many of you personally, but I ensure you that I remained impartial. We did bend the rules a bit like last year and added another winner with a two way tie for third place. I honestly felt like everyone was a winner, so I'm sending out a gift to all entries which you can read about at the bottom of this post. So with out further delay, I present you the winners of the 2009 Spring Fling Contest:

First Place - Congratulations Intrinsicat!

dollhouse-windmill.jpg

Jen Wins a $500 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and Re-names this Dollhouse!

That's right, I'm happy to re-introduce you to one of our newest dollhouses, The Loganberry Mill which is named in honor of Jen's daughter who's nickname is Loganberry. In addition to bragging rights, Jen will get $500 to spend at will in the Greenleaf Company Store!

Second Place - Congratulations r1simp!

cowboy-dollhouse.jpg

Roy Wins a $250 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store

Third Place - HOLY SMOKES, IT'S A TWO WAY TIE!

Again, I have to say that the entries we received this year were just amazing; amazing to the point that selecting just three winners seemed to be an impossible task. After a hopeless dead lock, we decided to name two third place winners which I listed in alphabetical order.

Congratulations eyelee!

fantasy-dollhouse.jpg

Congratulations pin1056!

military-dollhouse.jpg

Eily and Linda have each won a $125 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store

We truly enjoyed all 59 entries and I thank all who participated. Again, in my book, they were all winners! All entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

Young Miniaturist Catagory - HOLY SMOKES, IT'S A FIVE WAY TIE FOR FIRST PLACE!

This year we also had a young miniaturist competition and we really enjoyed all their projects! We look forward to the day when they can compete in the main event, so to keep them motivated, they're all winners!

Congratulations Rebekah S!

rebekah.jpg

Congratulations Simone!

simone.jpg

Congratulations Rachel & Sarah!

topps.jpg

Congratulations Tyler!

tyler.jpg

Congratulations Victoria!

victoria.jpg

Rebekah, Simone, the Topps Girls, Tyler and Victoria have each won an Aster Cottage Dollhouse Kit!

Keep up the good work kids! We look forward to seeing what you do with these dollhouses! All their entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

Hold on - Congratulations, everyones a winner!

144-scale-dollhouse.jpg

That's right, everyone who entered is going to get a 144 scale version of the Loganberry Mill! We scaled down this wonderful little house and put our new laser cutter to work so everyone can have a memento of this historic event! I hope everyone enjoys this house as much as we've enjoyed looking at you amazing projects!

A Personal Note

I would like to apologize for not being as involved in the chatter as I have been in previous years. We have a bunch of new products we're working on and my beloved dog friend Seven has had some health issues. Its honestly been hard to find the time to even breath. Its unfortunate because this contest is one of my favorite parts of the year. The good news is that we will soon be releasing laser cut versions of the Jefferson, Emerson Row, Brimbles Mercantile, Rosedale and the Beaumont (so you winners might want to hold up on spending all that cash)! Additionally, the Willowcrest will begin shipping next week… I apologize for the delay. I'm also happy to share with you that Seven's health is improving and I have hopes that she will be able to fully enjoy her 14th summer in beautiful Upstate NY!

And a Personal Thanks to the Judges

Massive thanks to my big sister Lisa and my pop Dean Sr. for a job well done!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful choices! Some of my favorites - I knew I had good taste! :yes:

And thanks Dean, what a cool gift and so nice of Greenleaf! Glad Seven is improving. We know how stressful caring for sick furbabies can be!

:sad_2::gleam:

I can't believe it! I took a break from cleaning and the results were up!!!!! Whew....

:dunno:

A Huge Congrats Jen!! I love your Loganberry Mill !! It's so realistic!! Beautiful!

Roy, your wagon is really great! So fantasticly realistic!

And Eily- I just loved your art work--Fabulous! and of course Linda, I loved your shelter idea! Awesome!

And to all the budding miniaturists!!

Tyler, Rachael and Sarah and Simone and Rebekah S. and Victoria!! What fantastic work! :yes: You rock :)

I'm so excited to be looking forward to the 1/144 Loganberry Mill!! What a great rememberance of my first contest!!!

Dean, glad to hear Seven is better!!!

And oh my....the Beaumont is being re-released!!!! Wah Hoo!! Better start saving my pennies now!!!!

Hurray!! :D

:congrats::groupwave: :music_band:

Jen, Linda, and all the winners!! Your entries were truly stunning and so very well done!

What a fabulous contest this was - I thoroughly enjoyed being part of it.

And a HUGE Thank You to Dean & Co. It must have seemed a monumental task to judge this contest. I applaud the judges on their picks, and for getting through this. The teeny tiny "Loganberry Mill" gift for everyone is so adorable, and very much appreciated.

We are so spoiled here. I know I will treasure that little beauty.

Take a bow everyone...we all did great!

I'm absolutely thrilled, shocked, numb and unable to wipe the smile from my face. And my tyke is beaming to have a legacy! :music_band:

But since no one believes her when she says she's distantly, distantly related to Aaron Carter, maybe they won't believe this! (And yes, really, my mom used to coordinate genealogical lineage with his grandfather!)

After a while all I could see in my mill were all the things I should and could have done, and instead drooled all over everyone else's work (sorry about that, lemme get a towel...)

Congrats to everyone!!!

:music_band: WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO....I was just strolling

around when I happened upon the Winner's Circle.!! Excellent!! This was my first

contest- my first finished house-and my first real understanding of the world of minis and

how to let your mind just FLY!!! I loved every minute of it. Congrats to the winners-beautiful work-All. Can't wait until the next contest.But in the meantime: Happy days to all!!!!! :groupwave::congrats::p:p

PS Thank you Greenleaf!!!!!What a ride!!

I hope we can buy the 1/144 too???

Sorry Jennifer, I have no plans on making the 144 kit available for retail. I wanted to do something special for the contestants... like I said, I think they are all winners!

On that note, I won't get around to forking out the prizes until next week. I should have every one's address. If not, I will contact you at the email address you used to submit your entry. I will be sending out the gift certificates via email next week as well. I also plan on sending the four big winners a full scale laser cut contest house with their name and contest placement engraved on it for a truly one of kind gift.

Thanks again everyone!

Dean

Congratulations Jen, your entry was truly amazing. And Roy's is very unique and well done. Congrats to ALL the winners, your entries were all worthy of first place. I admire your creativity, skill and expertise.

Thank you Dean for a great contest and the unique gift. I'll be looking for it in the mail.

Josi

Congratuations to all the winners. Thank you also Dean for having the contest and sending us all the gift. I know that I will put it to good use. Hopefully 7 will be strong again and you will have many years of happiness with her. Now to go look at all the entries. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Dean,

You have got to be the most thoughtful business owner out there! What fantastic ways to commemorate this contest!

Traci, you have said a true thing, and worthy of all men to be believed! Dean & Co ROCK! I am also delighted to see that the Gallery is up, and no wonder the judges had such an awful, awful time with the kids' entries; they were ALL winners!

Congratulations to the adult winners, you really set the bar up high, and all you others made it hard on the poor judges!

Now let's all you "outsiders" come in out of the cold and join us and introduce yourselves in the Newcomers' Forum!

Congratulations to Jen, Roy, Linda,and all the kids!

All your work is just wonderful! I'm thrilled to be in your company!

Thanks to Dean and the judges!

This was a great kit to work with. I am amazed at all the great ideas everyone had for it.

Well, no time to waste, on to the next house.....

Eily

Congratulations To all of the Wonderful Winners!!! Thank you SO much Dean for all that you do!! This years contest house was a very inspirational one. I don't know anyone who was not inspired to do something fun and cool with this house! The 144th scale house to commemorate this occasion is such a special touch. Thank you so much for always making everyone feel like a winner. My girls are just Thrilled about the win!!!

:music_band:

Everyone!!! I wouldn't want to have been a judge on this! Thank you Dean & Greenleaf for giving us such a wonderful contest & especially for adding the children's category this year!!! Tyler is beaming from ear to ear! His birthday is next week (11 on the 11th) so this is like an early birthday present! He worked so hard on this kit (sanding is his LEAST favorite task & he spent several hours doing so), learned many new things like sponge painting & sealing wood with clear coating or primer & has been proudly showing pictures to everyone - what a fantastic ego booster!

All of the children did such fantastic jobs that they ARE all winners & the adult entries are just as fantastic! I am in awe of the talent in this forum and am thrilled to get to be a part of it!

Dean, I am happy to hear that your furbaby is doing better! They are such a big part of our families & its very hard when they don't feel good.

Thank you for the 144th scale house too! Gee, I think I see a birdhouse in its future!!! :groupwave:

Congrats everyone. Though we were all winners I had my favorites and I can see I wasn't alone...lol WTG EVERYONE! I had so much fun and the deadline pushed me to complete my first house so I'm especially proud of my accomplishments. What a great community. Thank you Greenleaf and especially the judges...you had a job I wouldn't want for any amount of money in the world. You did awesome...love the choices.

Well, after seeing that mill...how could it not be a winner??!! I'm so glad I wasn't a judge of these...I'd still be pondering the choices by next Christmas.. :groupwave:

Congratulations to all the winners, and especially to all the kids whose entries really were awesome!

My husband is looking forward to his mini-house! :music_band: Thanks Dean, and Greenleaf, for your generosity!